TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
tbearski

Tivo Desktop Plus not finding DVR...easy fix!

After giving up on Tivo Desktop Plus and seeing a new version, I thought I would give it a try.....Still not working! So I uninstalled, ran the Tivo cleaner, cleared the cache, re-installed newest version.....Nothing, Same message(No DVR's on the network). Since I didn't want to spend all day looking through the registry deleting old files(AGAIN)...I ran CCleaner (Free version), did the cleaner and then ran the registry cleaner! It found 27 corrupted Tivo files and problems and 4 other PC problems. I deleted all of the Tivo files, ran the cleaner again, ran the reg cleaner again(no problems found) ...restarted the Windows 7 computer, started Tivo and it started in 38 seconds and found my Tivo's and actually started to auto transfer some shows from 5 months ago! It worked for me so hopefully this will work for some of you! Give it a try and good luck!
tbearski is offline   Reply With Quote