TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
Beryl

The Walking Dead S3E7 - 11/25/12

How do I hate the Governor? Let me count the ways. I wanted to use Michonne's sword on him when he debased Maggie.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Anybody still on Team Guv?

Glenn sure is a stud. "Zombies? Pfah. I can take a zombie with both hands duct-taped to a chair."
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Azlen

So much for the theory of Michonne being immune from zombie attacks.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
mwhip
All better

I thought she figured out masking her scent with their blood was the trick. I was waiting for the whole crew to "butter up" with the dead but that never happened.

I guess I really don't get what chaos would ensue in an apocalypse situation because wouldn't the goal be to try and get in a group? I just don't see how rationalizing would be so hard. Sure Merle is a psychopath but why can't they just explain to the Governor that he was a liability to the group and had to be chained up. Obviously the Governor knows this Merle works for him. In the world of an apocalypse what good is taking prisoners? Either kill everyone you come up on or leave them be. Now I know Merle is looking for his brother and a nit pissed at the tying up but why the Governor is letting him beat up the guy I don't know.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Zevida
witless and unarmed

The music at the end was very good, quite ominous.

I'm glad the Gov didn't rape Maggie, of course, some will say that's more proof he's not all bad. Because degradation and humiliation and torture and murder aren't all that bad.

Interesting that Michonne is going with them. I wonder if she wants revenge on Merle? She has no other reason to go in, other than not liking the place and the Gov.

Poor Glenn. He was pretty bad ass fighting that zombie though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I laughed out loud when they cut from the scene of the guy in the house getting eaten by the zombies to the commercial for KFC "Today tastes so good".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Anybody still on Team Guv?
That same thought ran through my head. "wonder who is still on team governor on tcf".

Quote:

Glenn sure is a stud. "Zombies? Pfah. I can take a zombie with both hands duct-taped to a chair."
Glenn rocks!! That was awesome!

I wonder if the smell on Michonne covered her scent up to some degree but when she was outside the fence, and she touched her leg - it looked like it was fresh blood - that triggered them again.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Interesting that Michonne is going with them. I wonder if she wants revenge on Merle? She has no other reason to go in, other than not liking the place and the Gov.
Well, she has one reason...

They did keep showing her watching Rick's crew being all familial and talking about how risking their lives to look out for each other is what they do. No doubt she's now feeling pretty crappy about abandoning Andrea in what she believes to be a pretty terrible situation...beliefs that have taken on a whole new depth now that she's seen Merle at work.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I liked how she used Jim Jones as a description of the Governor.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #10
Beryl

Quote:
Well, she has one reason...

They did keep showing her watching Rick's crew being all familial and talking about how risking their lives to look out for each other is what they do. No doubt she's now feeling pretty crappy about abandoning Andrea in what she believes to be a pretty terrible situation...beliefs that have taken on a whole new depth now that she's seen Merle at work.
That is what I'm thinking. Can't we all line up ala 'Airplane' and slap Andrea?

Loving Glen more and more this season. And Carl -- he is a little man now.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #11
SnakeEyes

Carl still sucks and I hope he gets bitten
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #12
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
Fantastic contribution.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I think Carl is a terrible little man, but in an interesting way. At least potentially.

He certainly is the budding little psychopath! I sure hope they start throwing possible obstacles in his path to Evil Little Monster soon...
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #14
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
+1
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
TiVo'Brien
Multi-year Veteran

They need to let Carl's hair grow out - make him start looking like a hoodlum, not a cute little boy if they want to convince us he's turning into a badass, which is where I assume they're taking his character.
TiVo'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #16
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo'Brien View Post
They need to let Carl's hair grow out - make him start looking like a hoodlum, not a cute little boy if they want to convince us he's turning into a badass, which is where I assume they're taking his character.
With his sister Judy as "little bad ass".

Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #17
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I think she has feelings for Andrea and wants to get her out. Otherwise she'd never go back, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I laughed out loud when they cut from the scene of the guy in the house getting eaten by the zombies to the commercial for KFC "Today tastes so good".
My wife said exactly the same thing: she suggested that companies selling food should make extra requirements in their contract when advertising on Walking Dead

Quote:
I wonder if the smell on Michonne covered her scent up to some degree but when she was outside the fence, and she touched her leg - it looked like it was fresh blood - that triggered them again.
That's just how I saw it. She got fresh blood on her hand than raised her hand to the fence, and that brought the blood "outside" the masking of the zombie guts and up near the face of the zombie next to her, and he smelled it.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
I did too!
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
sharkster

Man, you could tell that the Gov was awful from the first moment you saw him and, as expected, it is getting worse and worse.

I think Merle is still the same puke he always was, and that won't change. I see (in my head) a scenario where Daryl ends up being the one who gets to eliminate him. OTOH, it seems that Merle is some sort of viewer fav (why?) so I can see him continuing to be the antagonist or being the one who takes over for the Governator, once he or Michonne kills him off.

I never liked Carl either, but he seems less unlikable to me lately. But - Judith? The name of his first grade (or whatever grade that was) teacher? Um, ok...
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #20
ozzman73
Home Made

The KFC commercial timing was great.

I'm not sure I agree with all the Carl hate. Much like Glenn said to Merle, they have been on the road for a while and with they have seen and done, the mental consequences are tremendous. Carl is just becoming very hardened. Even if his acting range is small, remember the naive Carl in the first few episodes and compare him to this Carl. Night and day. But, we may end up seeing Carl Vader at some point.

As far as the Guv, his forced comforting of Maggie matched the comforting (his actions and words) of Andrea near the end.

The other comparison point between life on the compound and life in prison was their respective receptions to Michonne. The Governor's crew was open, happy, here is a shower, etc. Welcome to the gang, stay with us. Rick's was more like, stay in this locked area with bars, we'll patch up and send you on your way.
ozzman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman73 View Post
The other comparison point between life on the compound and life in prison was their respective receptions to Michonne. The Governor's crew was open, happy, here is a shower, etc. Welcome to the gang, stay with us. Rick's was more like, stay in this locked area with bars, we'll patch up and send you on your way.
And yet she seems to have been able to figure out pretty quickly in both cases who the good guys and the bad guys are.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
Beryl

The actor playing the Governor is doing a fabulous job portraying a sociopath. When he degraded Maggie, I wanted to jump through the screen with a katana. That is the result of an effective performance. The guy playing Merle (Murl, Mürl, Meryl) is also doing well but I'm happy to see someone else take him out eventually -- or not. I agree that he can hang around and make lives miserable -- kind of like Shane.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
ozzman73
Home Made

Quote:
And yet she seems to have been able to figure out pretty quickly in both cases who the good guys and the bad guys are.
But I think this is mainly done for the audience, as we can see here on TCF, some people mistake superficial good and comfort for something to look for in a post-apocalyptic world.
ozzman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
With his sister Judy as "little bad ass".
I think it's "little ass-kicker".
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
What is this thing called a "commercial" to which you refer?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Now I know that Michonne does not talk much but after spending 6 months with Andrea she had to realize who these people were (how many groups would have a Rick, Carl, Glen , Maggie, etc) so why wouldn't she let them know that she knew Andrea and that Andrea was in the town?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman73 View Post
Rick is too reluctant to add people to his group. While you have to be careful about who you let in and they have to earn trust, automatically turning people away is not the right approach. They're losing too many people to just turn everyone away. The fewer people you have, the harder it is to defend yourselves.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
MacThor
Not Pictured

Hopefully this can put to rest the immunity/invisibility/camouflage argument. Zombie slaves and walker guts both act as camouflage.

It's been well established that walkers don't see very well. They are mostly drawn to sound and smell. (The extras' contact lenses even make it hard to see, to enhance the poor vision effect). This is why hiding quietly among dead bodies works.

So if you have two docile walkers chained to you, chances are that (from a safe enough distance) you look like three blurry walkers to other walkers. Two dead slaves to one living human can mask the smell (again, from a distance) and you're only shuffling along at walker-pace.

Walker guts do the same thing if you shuffle along and don't act "living." That's why Rick & Glenn shuffled in Atlanta. Again, like camouflage, it bought them time but it wasn't perfect invisibility. Eventually the walkers figured out they were living, just like they did with Michonne at the fence.

The nitpick I struggle with is how a bite gives you an infection then fatal fever, but zombie-splatter doesn't.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #29
Peter000

I'm not getting the Carl hate. I think he's an amazing character this season. That actor has done a terrific job.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #30
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
The nitpick I struggle with is how a bite gives you an infection then fatal fever, but zombie-splatter doesn't.
I'm sure of you swallowed the splatter, it would do something, but maybe the flavor would make you regurgitate it before it would do anything. And maybe stomach acids would take care of things, where a bite gets right into the bloodstream.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote