TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Amnesia
The Question

The Amazing Race S21E10 "Not a Well-Rounded Athlete" 2 Dec 2012

I had hoped that we had finally seen the last of those annoying twins.

Though I've never been a fan of the farmer boys (due to their negative woe-is-me attitude the entire race), it's interesting that they've made it this far. I wonder how the other teams will react if they end up winning...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
I had hoped that we had finally seen the last of those annoying twins.

Though I've never been a fan of the farmer boys (due to their negative woe-is-me attitude the entire race), it's interesting that they've made it this far. I wonder how the other teams will react if they end up winning...
Has there ever been three non elimination legs?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

If we hadn't yet seen the twinnies' true colors, we definitely saw them as they were bashing the farmers during the windmill challenge. Disgraceful.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
laria
Librocubicularist

I didn't really think they were bashing them. The goat farmers HAVE been pretty pathetic in a lot of the challenges. I am sure anyone would have expected to beat them.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
If we hadn't yet seen the twinnies' true colors, we definitely saw them as they were bashing the farmers during the windmill challenge. Disgraceful.
On the contrary - I have not been a fan of the twins at all, but I thought they handled their likely elimination with a lot of class, acknowledging it was nobody's fault but their own they were in last place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I'm really happy the twins survived this leg, still rooting for them to win in the end!

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
eddyj

I can't believe anyone still goes into the race without being "fluent" in driving a stick.

Oh, I tried it once and it seemed easy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
How did they bash them?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I'm really happy the twins survived this leg, still rooting for them to win in the end!
Really? I don't see how you can root for them over, say, the Chippendales. The Chips are always positive to others, had a moral dilemma over using a U-Turn, they're trying to help their families, etc.

Compare that to the twins who stole from the rockers (or at the very least, took the money and didn't tell the rockers that they did), they wanted that team U-Turned because they were playing for $2M instead of $1M like the other teams, they're generally negative and dismissive of others...how can you root for them?

Last edited by Amnesia : 12-03-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
Bob Coxner

The Twins are like the sound of fingernails on blackboard to me. They've already had two fast forwards. Having this be a non-elim when they finished last made me ill.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
Geez....seems like there's been six in this race...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
The Twins are like the sound of fingernails on blackboard to me. They've already had two fast forwards. Having this be a non-elim when they finished last made me ill.
This.

And for those who claim they didn't bash the goat farmers, watch (and LISTEN) again, closely. There was definitely some bashing going on. Plus their potty mouths have gotten really old during this race...
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
This.

And for those who claim they didn't bash the goat farmers, watch (and LISTEN) again, closely. There was definitely some bashing going on. Plus their potty mouths have gotten really old during this race...
I've already deleted it so I can't go back and re-listen. The word "bashing" is rarely used without referring to gays. ("Gay bashing") So by saying they were bashing them, you make it sound like a hate crime. Acrimony and antagonism are expected in a competition.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
verdugan

The twins did make a comment at the end that made my wife and I go "huh? Did they really say that?" I don't remember exactly what it was.

However, their comment about how the farmers had a map was hilarious. "They're super prepared. They're gay."

I also share everybody's (well, most everybody's) ambivalence about the twins winning because of the money incident. But let's not forget that the Texas couple was as complicit (to not use guilty) of it. I hope they don't win.

It was pretty lame of the producers how they managed to get everybody to bunch up while pretending to add drama. They could've all flown directly from Amsterdam to Mallorca. Or even if they had to fly to Barcelona first, there are TONS of flights between Barcelona and Mallorca.

At this point I'm rooting for Jaymes and James. Their comments about utility belts and hammers were really funny.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
laria
Librocubicularist

Yes, I got a kick out of their comments about the construction gear.

Have that many people really never heard of Mallorca? "Mal-orca", "Mal-o-cora"... at least the twins knew they were probably not pronouncing it correctly. Maybe their next stop will be "La Jol-a".
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Really? I don't see how you can root for them over, say, the Chippendales. The Chips are always positive to others, had a moral dilemma over using a U-Turn, they're trying to help their families, etc.

Compare that to the twins who stole from the rockers (or at the very least, took the money and didn't tell the rockers that they did), they wanted that team U-Turned because they were playing for $2M instead of $1M like the other teams, they're generally negative and dismissive of others...how can you root for them?
I like the twins because of their spirit, focus, and teamwork. I don't care much, if at all, about the back story of any of the racers or what they're going to do with their winnings.

