TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #31
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post

I'm sure of you swallowed the splatter, it would do something, but maybe the flavor would make you regurgitate it before it would do anything. And maybe stomach acids would take care of things, where a bite gets right into the bloodstream.
Like when Daryl put the knife used to kill a zombie in a prior scene in his mouth when he went after Carol. Yes, he looked dead sexy doing it but the move gave me pause.
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #32
Zevida
witless and unarmed
 
Zevida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 13,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I'm not getting the Carl hate. I think he's an amazing character this season. That actor has done a terrific job.
I don't really get the hate either. He has been way better this year than last year. I'm not sure I would say amazing and terrific, but I'd say "much better" and "good". He's an entirely different character this year. No whining. Holding his own. An asset to the group. I'm ok with Carl.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #33
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I'm not getting the Carl hate. I think he's an amazing character this season. That actor has done a terrific job.
Could not disagree more. He's a child actor with very limited range....he's obviously the weakest link in an otherwise outstanding cast on a show that's hitting its stride this season.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
Peter000
Registered User
 
Peter000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Red Wing, MN
Posts: 17,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post

Could not disagree more. He's a child actor with very limited range....he's obviously the weakest link in an otherwise outstanding cast on a show that's hitting its stride this season.
No he's not. He's done emotional acting this season that many adult actors can't do. And he's not OVER-acting either. My weak link pick would be T-Dog. Not only can't he act very well, they didn't ever give him much to do (maybe because of that). It was a relief when they killed him off.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #35
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
No he's not. He's done emotional acting this season that many adult actors can't do. And he's not OVER-acting either. My weak link pick would be T-Dog. Not only can't he act very well, they didn't ever give him much to do (maybe because of that). It was a relief when they killed him off.
Once again....agree to disagree. There are plenty of folks who agree with me (see "why the Carl hate" comments....)

I see very little (if any) emotion in his acting. It's been the same expressionless face on him for two years now...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide
 
MonsterJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Central MA
Posts: 13,628
Good or bad...he's four orders of magnitude better than that little kid on Once Upon a Time. Man, that kid is terrible.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #37
Peter000
Registered User
 
Peter000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Red Wing, MN
Posts: 17,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post

Once again....agree to disagree. There are plenty of folks who agree with me (see "why the Carl hate" comments....)

I see very little (if any) emotion in his acting. It's been the same expressionless face on him for two years now...
We aren't watching the same thing.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,936
*Sniff*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3441109891.jpg (71.0 KB, 149 views)
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
BK89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 317
OK, so what was up with the hermit in the cabin? I can't believe no one has mentioned that yet. Are we to believe he has just been chilling all by himself this whole time? That was weird.
BK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
We aren't watching the same thing.
Obviously...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #41
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,178
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I think it's "little ass-kicker".
Thanks! I knew it was something like that.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #42
Shaunnick
Registered User
 
Shaunnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK89 View Post
OK, so what was up with the hermit in the cabin? I can't believe no one has mentioned that yet. Are we to believe he has just been chilling all by himself this whole time? That was weird.
I think that is it exactly. He was either:

A) A crazy person. Nothing else to add to that. He would have to have been crazy to not recognize the threat outside his door

B) Someone so cut off from society he had no idea the **** had hit the fan in the rest of the world so he was unaware of the greater danger, therefore so the only threat was Rick and Crew
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
B) Someone so cut off from society he had no idea the **** had hit the fan in the rest of the world so he was unaware of the greater danger, therefore so the only threat was Rick and Crew
This is what I thought. I was surprised they didn't want to explore that a little more. Should we assume there are others like him? He threatened to call the police. He obviously had no idea what the world had become.

I like Carl a lot more this season. It might have a little to do with the fact that he put a bullet in Lori.

I don't think Michonne wants to be alone. She knows she can't make it on her own. She almost died this time around. She needs to find a group that she can trust.

Are they going to give Oscar (is that his name?) any lines? They are treating him just like T-Dog!
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #44
Hank
AC•FTW
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 17,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Now I know that Michonne does not talk much but after spending 6 months with Andrea she had to realize who these people were (how many groups would have a Rick, Carl, Glen , Maggie, etc) so why wouldn't she let them know that she knew Andrea and that Andrea was in the town?
Totally agree. Of course she knows who they are and where Andrea is. She's acting very foolish to alienate herself from this group. Pretty stupid. Where does she expect to get to on her own?

And Oscar and T-dog? Looks like they replaced the token non-speaking huge black guy with an identical non-speaking huge black guy.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #45
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,178
TC CLUB MEMBER
Maybe huge black guys just don't talk in that universe.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
Test
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I think that is it exactly. He was either:

A) A crazy person. Nothing else to add to that. He would have to have been crazy to not recognize the threat outside his door

B) Someone so cut off from society he had no idea the **** had hit the fan in the rest of the world so he was unaware of the greater danger, therefore so the only threat was Rick and Crew
Did he have a dead dog in that cabin? If so, I vote crazy.
__________________
.
Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #47
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
The nitpick I struggle with is how a bite gives you an infection then fatal fever, but zombie-splatter doesn't.
This doesn't bother me too much. Getting bit by something is not the same thing at all as eating it, or even ingesting its blood. There are LOTS AND LOTS of bacteria and germs that live in the mouth and teeth that you would not necessarily come into contact with by eating something. Plus, has been mentioned, ingesting through the stomach is not the same at all as getting bit/injection directly into the blood stream and tissue. I'm not saying I would be so cavalier but, for a TV show, there's enough plausible deniability there for me to give them a pass on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Did he have a dead dog in that cabin? If so, I vote crazy.
Yes, a dead dog. Crazy for sure. However, it beggars belief that even a crazy person could survive by himself that long without some clue about zombies and what to do and not to do around them.

