TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
jtrippe77

TIVO Premier XL for sale

We just switched to DirecTV so can't use the XL anymore. I have about five months left on the contract. Would like to sell for that amount, $75. Any takers? Also, how do we do this? Do I just pay of the amount and then close my account and then the new owner switches or can someone assume my account and change the billing info, etc? This XL is less than a year old. I have he original box, remote, etc. Payment can be made via paypal.
jtrippe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
replaytv
deadbeat doofus

where do you live?
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
jtrippe77

Wetumpka, Alabama
Old 11-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrippe77 View Post
We just switched to DirecTV so can't use the XL anymore. I have about five months left on the contract. Would like to sell for that amount, $75. Any takers? Also, how do we do this? Do I just pay of the amount and then close my account and then the new owner switches or can someone assume my account and change the billing info, etc? This XL is less than a year old. I have he original box, remote, etc. Payment can be made via paypal.
Do you still owe them 5 months worth of subscription fees?

Or did you pay in advance and there are 5 already paid for months left to go?

In other words, would the buyer be paying $75 and taking on an obligation for another $75, or basically re-imbursing you for the next 5 months for which you have already paid and getting the hardware free?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
jtrippe77

I have five months to pay but would pay it off upon payment and I would think the purchaser would get to switch the account to their name and get those five months credit. I will call Tivo tomorrow to see how that works out
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
unitron

Quote:
I have five months to pay but would pay it off upon payment and I would think the purchaser would get to switch the account to their name and get those five months credit. I will call Tivo tomorrow to see how that works out
So the buyer would be re-imbursing you for the upcoming 5 months and getting the box free, basically?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
jtrippe77

Yes, basically or am willing to listen to other ideas. I just don't want to continue paying for service I'm not using. I loved the box when I used it with Brighthouse cable but left BH for many reasons.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

You should talk to TiVo the early termination fee might be cheaper then the full $75. Or talk to them about coverting to lifetime. Sometimes they will offer customers near the end of the contract $99 lifetime. If you can get that the TiVo will be worth at least $300.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
poppagene
User

$75 shipped or $75 plus shipping?
poppagene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
jtrippe77

Just talked to TIVO. There are two options:

1. I buyout the contract for $20. At that point I will sell for $50 plus S&H. My contract would be fulfilled and buyer sets up new account with fresh contract.

or

2.They've given me a reference number and whoever buys can call in to TIVO with that # and assume the remainder of the contract at $14.99 per month. So, all I'd ask for is shipping and take over the account. Whoever buys will be on the hook for four months and then can convert to a lifetime, maybe even at $99 if they offer that. This option allows the buyer to keep the promos, if any, on the account.

What do you think?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
poppagene
User

Quote:
Just talked to TIVO. There are two options:

1. I buyout the contract for $20. At that point I will sell for $50 plus S&H. My contract would be fulfilled and buyer sets up new account with fresh contract.

or

2.They've given me a reference number and whoever buys can call in to TIVO with that # and assume the remainder of the contract at $14.99 per month. So, all I'd ask for is shipping and take over the account. Whoever buys will be on the hook for four months and then can convert to a lifetime, maybe even at $99 if they offer that. This option allows the buyer to keep the promos, if any, on the account.

What do you think?
I'm interested and sent you a private message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
jtrippe77

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post
I'm interested and sent you a private message
The site won't let me reply to your PM (count too low) so send me your email for an invoice and let me know what shipping method to use. It will include tracking. What about insurance? Do you want me to include an HDMI cable?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #13
poppagene
User

Check your private messages for my contact info. I don't need an hdmi cable, but the remote would be nice and the original box is good for shipping.

Last edited by poppagene : 11-05-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
jtrippe77

Quote:
Check your private messages for my contact info. I don't need an hdmi cable, but the remote would be nice and the original box is good for shipping.
Bill sent. I'm shipping it Wed. In the box will be TIVO, power cable, instruction booklet, THX glasses and remote.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
poppagene
User

Received in good working condition. Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
jtrippe77

Quote:
Received in good working condition. Thanks
Great! I'm paid up through Nov. 25 but hopefully they won't stop you from activating it in your name before then.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #17
poppagene
User

Quote:
Great! I'm paid up through Nov. 25 but hopefully they won't stop you from activating it in your name before then.
Jason, I talked to TIVO customer service today and was told you would need to call them and approve the transfer of the box to my accoutn. They said for you to get a reference number to give me for when I activate the box on my account. You have my address and email from paypal and shipping. I'll email this information along with the phone number associated with my account in case you aren't checking this forum.