TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Rockjim

My computer missing from the Now Playing list

My TIVO HD successfully auto-transfers a program routinely to my computer. But I can't see or access my computer on the Now Playing list, usually found below the Deleted folder. Using TIVO Desktop I can access the DVR and see/transfer files from the DVR to my computer. Transferring files from my computer to the TiVo has worked flawlessly in the past, but in the past month it has been MIA.

I was successful in restoring the connection once when I rebooted the DVR and I could see my computer and access the programs that were in my TiVo programs folders. But that only lasted for about 2 days and have not been able to restore it since then with the same technique. I have rebooted the computer many times during this period and even powered down the modem and router without success. The program guide is being successfully updated and I can get to Netflix video downloads as well as YouTube videos.

Suggestions?
Rockjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
ggieseke

Cold boot your router and any other equipment like switches. Make sure that the router isn't blocking broadcast or multicast packets.

In Desktop, go to the TiVo Server Properties dialog. In the Configuration tab make sure it's using the right network adapter. You can also go to the Network tab and try switching the discovery protocol from Bonjour to TiVo Beacon.

Try disabling the firewall on your computer.

On the TiVo go to the bottom of Music, Photos & Showcases. Manually add the IP address of your PC.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
unitron

And give everything on your network that doesn't travel (including the TiVos) a fixed IP address outside of the router's DHCP address pool (which is probably bigger than necessary anyway).

Can't hurt, might help, eliminates one thing that could go wrong.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
castlemoyle

And also check that your computer is in the "mode" you were in when you installed the Tivo Desktop. I have to be logged in as Administrator on the computer not just as a "user" or the TIVO won't see the computer.
castlemoyle is offline   Reply With Quote