TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #61
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

They had to kill the crazy guy. They had no choice. He was going to get them killed.

However, I don't think for a second that Rick wouldn't have killed him eventually anyway. Pretty much everyone who crosses paths with Rick gets killed. Even Michonne got locked in a cell. Luckily, she brought baby formula and information about Rick's friends. It's the only reason he kept her alive. He needs her. Rick and The Governor are not too different. The Governor has just done a better job of keeping his people alive.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #62
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
They had to kill the crazy guy. They had no choice. He was going to get them killed.

However, I don't think for a second that Rick wouldn't have killed him eventually anyway. Pretty much everyone who crosses paths with Rick gets killed. Even Michonne got locked in a cell. Luckily, she brought baby formula and information about Rick's friends. It's the only reason he kept her alive. He needs her. Rick and The Governor are not too different. The Governor has just done a better job of keeping his people alive.
Yes, but the crazy guy would have still been alive had Rick et al. not come along. Michonne would have been dead had Carl not taken action, and Rick taken her inside.

And technically she wasn't "locked up," but locked OUT, outside of their celblock. She was safe from walkers, but the group was safe from her until the could determine whether she was a threat or not.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #63
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I can't even describe how annoyed I was that she didn't tell them about Andrea, or that Daryl's brother is the guy that took Glen and Maggie. After the way last week ended, I was sure she would go in there and lay everything out for them. I thought this episode was *excellent* but that type of "characters not sharing incredibly critical information" is one of my biggest TV writing pet peeves. Some of the best shows have done it and those were always some of the weakest links of those shows.

The only way it's possible that she doesn't know who they are is if Andrea didn't tell her about them in the EIGHT MONTHS they were on the road together, which I just can't believe. But that's the only way her not telling them about Andrea and Merle makes sense. To me the only reason they did it was to make it more dramatic once they do get into the town, but that's weak, and especially weak for this show which is consistently above and beyond what other shows try to get away with.
There was a scene when Andrea told Michonne "I told you everything about me." She seems like the type that wouldn't shut up.

Michonne knew that it was Andrea's group as soon as she heard Merle asking about his brother, if not before. She probably didn't mention Merle, because she's unsure of Dale's reaction. But not mentioning Andrea?

I thought it was interesting how inexperienced the doctor/scientist guy is. I think a large part of the town may be completely useless if it's overrun.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #64
ozzman73
Home Made

Andrea and mrdazzo7 would make a good couple, albeit not an introspective one.

The town is very inexperienced, so much so that the Governor asked Merle how was it possible that the small group was able clear the prison by themselves?
ozzman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #65
LlamaLarry

Not to mention that apparently their chief scientist has never actually seen someone turn. HTF is that even possible at this point?
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #66
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

I liked quote from Merle this episode, 'I'll bake a cake with pink frosting, would they like that?' The actor did a great job delivering that line.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #67
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Their chief scientist looks like he was a grade school science teacher or a home grown wannabe scientist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #68
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Their chief scientist looks like he was a grade school science teacher or a home grown wannabe scientist.
Agreed. Probably the best they have in the town.

It is really dumb to kill off everyone without determining if they are a threat because they need to build groups with a variety of skills.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #69
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Also, they were supposed to be just a mile away from Woodbury: are we to believe he could be living so close to the Governor and none of the Governor's folks have ever come across him? Weird.

However, I suspect that's the last we'll hear about that guy.
I thought it was odd as well. No way the Governor and his people haven't come across that house and searched it if it's really less than a mile from Woodbury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I never really understood why they pick and choose who they search for. They easily could have gone back the next day to see if Andrea was still alive. The quest to save Merle was MUCH more dangerous. Even the mission to save Maggie and Glen is more dangerous than it would have been to save Andrea. Damn, these people suck.
As others have said, they lost Andrea when the farm was overrun by walkers. Don't forget that there were other members of Herschel's family's at at the same time. They have no reason to believe Andrea or Herschel's people survived, and thus no reason to go back looking for her, especially since that farm is likely now a walker hot zone.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #70
SoBelle0
What's next?

Didn't Carol see Andrea fall down and a walker was on top of her? Carol didn't know that Andrea had just shot that walker in the head, and was able to move it off of herself and get up/get moving...

From Carol's perspective - which she shared with the others - Andrea was a goner.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #71
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I can't even describe how annoyed I was that she didn't tell them about Andrea, or that Daryl's brother is the guy that took Glen and Maggie. After the way last week ended, I was sure she would go in there and lay everything out for them. I thought this episode was *excellent* but that type of "characters not sharing incredibly critical information" is one of my biggest TV writing pet peeves. Some of the best shows have done it and those were always some of the weakest links of those shows.
It equally baffled me that she didn't tell them ...

but boy are you wrong.

This is actually EXCELLENT writing and character development.

Michonne didn't tell them for a reason.
I have no idea what it is but she definitely chose not to.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #72
Casual

The Dead Dog Decaying helped mask the Crazy Guy's scent.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #73
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Good point. I never thought of that. Maybe the hermit never left that cabin. Must have had a LOT of rations.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #74
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Good point. I never thought of that. Maybe the hermit never left that cabin. Must have had a LOT of rations.
And an amazing indoor plumbing system.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #75
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
I guess dogs aren't good eating (except to Asian zombies maybe?)

I think Michonne has kept her mouth shut because she simply doesn't trust anybody, especially after the events at the governors town. Andrea obviously is cozy with the gov, so why should Michonne care about her at this point?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #76
Hcour

Quote:
The actor playing the Governor is doing a fabulous job portraying a sociopath. When he degraded Maggie, I wanted to jump through the screen with a katana. That is the result of an effective performance.
The actor (David Morrissey) playing the governer is actually British and has been in a lot of Brit series and min-series (including the superb "State of Play"). He also does a lot of Shakespeare on the English stage. Yeah, he's a darn good actor, fer shure.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #77
danterner
Not it!

I'm note quite yet able to put aside the character he played in Doctor Who; it has colored my view of the Governor a little, in the same way Dexter was initially colored by Hall's role as David in SFU. It's now hard to look at Dexter and see David, but I'm not 100% there yet with the Governor.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #78
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I'm not getting the Carl hate. I think he's an amazing character this season. That actor has done a terrific job.
I totally agree. He's pulling his weight with the zombie killin'. He's certainly more valuable than the blonde chick.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 11-30-2012 at 11:03 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #79
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
The actor (David Morrissey) playing the governer is actually British .
Oh geeze, yet another brit playing a yank... when's it going to end? It's the next british invasion!
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #80
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
It equally baffled me that she didn't tell them ...

but boy are you wrong.

This is actually EXCELLENT writing and character development.

Michonne didn't tell them for a reason.
I have no idea what it is but she definitely chose not to.
I have to disagree with this. It's Lost 101. The reason why Michonne didn't do the common sense thing and mention her friend Andrea and the crazy guy with a knife for a hand named Merle is because of the dramatic impact that will occur when Rick and the gang discover them. The writers may give Michonne some half assed reason for not sharing all of her valuable intel but it won't make any sense from a normal human being reaction perspective.

The Governor and Merle gots to get killed and I hope Glen whacks them both. With a chair.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #81
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Oh geeze, yet another brit playing a yank... when's it going to end? It's the next british invasion!
Maybe it will end in a great Civil War between all the Brits playing Americans, and all the Aussies playing Americans...
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #82
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The Governor and Merle gots to get killed and I hope Glen whacks them both. With a chair.
I've got my money on Merrll getting killed by his brother.

The governor probably gets it from Michone.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #83
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post

Spoiler below is speculation based on casting info.

Spoiler:
I thought the actor who plays the governor was signed on for two seasons, so I think he's going to be a long term antagonist. I don't expect any resolution to the Woodbury story or the Governor or Merle in the next episode.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #84
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post

I hope one of Maggie, Andrea, or Michonne take out the Gov -- in that order. Better yet, let them take him out like my girls did the psycho in "Death Proof". (I think it is because I'm a woman and this is feeling personal.)

I agree that Daryl will get his brother but Glenn and Michonne should be next in line, in that order.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #85
john4200

Quote:
I hope one of Maggie, Andrea, or Michonne take out the Gov -- in that order.
I'd like to see Gov kill Andrea, and then Michonne kill Gov. But I doubt I will get my wish.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #86
bluntspoon

In previous seasons there was a lot of back and forth about if the season was good or bad or living up to expectations. I was personally a little disappointed in Season 1 and actively disliked Season 2.

Season 3 is freaking fantastic.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #87
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntspoon View Post

Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #88
badtuned

I'm waiting those two brothers to go crazy when they get together. Interesting to see how it plays out.
badtuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #89
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtuned View Post
I'm waiting those two brothers to go crazy when they get together. Interesting to see how it plays out.
Last season Daril had a hallucination seeing Meeril in the woods. He was just as antagonistic and as-hole like as in real life.

I suspect that will play out the same way.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #90
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntspoon View Post
In previous seasons there was a lot of back and forth about if the season was good or bad or living up to expectations. I was personally a little disappointed in Season 1 and actively disliked Season 2.

I could do without all the new characters they are introducing:
Daril
Meeril
Merril
Murl
Merrl
etc.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote