TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
beartrash

Changes to Multi Room Service Discount in March?

As recently as last month (Feburary 2012), one of the upgrade offers on the My Tivo web page was to get $100 off a second lifetime subscription for a new Tivo.

When I checked today, that offer was gone. In it's place was an offer to buy a new Tivo Premiere and add a $100 discounted lifetime subscription to that Tivo.

When I called tech support they said the multi-room discount on the lifetime service was only applicable to one Tivo. I checked the website again and the new Multi Room Discount agreement was updated in March.

Does anyone recall the previous offer? I wish I'd acted upon it, I should have realized it would expire.
beartrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Lifetime MSD policy has not changed, you can add up to 5 extra Tivos with it.

See here.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
beartrash

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was told the stipulation for a $399 discounted price for a second lifetime service required the other Lifetime subscriptions to be full price, not a discounted lifetime subscription.

My first lifetime subscription was $99 for an older Tivo HD.

It makes sense that I wouldn't be eligible for two discounted lifetime subscriptions though, but the Tivo website used to offer me a second discounted subscription in the "Upgrade Offers" section.

Oh well, it was a little too good to be true
beartrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
innocentfreak

Unless I am reading your post wrong, it still sounds like you are eligible for the MSD rate since you mention $100 off.

Quote:
When I checked today, that offer was gone. In it's place was an offer to buy a new Tivo Premiere and add a $100 discounted lifetime subscription to that Tivo.
MSD lifetime is $399 or $100 off the $499 price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
modnar

I'm disappointed and a bit frustrated that TiVo says I don't qualify for the MSD since I received the discount ($100 off) for the Product Lifetime Service I have on my existing TiVo. The written policy doesn't even state that. It says the PLS must be "fully paid" but says nothing about "full priced."

I've chatted with their support about this and have had no luck, even though I'm a 12 year TiVo customer with multiple TiVos and numerous referrals of new customers.
modnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by modnar View Post
I'm disappointed and a bit frustrated that TiVo says I don't qualify for the MSD since I received the discount ($100 off) for the Product Lifetime Service I have on my existing TiVo. The written policy doesn't even state that. It says the PLS must be "fully paid" but says nothing about "full priced."

I've chatted with their support about this and have had no luck, even though I'm a 12 year TiVo customer with multiple TiVos and numerous referrals of new customers.
Ya TiVo gets to decide what "fully paid" means but most of us around here have assumed it means you paid full price for lifetime when you bought it. There are more than a few of us keeping old Series 2 TiVos going because they are our qualifying subscription for MSD.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
modnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Ya TiVo gets to decide what "fully paid" means but most of us around here have assumed it means you paid full price for lifetime when you bought it. There are more than a few of us keeping old Series 2 TiVos going because they are our qualifying subscription for MSD.
I guess I can just activate a Series 2 I have lying around for a month or so in order to qualify.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

And I was told that all my TiVos on my account(except for the monthly one) are a qualifier for MSD even though each one had MSD pricing or less for their lifetime service.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
modnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
And I was told that all my TiVos on my account(except for the monthly one) are a qualifier for MSD even though each one had MSD pricing or less for their lifetime service.
Interesting.

You'd think that when someone asks about this and has a MSD priced Lifetime box, they might look at account history and budge. I'm just disappointed in their service I guess.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
rlcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by modnar View Post
I guess I can just activate a Series 2 I have lying around for a month or so in order to qualify.
This is exactly why I keep my lifetimed Series 2 (which is otherwise useless) around. Every 5 or 6 months I power it up and make a service connection, and then unplug it. When that's done, I'm marked in TiVo's database as MSD-eligible for another 6 months.
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote