Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

20.2.2.1 now available

Hi Community,

We have made a few bug fixes to our 20.2.2 update, and are now making 20.2.2.1 available via the Priority List. (http://tivo.com/priority)

Here are some of the issues that have been resolved:

* Customers in Pittsburg were hearing Spanish instead of English on their ABC channel (WTAE). This issue also affected a limited number of other networks and shows and resulted in customers hearing "Audio Description" audio. It should now be resolved for all.

* Channel Logos have been restored in the Guide

* Some customers were hearing sound effects when pressing CHAN UP/DOWN in live TV. These actions should now be silent.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Thanks for providing some of the bugfixes in the change log, this should be done routinely for every update. We shouldn't have to guess what was fixed and what might still be an issue.

How long does priority list reg last? I.e., if you do it for fall update 20.2.2, do you have to reg again for this one?
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Yes, you need to re-register on the priority list to get 20.2.2.1.
TiVo Inc. *

Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
compnurd

Any idea of how long it will be ready after registering? would like to get this before modern family tonight

Last edited by compnurd : 11-28-2012 at 03:29 PM.
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Kingpcgeek
Couch Potato

How about making the forms on tivo.com cut and paste friendly? Why can one not simply copy their TSN from the My account page and paste it into the priority page? Instead we have 4 different boxes to which we have to manually type the number.

The same goes problem when your are checking to see if you are eligible for a special offer, the TSN form field assumes there are no dashes in the TSN so it strips off the last three digits when pasted in the form field.

Come on TiVo, that number is what everything revolves around, use it consistently.
Kingpcgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
jrtroo
User

It's not that hard to type in 4 fields. Plus it is only used 1-2x per yer. I would much rather they work on other things.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
compnurd

Yeh really we are talking 4 fields here
Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Drewster
Shooting blanks

Registered!

Is it here yet?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Kingpcgeek
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
It's not that hard to type in 4 fields. Plus it is only used 1-2x per yer. I would much rather they work on other things.
Sorry part of my job responsibility is working on web usability and things like that really bother me. I also appreciate when people that use my web sites point out issues that I did not find. The end user is the ultimate tester.

Besides if you think think their web programmers are the same people as the people improving the TiVo interface then you are greatly mistaken. Fixing one does not mean a delay in another.
Kingpcgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Getting consistency and simplicity for users across it's web presence is not asking a lot.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
mrizzo80

I think the easiest way to handle signing up for the Priority List would be for them to just add a button to the grid on the My Account page on TiVo.com next to each individual registered TiVo. No need for a separate web page -- just click a button for each Premiere you want to get the early release software.

Or maybe they like keeping the signup "hidden" so only the enthusiasts know it exists?
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
Or maybe they like keeping the signup "hidden" so only the enthusiasts know it exists?
I suspect they want to keep this limited mostly to enthusiasts.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
PedjaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Hi Community,

We have made a few bug fixes to our 20.2.2 update, and are now making 20.2.2.1 available via the Priority List. (http://tivo.com/priority)
I am still on 20.2.1. Do I first have to get 20.2.2, or can I jump straight to 20.2.2.1?
PedjaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
bdspilot

When will 20.2.2.1 be out for everyone without being on priority list.
bdspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedjaR View Post
I am still on 20.2.1. Do I first have to get 20.2.2, or can I jump straight to 20.2.2.1?
You can jump directly from 20.2.1.2 to 20.2.2.1.
TiVo Inc. *

Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdspilot View Post
When will 20.2.2.1 be out for everyone without being on priority list.
Most likely by the end of next week.
TiVo Inc. *

Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
mattack

Lots of other web pages (and software registration dialogs) do copy/paste properly for things like serial #s.. tivo should too.

BTW, problems in the previous update (maybe I'll email them too):
1) you can't use channel up/down to move between items (e.g. program details when in a folder, or browsing the guide, or to do list), like you can in SD UI. This is pretty much enough to make me move back to SD UI.
2) when you choose another recording from View Upcoming, IT DOES NOT APPLY YOUR SEASON PASS SETTINGS (e.g. padding), so you MISS PART OF THE RECORDING. This works fine in SD UI.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #18
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
2) when you choose another recording from View Upcoming, IT DOES NOT APPLY YOUR SEASON PASS SETTINGS (e.g. padding), so you MISS PART OF THE RECORDING. This works fine in SD UI.
This is one I'd like to see fixed.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #19
moyekj

Quote:
BTW, problems in the previous update (maybe I'll email them too):
1) you can't use channel up/down to move between items (e.g. program details when in a folder, or browsing the guide, or to do list), like you can in SD UI. This is pretty much enough to make me move back to SD UI.
This has been a problem from day 1 with the HDUI and I don't understand why it has not been a priority to fix.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #20
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Customers in Pittsburg were hearing Spanish instead of English on their ABC channel (WTAE). This issue also affected a limited number of other networks and shows and resulted in customers hearing "Audio Description" audio. It should now be resolved for all.
Wow - was this really only in Pittsburgh? I'm extremely happy this is being fixed, although I had a really bad support experience trying to report the problem (cases 121127-015207 and 121107-015853.) I'm glad that despite what the reps did that it apparently percolated up to someone who recognized it was an actual problem and fixed it.

See also this thread. (edit: some reports on that thread appear to be outside of Pittsburgh, so it appears to be a wider-spread problem).

Last edited by todd_j_derr : 11-29-2012 at 01:03 AM.
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #21
unitron

Quote:
Hi Community,

* Customers in Pittsburg were hearing Spanish instead of English on their ABC channel (WTAE). This issue also affected a limited number of other networks and shows and resulted in customers hearing "Audio Description" audio. It should now be resolved for all.

* Some customers were hearing sound effects when pressing CHAN UP/DOWN in live TV. These actions should now be silent.

--Margret
If it was just the one affiliate in the one market, what was WTAE doing wrong, and did it affect anything other than TiVos, and which model TiVos did it affect?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #22
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpcgeek View Post
Sorry part of my job responsibility is working on web usability and things like that really bother me. I also appreciate when people that use my web sites point out issues that I did not find. The end user is the ultimate tester.
Part of my existance is using the web and things like that really bother me, especially if I'm ultimately the one paying for it.

Quote:
Besides if you think think their web programmers are the same people as the people improving the TiVo interface then you are greatly mistaken. Fixing one does not mean a delay in another.
Let's hope the same small group of people don't have to handle both chores.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
compnurd

Ok.. It does not appear to be out yet. Registered yesterday after seeing this and no download yet
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #24
jcthorne

Quote:
Hi Community,

--Margret
Thanks for the information and the update! Really appreciate your letting us know. Signed up both of my units.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #25
johnccronk

Will this be a quick patch install or another hour long install as 20.2.2 was?
johnccronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #26
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnccronk View Post
Will this be a quick patch install or another hour long install as 20.2.2 was?
Since no one has it yet.. we dont know
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #27
muzzymate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
If it was just the one affiliate in the one market, what was WTAE doing wrong, and did it affect anything other than TiVos, and which model TiVos did it affect?
I can report this was happening occasionally on Fox broadcasts (WJW) for the show Bones in Cleveland (hearing the "Audio Description" audio) OTA on my Premiere. Just thought it was a problem with WJW mixing up their audio sources. My wife thought she was going crazy at first! Didn't associate it with the software update. Looking forward to getting back to normal audio all the time!
muzzymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
TZR916

Quote:
Never been a problem on my Elite HDUI. Works as page up/down.
TZR916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #29
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZR916 View Post
Never been a problem on my Elite HDUI. Works as page up/down.
I wondered about this too, as it works for Pageup/Pagedown.

But switch to the SDUI
Go to a My Shows folder with more than one show (the more the better)
Select the first show
Then use the Pageup/Pagedown and you will see it moves from on show to another within that one folder.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #30
mr_smits

Quote:
How about making the forms on tivo.com cut and paste friendly?
Yes, please.
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote