TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
johnnylundy99

TiVo Premiere XL Update Software today - horribly slow channel change

Changing channel with the remote "Channel" button is all of a sudden ridiculously slow since the update this morning.

TiVo Premiere XL.

I am referring to the actual changing of the channel NUMBER, say from 809 to 810, when pressing the "Channel Up" rocker button.

I of course restarted the TiVo but the issue is not resolved.

Has this been noticed by anyone else? I presume this is the update that everyone was referring to in the 11/28 beta thread?
johnnylundy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Snake Plissken

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylundy99 View Post
Changing channel with the remote "Channel" button is all of a sudden ridiculously slow since the update this morning.

TiVo Premiere XL.

I am referring to the actual changing of the channel NUMBER, say from 809 to 810, when pressing the "Channel Up" rocker button.

I of course restarted the TiVo but the issue is not resolved.

Has this been noticed by anyone else? I presume this is the update that everyone was referring to in the 11/28 beta thread?
I've noticed a lag when I go into my recorded shows. There's a 3-5 second delay before it moves next...
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
johnnylundy99

re: slow channel changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
I've noticed a lag when I go into my recorded shows. There's a 3-5 second delay before it moves next...
Yes, but you if you say, click the "channel up" 10 times rapidly on the TiVo remote, you don't have a lag between each number being displayed on the screen?

This is new with the latest update.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
chrispitude

YES - and it is horribly annoying! I was writing up my own thread when I found yours suggested as a possible duplicate.

TiVo, please fix this! With Netflix, YouTube, and now this, the user experience is steadily growing worse and worse.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
johnnylundy99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
YES - and it is horribly annoying! I was writing up my own thread when I found yours suggested as a possible duplicate.

TiVo, please fix this! With Netflix, YouTube, and now this, the user experience is steadily growing worse and worse.
Please file a support request at the TiVo Support page. Copy and paste into your browser

support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1279/kw/contact
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylundy99 View Post
Please file a support request at the TiVo Support page. Copy and paste into your browser

support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1279/kw/contact
Incident report filed.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
rmcoomes

Seeing exactly the same issue. I've also filed an incident report. There is a large list of complaints over on the Tivo forums. Tivo has responded with a couple of suggestions, but none of them seem to make any difference.
rmcoomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
chrispitude

Quote:
Due to the update, it may simply require a reboot from the TiVo. The first thing I would recommend is to disconnect the power from the TiVo for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect it. However, if the issue persists after that, I would suggest calling our Technical Support at 877-367-8486 between the hours of Monday - Friday, 7am - 7pm PST and Saturday - Sunday, 8am - 6pm PST.
As expected, a reboot does not change the new behavior. I will call in tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
As expected, a reboot does not change the new behavior. I will call in tomorrow.
I called the phone support line today and reported the problem. There is an internal list where they identify trends in reported problems from new releases, so I encourage others that have the problem to call in and report it. It might be a good idea to specifically mention that you are aware others are having the problem and you'd like to add your problem report to the list.