TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
VegasVic
Craps Player

Sons of Anarchy - "Crucified" - OAD 11/13/12

"Sons live, Redwood bleeds". I love Otto. Otherwise kind of a bleh episode for me. I guess I expected more since it was an expanded episode. The whole "we have to find evidence against Clay" thing is being dragged out way too long. Isn't killing Piney enough to get a bullet to the head?

Oh and Maggie Siff is horrible.

3 left.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Poor Clay, one step away from figuring it all out.

But boy, that last step is a doozy!

The looks on the DEA guys' faces as that conversation progressed were priceless...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
"Sons live, Redwood bleeds". I love Otto. Otherwise kind of a bleh episode for me. I guess I expected more since it was an expanded episode. The whole "we have to find evidence against Clay" thing is being dragged out way too long. Isn't killing Piney enough to get a bullet to the head?

Oh and Maggie Siff is horrible.

3 left.
Hey...I love Maggie Siff!
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
goblue97
Hoke-amania

This show is becoming too complicated for me. The CIA/Cartel/DEA guys are the primary problem. Are they double agents? I just can't seem to keep all the separate storylines straight any longer.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
cheesesteak
Meh.

Tara Knowles. The dumbest woman on tv.

I like Maggie Siff. Tara's a hypocritical moron though.

Juice should change his name to Weepy. And he should get the hell out of town.

Quite frankly, I can't see any advantage to being in SAMCRO for anybody.

I too am confused by the CIA/Cartel/DEA subplot. Are they good guys or bad guys or what?

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I too am confused by the CIA/Cartel/DEA subplot. Are they good guys or bad guys or what?
They're good guys (DEA agents) pretending to be bad guys (Mexican cartel guys), using SAMCRO to get intel on the IRA.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
They're good guys (DEA agents) pretending to be bad guys (Mexican cartel guys), using SAMCRO to get intel on the IRA.
I thought the additional benefit was that the CIA was supporting one cartel over another to have some sort of influence in Mexico. So they wanted to both take down the IRA guys and support the Cartel.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

When they first showed the crucifix, I thought "Ooh, that'd make a nice weapon." I'll admit that I had the dumb notion that Otto was going to kill himself (and hopefully Tara) with it but I knew it was a weapon from the get-go. How Tara couldn't have known that is beyond me.

Otto's choice of works about Luanne's job description made me chuckle.

I actually liked Clay more than Jax in this episode.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
hummingbird_206

Quote:
When they first showed the crucifix, I thought "Ooh, that'd make a nice weapon." I'll admit that I had the dumb notion that Otto was going to kill himself (and hopefully Tara) with it but I knew it was a weapon from the get-go. How Tara couldn't have known that is beyond me.

Otto's choice of works about Luanne's job description made me chuckle.

+1 to all of this.

Jax is really losing my sympathy. In some ways he is becoming worse than Clay.

I did like that when they were discussing Juice and his black father that Jax and Bobby mentioned that the club charter needed revising.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I believe the words used were "We have to change some bylaws".

There's no indication as to whether the 'hold' on Juice would actually have been as bad as he thinks, but I suspect it wouldn't.

I'm still not liking the appearance that Clay could somehow escape his fate. Time (and the next three episodes) will tell.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Yes. They will kill pretty much anyone regardless of Bobby's opinion against it but they need to bring the CLAY thing to the table with evidence with Bobby the only one pushing for it. WTF!

The biggest story line is pretty thin and stupid.
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
toddvj

Yeah, I'm not really seeing the benefit to being in SAMCRO either. They are supposed to be "brothers," but it doesn't seem like any of them really like each other.

Also, I thought when Jax got Tig out of jail, he was playing Pope, but seeing as Pope is untouchable and the fact that Jax really seems to want to work with him, I'm thinking he really is going to give Tig up to Pope. Or does he still have something up his sleeve?
toddvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
heberman

Now that I think about it, Jax would never betray Tig or any other SAMCRO member. Ever. My prediction: He will find a way to kill Pope and come out on top. Remember it was Pope that ordered the killing of a sAMCRO member.
heberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Yeah, the key will be getting somebody else to do the job, or at least take the blame.

Which is why I'm amused at so many people wanting to kill so many other people. I don't think the writers will have much difficulty getting Jax to orchestrate the season-ending bloodbath so that Pope gets killed in a way that doesn't blow back on SAMCRO.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
Ment

Quote:
Yeah, the key will be getting somebody else to do the job, or at least take the blame.

Which is why I'm amused at so many people wanting to kill so many other people. I don't think the writers will have much difficulty getting Jax to orchestrate the season-ending bloodbath so that Pope gets killed in a way that doesn't blow back on SAMCRO.
Its got to be thru the Cartel. Samcro can't afford the blowback. Not sure how Jax will avoid having to give up Tig. He's got to have leverage against Pope somehow. If Tig wasn't part of this he'd want to work with Pope otherwise why bring him in as a backer in the Charming development.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Timbeau

Quote:

I'm thinking that by the end of the season, Jax will have turned into just another Clay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Timbeau

Quote:

Perhaps it will look like Clay killed Pope and then Jax gives up Clay to Pope's people keeping the peace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Quite frankly, I can't see any advantage to being in SAMCRO for anybody.

?
jobs are hard to come by and they have nowhere else to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddvj View Post

Also, I thought when Jax got Tig out of jail, he was playing Pope, but seeing as Pope is untouchable ?
if pope doesnt die in the last ep ill be very disappointed

this week was too whiny..there was more love and hugs than on the view...i was waiting for oprah or DR phil to make an appearance any minute

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #19
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeau View Post
I'm thinking that by the end of the season, Jax will have turned into just another Clay.
And he'll blame "black" for everything too.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
if pope doesnt die in the last ep ill be very disappointed
Same here, although it would not be out-of-character for this show to let him survive, and even thrive...all that really matters is that SAMCRO gets out from under him.

Hopefully through his untimely demise, though!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #21
fmowry

Quote:
And he'll blame "black" for everything too.
Speaking to that. There was much to be made about Juice being half black but I swear I saw an "extra" Son who looked either Hispanic or Asian (maybe southeast Asian) this episode. I think it was when they were chasing the big black guy who killed Opie.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #22
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Something I haven't understood since the Juice's father story was introduced: Is SAMCRO racist?

I mean, why is that by law on the books?

Do clubs in real life have similar by laws?

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Same here, although it would not be out-of-character for this show to let him survive, and even thrive...all that really matters is that SAMCRO gets out from under him.

though didnt let the that old white guy with the cigar shop (i think) just leave town? i cant remember

shooting someone is one thing but burning is an entirely unforgivable level of mean

!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Speaking to that. There was much to be made about Juice being half black but I swear I saw an "extra" Son who looked either Hispanic or Asian (maybe southeast Asian) this episode. I think it was when they were chasing the big black guy who killed Opie.
I saw him too and was waiting to see him turn around so I could see his patch. I didn't know if I'd see "Prospect" or some other SAMCRO affiliated patch from Oakland but the dude looked Asian to me.

I think Tig will be the one to kill Pope although it's kinda unrealistic to think that a bunch of nitwit motorcycle gang members could engineer the death of an untouchable crime kingpin like Pope and come out (relatively) clean. But this is tv and I kinda like Pope.

Last edited by cheesesteak : 11-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
I saw him too and was waiting to see him turn around so I could see his patch. I didn't know if I'd see "Prospect" or some other SAMCRO affiliated patch from Oakland but the dude looked Asian to me.

I think Tig will be the one to kill Pope although it's kinda unrealistic to think that a bunch of nitwit motorcycle gang members could engineer the death of an untouchable crime kingpin like Pope and come out (relatively) clean. But this is tv and I kinda like Pope.
Maybe Tig will take out Pope during a meeting and then get killed himself too.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Jax must be conflicted about Tig. Tig is a loose cannon who causes the club a lot of (inadvertent) damage, but he has also always been fiercely loyal to Jax, much more than anybody else. Tig's gratitude when Jax got him out of prison alive was almost pathetic to watch.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
Casual

yes, most 1% Outlaw MC's have a no blacks rule. Mexicans are fine. When Sutter first created the show he had black SAMCRO Members until he was told by real Bikers that was a big no no.

This show, like the Sopranos, is making sure to point out that criminals aren't nice people.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #28
Ment

Quote:

I think he will survive and the cartel connection falls thru. Now that Otto 'saved' the club from RICO, the cartel may see fit to get rid of Jax and his allies outside the club to bind SAMCRO to the cartel. Going after Pope which is Jax' plan for the club to be legit could be one avenue. Jax saves Pope; Pope saves Tig.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
yes, most 1% Outlaw MC's have a no blacks rule. Mexicans are fine. When Sutter first created the show he had black SAMCRO Members until he was told by real Bikers that was a big no no.

This show, like the Sopranos, is making sure to point out that criminals aren't nice people.
so isnt it a tad ironic that jax went to talk to the other friendly gang and it was mostly/all black?

and those bright orange bikes..what was the point of that.

!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
so isnt it a tad ironic that jax went to talk to the other friendly gang and it was mostly/all black?
Well, no..they're not SAMCRO; they're an entirely different club, with whom SAMCRO has an alliance.

SAMCRO's all white; Grim Bastards are all black. Racial segregation, just as God and the Club by-laws intended. Doesn't mean they can't have common interests and work together.
Quote:
and those bright orange bikes..what was the point of that.
So they would be instantly recognizable, thus furthering the plot without needing additional exposition.