As for the money thing, my attitude is if it's not against the rules of the race then I'm okay with it. Personally, I wouldn't have done that and I was disappointed they did, but I still think they're a great team that deserves to win.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Oh, I tried it once and it seemed easy!
She said she took a lesson, but only one.

I still like them in spite of the money incident. As I said before, I might have been more upset if that had made any difference in the outcome of that leg but it did not.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Rooting for Jaymes and James.

Oh, wouldn't it have been sweet to have the twinnies eliminated on this leg because of a situation that they engineered? But nooooooooo.

I didn't see the clue -- did the farmers have a choice about which one did the tennis task, or were they just dividing up the challenges because they knew the race would make them even it out if they didn't? If so, isn't it colossally short-sighted to send the team member with the bum ankle out onto a tennis court? "He said it was feeling better when we were in the car." Oh, please.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
laria
Librocubicularist

I really like the twins' attitude about things. They get annoyed at each other and rag on each other, like about the car thing, at the start the one in the back was giving the one driving crap... but by the end of the leg they were able to laugh and joke about it. And they knew they had no one to blame if they got eliminated but their poor performance in several areas of the legs. They have an ability to just let stuff go after a while that I think helps them... all the time we see people who bicker and fight about everything the entire race.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Rooting for Jaymes and James.

Oh, wouldn't it have been sweet to have the twinnies eliminated on this leg because of a situation that they engineered? But nooooooooo.

I didn't see the clue -- did the farmers have a choice about which one did the tennis task, or were they just dividing up the challenges because they knew the race would make them even it out if they didn't? If so, isn't it colossally short-sighted to send the team member with the bum ankle out onto a tennis court? "He said it was feeling better when we were in the car." Oh, please.
Depends. If the other one has never swung a racquet, then the gimpy ankle may still be preferable.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
Yes. And there is usually one the week before they go into the "two hour finale", so that there is one more elimination in the first hour, and then the final 3 teams race it out for end.

For the record, the two non-elims saved the Goat Farmers/Beekman Boys (I caught part of an episode of their reality show. That was all I could stand), and the Rockers in that fiasco in Moscow.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I've already deleted it so I can't go back and re-listen. The word "bashing" is rarely used without referring to gays. ("Gay bashing") So by saying they were bashing them, you make it sound like a hate crime. Acrimony and antagonism are expected in a competition.
This has been over the top...even for TAR....and certainly qualifies as bashing....
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
verdugan

Quote:
Depends. If the other one has never swung a racquet, then the gimpy ankle may still be preferable.
IIRC, they said both of them were at the same level.

It was stupid to send the guy with the bad ankle.

Oh, and how about the Texas dude ramming his g/f into the target? I know she got hurt, but it was still pretty funny.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #24
swizzlest
Furry Cat Feet!

Ugh.

The twinnies can end it. I'm rooting for the Chippendales, who I've ended up liking a lot more than I thought I would.

It does indeed seem like there have been 18,000 non-elim legs in this season. Ick.

-DaveBogart

- IndyJones1023
te amo, xbox. Gamertag = swizzlest
swizzlest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Have that many people really never heard of Mallorca? "Mal-orca", "Mal-o-cora"... at least the twins knew they were probably not pronouncing it correctly. Maybe their next stop will be "La Jol-a".
I noticed that too. I speak Spanish and have been to Mallorca, so I knew how to pronouce it. But I think most people have heard of Ibiza rather than Mallorca.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
I get what you are saying, eddy, but if you have a fresh ankle injury, I don't care how good it may feel while you are going about your everyday activities. If you start trying to play tennis on it, it is going to hurt again.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #27
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzlest View Post
... I'm rooting for the Chippendales, who I've ended up liking a lot more than I thought I would....
That's where we are, too. Of course, that may be due to the attrition of the teams we liked....
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
It was stupid to send the guy with the bad ankle.
I thought that too, but the other Beakman has already done Roadblock's he's allowed to do (Six max). Tallly of Road Blocks.
I take that back. I got the names confused. Josh (bad ankle guy) just completed his sixth roadblock. The other guy still has 1. They're stupid for having him do that.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #29
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
I get what you are saying, eddy, but if you have a fresh ankle injury, I don't care how good it may feel while you are going about your everyday activities. If you start trying to play tennis on it, it is going to hurt again.
Well, sure. And if the other guy could swing a racquet, then it was moronic. But I can see where the gimpy ankle would still be the better choice.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #30
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
This has been over the top...even for TAR....and certainly qualifies as bashing....
Like what? What did they say that qualifies as bashing?