Also, they were supposed to be just a mile away from Woodbury: are we to believe he could be living so close to the Governor and none of the Governor's folks have ever come across him? Weird.

However, I suspect that's the last we'll hear about that guy.
__________________
"Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional!" -- Mad Scientist
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
stellie93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
The nitpick I struggle with is how a bite gives you an infection then fatal fever, but zombie-splatter doesn't.
If everyone who had a speck of zombie splatter on them died and turned, there wouldn't be any people left, and hence, no show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Now I know that Michonne does not talk much but after spending 6 months with Andrea she had to realize who these people were (how many groups would have a Rick, Carl, Glen , Maggie, etc) so why wouldn't she let them know that she knew Andrea and that Andrea was in the town?
I wonder how much Andrea told her about them, and if she thinks that they left her behind the same as Merle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Did he have a dead dog in that cabin? If so, I vote crazy.
If a week or 2 had passed, he might be sane, but no way he was that close to the city with all the lights and noise and hadn't seen any zombies. Maybe he
was someone they threw out just lately cause he's crazy and no use to them? Or they're giving him supplies and watching over him because he is of some use to them, although I can't think for what. There was a big lake there--maybe he stays on the water most of the time. Have we established if these zombies can swim or walk through water?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #49
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I wonder how much Andrea told her about them, and if she thinks that they left her behind the same as Merle?
Didn't she specifically talk about being abandoned, in somewhat bitter terms, in her early conversations with Michonne?
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #50
Hank
AC•FTW
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 17,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Also, they were supposed to be just a mile away from Woodbury: are we to believe he could be living so close to the Governor and none of the Governor's folks have ever come across him? Weird.
Much more than a mile away. The Gov/Mirle said that the prison was "deep in the red zone" and Rik, etc al had to drive there, and they stopped a mile away as per Michoone's recommendation.

I have no basis in fact, but I'd guess between 7 and 10 miles away.

edit: Nevermind. you're talking about the cabin.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #51
LlamaLarry
Registered User
 
LlamaLarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,716
I was really hoping for some Michonne backstory with her passing out, but no joy.

Our family has taken to just calling Oscar "Two-Dog"; not sure why the bothered. It would be funny for them to do a Beerfest "Landfill"/"Landfill 2" reference.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #52
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
If everyone who had a speck of zombie splatter on them died and turned, there wouldn't be any people left, and hence, no show.



I wonder how much Andrea told her about them, and if she thinks that they left her behind the same as Merle?


I think Merle made a comment about them leaving her behind. I'm not sure Andrea really feels that way though.

I never really understood why they pick and choose who they search for. They easily could have gone back the next day to see if Andrea was still alive. The quest to save Merle was MUCH more dangerous. Even the mission to save Maggie and Glen is more dangerous than it would have been to save Andrea. Damn, these people suck.

I just realized I'm still on the governor's side.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
Test
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I think Merle made a comment about them leaving her behind. I'm not sure Andrea really feels that way though.

I never really understood why they pick and choose who they search for. They easily could have gone back the next day to see if Andrea was still alive. The quest to save Merle was MUCH more dangerous. Even the mission to save Maggie and Glen is more dangerous than it would have been to save Andrea. Damn, these people suck.

I just realized I'm still on the governor's side.
Pretty sure they consider her dead, just because it was highly unlikely she would make it out of that scenario (kind of like they did with Carol). Merle was chained up on a "secured" roof, more likely to be there when they got back...plus his brother really pushed for it. Maggie and Glenn, they know where they are and that living people took them, chances are they are alive and I'm sure her father had some say in it.

So I guess, just make sure you have a relative still in the group. Then they'll never give up.
__________________
.
Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #54
MacThor
Not Pictured
 
MacThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 4,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
This doesn't bother me too much. Getting bit by something is not the same thing at all as eating it, or even ingesting its blood. There are LOTS AND LOTS of bacteria and germs that live in the mouth and teeth that you would not necessarily come into contact with by eating something. Plus, has been mentioned, ingesting through the stomach is not the same at all as getting bit/injection directly into the blood stream and tissue. I'm not saying I would be so cavalier but, for a TV show, there's enough plausible deniability there for me to give them a pass on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
If everyone who had a speck of zombie splatter on them died and turned, there wouldn't be any people left, and hence, no show..
I guess I really should have specified "disemboweled zombie guts spilling all over someone with a fresh bullet wound" instead of just saying splattered.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #55
NetJunkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,409
I didn't get the guy in the cabin. There were walkers EVERYWHERE yet he has no clue? That was just odd. I'm wondering if they cut part of that scene to make time or what...

Carl is going to be a problem. Kids grow up..remember Walt on Lost? He got killed off because he hit a nice growth spurt. I was wondering last night if Carl is wearing a novelty Sheriff's hat now to try and hide his growth.

And yes..my wife made the same comment about the KFC commercial. Funny.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NetJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #56
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
I didn't get the guy in the cabin. There were walkers EVERYWHERE yet he has no clue? That was just odd. I'm wondering if they cut part of that scene to make time or what...
I think the walkers followed our people to the cabin.

I also think the guy in the cabin would have no clue about anything, even if he had a full set of the Clue Encyclopedia on hand. He was pretty clearly insane and delusional. I think he was just lucky that the walkers hadn't found him yet.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #57
dirk1843
I'm your huckleberry
 
dirk1843's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Northeast Arkansas
Posts: 2,344
You do what you have to in this world of The Walking Dead................but geez, you break into a guys house, try and gain his trust, run him through with a sword, the push him out the front door a zombie snack so you can sneak out the back way.......I thought that was the worst thing anyone has done on the show so far.
__________________
I'll probably never know where she disappeared....But I can see her rising up..Out of the back seat now...Just like an angel rising up from a tomb
dirk1843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #58
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk1843 View Post
You do what you have to in this world of The Walking Dead................but geez, you break into a guys house, try and gain his trust, run him through with a sword, the push him out the front door a zombie snack so you can sneak out the back way.......I thought that was the worst thing anyone has done on the show so far.
That bothered me until I re-watched that scene. He needed to SHUT UP and didn't. Then, he was opening the door which would have let in the walkers and killed everyone. Yes, knocking in the head would have been better. It was a sad unavoidable situation which resulted in a walker feast.
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #59
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
That bothered me until I re-watched that scene. He needed to SHUT UP and didn't. Then, he was opening the door which would have let in the walkers and killed everyone. Yes, knocking in the head would have been better. It was a sad unavoidable situation which resulted in a walker feast.
Plus Michonne was on point (cough), which resulted in a kinder, gentler solution not being contemplated.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #60
mrdazzo7
Registered User
 
mrdazzo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Now I know that Michonne does not talk much but after spending 6 months with Andrea she had to realize who these people were (how many groups would have a Rick, Carl, Glen , Maggie, etc) so why wouldn't she let them know that she knew Andrea and that Andrea was in the town?
I can't even describe how annoyed I was that she didn't tell them about Andrea, or that Daryl's brother is the guy that took Glen and Maggie. After the way last week ended, I was sure she would go in there and lay everything out for them. I thought this episode was *excellent* but that type of "characters not sharing incredibly critical information" is one of my biggest TV writing pet peeves. Some of the best shows have done it and those were always some of the weakest links of those shows.

The only way it's possible that she doesn't know who they are is if Andrea didn't tell her about them in the EIGHT MONTHS they were on the road together, which I just can't believe. But that's the only way her not telling them about Andrea and Merle makes sense. To me the only reason they did it was to make it more dramatic once they do get into the town, but that's weak, and especially weak for this show which is consistently above and beyond what other shows try to get away with. So we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I never really understood why they pick and choose who they search for. They easily could have gone back the next day to see if Andrea was still alive.
I don't think that's true--the farm was *completely* overrun by walkers when they fled. I think saying they could have just popped back over the next day is a little judgmental, lol. I do think they should have gone back at SOME point, but I also see their logic which at that point was that Andrea was by herself on a farm overloaded with zombies, so risking to go back (and fight the hundreds of zombies?) for someone most likely dead wasn't smart at that time. of course none of this matters if you're Andrea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
So I guess, just make sure you have a relative still in the group. Then they'll never give up.
lol... I think the difference now is that the group has been on the run together for eight months--they're WAY more solid than they were previously. seasons 1 and 2 took place over a few weeks (maybe a month or two?) and even then the group was still forming. But the group that ended up in the prison was a solid unit after that amount of time together. So related or not, they're all a unit. You could see how relieved Rick was when he found out Carol was alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
That bothered me until I re-watched that scene. He needed to SHUT UP and didn't. Then, he was opening the door which would have let in the walkers and killed everyone. Yes, knocking in the head would have been better. It was a sad unavoidable situation which resulted in a walker feast.
Yeah it was dark for sure but they had absolutely no choice. It was "kill this guy or he's gonna let them in" and then "well this guy's already dead so let's use him as a diversion while we get away with our lives". If you look at the situation, it's pure "kill or be killed", there's no other way around it.


The show did an awesome job with the Glen and Maggie scenes--both making your skin crawl for two completely different reasons. The actors did a great job because I was genuinely afraid for their safety and watching their ordeal just made me hate Merle and the Guv even more. Wondering if one of them would be killed be the end of the episode made me realize that I love the core cast now and don't want anyone else to die, lol. Except Beth and the two prison guys because seriously who cares.... but everyone else needs to live.

I 100% want Merle to die though, and I hope Glen gets to do it.
__________________
"You're a pimp?"
"No, I'm a Companionator"
mrdazzo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |