TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
jdaniels1982

Angry N33 error message??? No TiVo Connection

I own a TiVo premier, I was in the middle of watching a film on Netflix when the app suddenly shut down and I was returned to the TiVo central screen. It appeared that my TiVo lost its connection to the Internet. I restarted the TiVo but the same problem continued. The message reads "this TiVo box is connected to the Internet but is having trouble connecting to the TiVo service(N33)."

I have no problem connecting to the Internet in the house and Netflix is streaming just fine onmy iPad.

I tried testing the tivo box connection and it worked, but when I tried to manually force a connection it failed.

Can anyone help? It's after hours in TiVo customer service world

Please help
jdaniels1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Same message for me as well. Must be a TiVo server problem.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
jdaniels1982

Angry

What time did it happen to u? I'm in ny, everything went dead here at about 9:30pm. Anyone else with a premier having a similar issue?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
SafariKC
My TiVo reboots alot

Same here... I'm in Boston and agree it went south probably around 9:30

I'm guessing they have a team of engineers working on getting things back to normal in their data center. As an ops manager for a few online products myself, I know this feeling all to well.

KC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SafariKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
rainwater

Yeah, the same error for me. Hopefully TiVo is aware of the issue.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
jdaniels1982

Angry

Still N33 message at 10:30 Ny time. Did anyone get it working yet?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
shamilian

Still down,

but my second forced update worked.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
blocktek

N33 error here for me on the west coast, since at least 7pm PST. No way to contact live support at TiVO, either.
blocktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
mmf01

+1 on N33 error here as well. "Unrecoverable Error" appears when performing a net connect. iPad app also stopped working too. Time for TiVo to reboot their servers.

EDIT: Net connect eventually went through after second attempt, but still showing N33 error.

Last edited by mmf01 : 02-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.
mmf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
JandS

7:45pm west coast. Not getting N33 error, but when viewing the suggestions in Tivo Central the only text that appears for each suggestion is the bottom "Recommended because" blurb. There are no details of the specific show in the space above, just empty dark blue screen.
JandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

I had an N33 error earlier today (about noon PST, but on only one of my Premieres) That cleared up, all was well, and then it broke again
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
wikiwiki2004

I have two premieres and both have the N33 message and have had it since about 9:30pm. I am in the eastern time zone. I also have the tivo app on my ipad and it quit working about the same time. I was thinking at first this was an issue with my network. Now I suspect it is actually an issue with the tivo servers. Hope they fix this soon!
wikiwiki2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
Atomic Buffalo

Kicked me out of the middle of Netflix streaming too, with an N33 error. About an hour ago?

I finished watching the program on my Tivo-equipped TV -- it resumed right where the Tivo quit, which is nice.

I assume cable recording isn't affected...
Atomic Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
mmf01

Well this is classic...TiVo iPad app is now telling me my media access key is wrong. Net connect completed, but still N33 error and MAK not being recognized.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Bob Yale

Since the 14.9.2.2 update the N33 errors started, infrequently at first, but over the past week they have increased in frequency until they now appear 90% of the time. This causes the service to be unusable. Shows dont always record. Constant lock ups. Navigating through the menus is extremely sluggish and completely freezes up after 3 or 4 clicks on the remote. When it freezes it takes several minutes to recover allowing a few more clicks until it locks up again.

I moved the antenna around but no luck. I tried forcing a connection, still nothing. I rebooted the unit and it comes back with the top banner, but after a few minutes it goes back to N33! Now I put the Apple Express unit 3 feet away, but the issue persists. Nothing is different with the unit (hard drive and WD external drive) except for the 14.9.2.2 upgrade. All other network connected components work fine.

I have a rather large gathering coming here to watch the Super Bowl... Hope to have this figured out by then. Any ideas? Anybody sending their units back to TiVo?
Bob Yale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
wikiwiki2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmf01 View Post
Well this is classic...TiVo iPad app is now telling me my media access key is wrong. Net connect completed, but still N33 error and MAK not being recognized.
I received that error on my tivo app for the ipad about an hour after I received the N33 error. I think they are linked. I checked the code from my tivo box and it is CORRECT, but even after I re-enter it the tivo app still says it is wrong. Seems the N33 error is creating a big domino affect. I am hoping they fix this soon. My tivo app on my ipad is now completely useless.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
shamilian

Tivo Service Down for Emergency Update.

Chat with Tivo

We're performing maintenance on our servers tonight. Connections to the TiVo Service, On Demand Features, some HD menu features and even use of the TiVo App will not work for 2-3 hours while these updates process.

this was an emergency update.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
SafariKC
My TiVo reboots alot

TiVo just posted on twitter:

We're aware that some of the TiVo Premiere service features are currently down. We will update you as we learn more. It is being addressed.

I'm sure all will be well soon.

KC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SafariKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
h0sti1e17

I am having the same issue. I first noticed the message a few minutes ago (11pm east). But around 9:45ish I went into view my recorded programs and I would get a spinning blue circle when I selected a folder and it would take about 15-20 seconds to let me see "play". That isn't doing that right now, so not sure if they are connected or now.
h0sti1e17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
h0sti1e17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariKC View Post

We're aware that some of the TiVo Premiere service features are currently down. We will update you as we learn more. It is being addressed.

KC
While that is a pain, at least I know it isn't something on my end or with my TiVo.
h0sti1e17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
mrschimpf

N33 here also in Wisconsin; glad to hear it's not on my end.

Thankfully this is already result #3 on Google for "tivo N33 error", so expect this to be a highly-trafficed thread tonight.
mrschimpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
mmf01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariKC View Post

KC
Uh oh...Someone accidentally ran windows update on production servers during primetime. Next time click postpone rather than reboot.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #23
PaulScarp

N33 error

It happened to my premiere elite at 7:30 central time. Nothing seems to get it to work properly. I have rebooted the TiVo, reset the router and even checked with the cable company for any Internet issues. It has to be TiVo servers. The TiVo is kinda useless until this is fixed
PaulScarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #24
Lrscpa

Thank goodness for TiVo Community.

Imagine how I felt, having just gone through guided setup on a brand new Priemere Elite and Cablecard pairing without a hitch, only to get to the pretty new HD menu with an N33 Error.

When I select a program from My Shows, before I hit play, I hear the TiVo bonk, the screen goes black for about a minute, then comes back to the main TiVo menu.

Time to go to sleep, let this puppy continue indexing, then force a connection or two in the AM.

Roamio Pro (Stock) w/Lifetime <Stewie>
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime <Brian>
TiVo Premiere Elite (Stock) w/Lifetime-Sold
TiVo HD w/1TB WD10000CSRTL w/Lifetime-Sold
No More Tuning Adapters!
MoCA
Lrscpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
Brighton Line

Have N33 on both Premires @ 11:53p EST, going to bed as well.
Brighton Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #26
eddieb187

My Premieres are back up and working as of 11:50 PM.
So I guess they finished the update.
eddieb187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #27
wikiwiki2004

Both of my Premieres are up and running again and no N33 message. The one just needed a force connect. The other I did the force connect and it still wouldn't get rid of the N33 message until I forced a restart on it. Now both Premieres are without the N33. If you still have the N33 message try the force connect first if that doesn't work might have to force the tivo into a restart. To force a restart you need to go to settings & messages, then Help, then Restart or Reset System, then select Restart the Tivo Box.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #28
rainwater

You shouldn't need to force a reconnect. Worst case scenario, just pull the ethernet and re-set it. All of mine came back automatically without any connections.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #29
wikiwiki2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
You shouldn't need to force a reconnect. Worst case scenario, just pull the ethernet and re-set it. All of mine came back automatically without any connections.
When others were coming back up I actually did pull both wireless adapters and reconnected them. That didn't work, I still had the N33 on both. So I forced both to reconnect the one came back fine the N33 disappeared the other still had the N33 error I ended up restarting the one completed and now both have no N33 error. Just stating if anyone has the issue I did you might have to force a reconnect and worst case scenario even force a restart.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #30
zowwie85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmf01 View Post
Uh oh...Someone accidentally ran windows update on production servers during primetime. Next time click postpone rather than reboot.
I would hope they have a high-availability configuration
zowwie85 is offline   Reply With Quote