TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
GameGuru

The Tomorrow People 02/05/14 "Things Fall Apart"

First, why isn't anyone talking about this show? The only thread about it was for the pilot and it seemed like the majority liked it yet no discussion since.

Ok it was a great episode but I am confused slightly about ...

Spoiler:
Who stopped the camera from falling in the past episode "Sitting Ducks"? Was it his brother or what as the mom wasn't at the bridge with them right? So if both Stevens parents have powers then he is just like the founders daughter then.

I am enjoying the show, just surprised no one is talking about it here.
8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HD
Pioneer Blu-ray Burner BDR-209DBK
Windows 8.1 Pro
GameGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Shakhari

I thought it was cheesy at first, but it's since grown on me.
Shakhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I think it's fairly indicative of how bad a show it is. I stopped watching it after about three eps....it remained cheesy IMO and never improved.

I'm done thread-crapping so I'll leave now...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
First, why isn't anyone talking about this show? The only thread about it was for the pilot and it seemed like the majority liked it yet no discussion since.

Ok it was a great episode but I am confused slightly about ...

Spoiler:
Who stopped the camera from falling in the past episode "Sitting Ducks"? Was it his brother or what as the mom wasn't at the bridge with them right? So if both Stevens parents have powers then he is just like the founders daughter then.

I am enjoying the show, just surprised no one is talking about it here.
No reason to spoilerize what happened in a previous episode or any speculation about it or the most current episode.

They didn't explain the camera yet, so it could have been almost anyone that was on that trip, but I would guess it was the mother. I also now think that she was blocking Stephen from getting into Peter's mind.

Yes, Stephen is like the founders daughter in that they are both the offspring of two tomorrow people. They've already shown that abilities vary by person so Stephen can't necessarily do something just because she can or vice versa.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
vertigo235

This is actually one of my favorite shows now, sure it can be pretty cheesy, but I'm enjoying it.

I think it was the mom too, she is obviously very powerful to be able to stop all those bullets. We haven't seen anyone do that yet, let alone even one bullet.

Steven stopped time when he was being shot at, but that is different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

Stephen's mother did.
Right after the camera fall was stopped, she called to them from the end of the bridge.

So, she was there.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Stephen's mother did.
Right after the camera fall was stopped, she called to them from the end of the bridge.

So, she was there.
I was going to say this. They actually had a very brief shot of her at the bridge before the camera levitation incident, so yes, you are quite correct, she WAS there. They were attempting to hide it in a way, so the reveal would be a real shocker. That little bit of misdirection worked! Now we are left with another mystery. At the very beginning of the show, he was "breaking out" and his mom was giving him sedatives that weren't working. She SHOULD have known better. What was with the drugs?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote