TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
waynomo
My One Time

Dexter S07E10 "The Dark… Whatever" 12/02/12

I was thinking in terms of how the show is going to conclude with season 8. But I was thinking that either Dexter of Debra would have to die. They both can't coexist in the universe of Dexter. Either that and one would have to make a significant change while possible seems unlikely.

Spoiler:
Now Debra was in a serious accident, but it is too early for her to die, right?

So Dex killed Hannah's Dad on his boat. He won't be careless enough to leave blood on the boat right? So that eliminates them finding Isaak's blood on the boat.

So Dexter has found love again in Hannah. Will this love be taken away like his mother and Rita? (Because of the phone message.)

Of course this leaves him with the one person woman who has always been there for him; Debra.

Last edited by waynomo : 12-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Hank
AC•FTW

Spoiler:
Wait, Debra was in a serious accident? Did I miss something? Or is that a spoiler in next week's previews?

Or did you get that confused with the Homeland trailer?

Last edited by Hank : 12-03-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
GoHalos

Spoiler referencing the spoilers in the first two posts...
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Wait, Debra was in a serious accident? Did I miss something? Or is that a spoiler in next week's previews?
+1. I was just googling to see if I somehow missed something big.

Last edited by GoHalos : 12-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
brebeans

It was in the preview trailer to next week.
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
waynomo
My One Time

Spoiler:
Quote:

Or did you get that confused with the Homeland trailer?

Sorry. I guess I thought that was the end of the show. The very last thing. (It all melts together after a goodnight's sleep.)

I edited to put spoiler around it. I don't even watch the previews half the time. (Also don't even remember them the next week.)

I hope I didn't ruin the next episode for anyone.

Last edited by waynomo : 12-03-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: A few additional thoughts.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Hank
AC•FTW

Kinda too late for that. Not a big deal though, some people take it very (too) seriously.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Kinda too late for that. Not a big deal though, some people take it very (too) seriously.
Well, I don't think it ruined the show for anybody. And there are enough other plot lines to keep one interested.

Still, not good etiquette! Again sorry to all. I wish I could put the genie back in the bottle.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
GoHalos

Not a huge deal for me either, but I spoilerized my quote as well, as there's definitely a contingent on these boards that don't want to know about previews.

Last edited by GoHalos : 12-03-2012 at 04:01 PM.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

I am disappoint with this season.

I used to like how Dexter would thoroughly research a victim, plan the time and place, setup a special scene to remind the victim what they did, make his kill, take the boat out, and drop off some garbage bags before returning home with his blood slide.

Now he is killing people more for sport and personal reasons than anything else. OK, Hanna's father is a jackass/deadbeat/child abuser, but how does he fit into the code? A lot of the bodies this season barely fit the code, if at all.

On top of all that, this season has seen some potentially great nemeses, only to kill them off after an episode or three. I miss the Ice Truck Killer.

Hanna is an attractive and interesting character, but I think the show would be better if Dexter was hunting/researching her rather than dating her. As it is, I am actually hoping that Dexter gets caught to change things up.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Now he is killing people more for sport and personal reasons than anything else. OK, Hanna's father is a jackass/deadbeat/child abuser, but how does he fit into the code? A lot of the bodies this season barely fit the code, if at all.
He does not fit the code. The show even had Dexter tell us that.

The point is that Dexter is realizing that the code and his "dark passenger" are really screwed up concepts, and that he just kills because he has a feeling that he wants to kill.

Perhaps Dexter will soon realize that killing because of a "feeling" is also screwed up, and that he has the ability to make a conscious choice NOT to kill.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
I am disappoint with this season.
This season definitely has been up and down. This last one was not a good episode.

I am not even sure where this season is going. Usually, there has been one main villain. This one has been all over the place.

Noting that when Dexter has hesitated in killing someone, it has never worked out well. (Trinity, and couple of others I think.) So where does that leave us with Hannah? Will that turn out to be a big mistake?

Also, he didn't kill Joseph Jensen, the Phantom Arsonist? He could describe Dexter I would think. So that also leaves Dexter open.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
sharkster

I say Deb gets it. Laguerta needs to get it too and, while we're at it, I imagine Hannah meets her demise as well. Cannot imagine her living beyond this season. They all die. bwahahahahaha Poor Dex, can't have a love thing. Maybe this time he'll get to keep her and they will both ride off into the sunset (with the kid, of course) at the end of next season.

Interesting, Dexter's revelation about his relationship to the code and to himself. I hope they're not trying to turn him into a bad guy so that it will make sense to kill him off next season, or end up in jail. I would not approve that script.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Also, he didn't kill Joseph Jensen, the Phantom Arsonist? He could describe Dexter I would think. So that also leaves Dexter open.
I don't think Jensen got a good look at Dexter. First Dexter was wearing the suit, and although his head got exposed in the struggle it looked like Jensen was already out.

And on the table, there was the smoke. Jensen even said, "Who are you? I can't see you." I think you have to assume that the smoke was actually thicker than was portrayed (since thick smoke does not make for a good visual for the viewer).
Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
tiams

So Deb got the tip about Hannah from the father. But there is no way Deb can ever arrest her because Hannah has the trump card- she can threaten to expose Dexter if Deb doesn't back off.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
So Deb got the tip about Hannah from the father.
Right, and that does not make any sense. Why would the father implicate Hannah just before he thought he was going to be paid off? What if there was a delay getting the money, then Hannah would not pay once she found out that Deb had already gotten tipped off.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
So Dex killed Hannah's Dad on his boat. He won't be careless enough to leave blood on the boat right? So that eliminates them finding Isaak's blood on the boat.
There was plastic all along the boat, under Hannah's father as well. The weird thing is when Dex dumped him there didn't seem to be that much more plastic. Dex knows how to clean up; finding Isaak's blood was never going to be a plot point (IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I don't think Jensen got a good look at Dexter. First Dexter was wearing the suit, and although his head got exposed in the struggle it looked like Jensen was already out.

And on the table, there was the smoke. Jensen even said, "Who are you? I can't see you." I think you have to assume that the smoke was actually thicker than was portrayed (since thick smoke does not make for a good visual for the viewer).
Not only that but Dex always has a very bright light shining directly into the killer's face. It's almost impossible to see into a dim room when you have a light shining directly in your eyes. I do wonder if he'd recognize the voice though.

I also couldn't understand how Deb got that tip. In what universe would a savvy hustler like that make that call before getting paid? Heck even afterwards he wouldn't do it, so he could get paid again in the future. I hope they address this with something plausible because the best I can come up with is that he was so pissed at Dexter he decided to tell anyway, that's pretty weak.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I also couldn't understand how Deb got that tip. In what universe would a savvy hustler like that make that call before getting paid? Heck even afterwards he wouldn't do it, so he could get paid again in the future. I hope they address this with something plausible because the best I can come up with is that he was so pissed at Dexter he decided to tell anyway, that's pretty weak.
Perhaps he was just so pissed off at Hannah, he decided to put her away out of spite...with one last payoff from Dexter before anybody knew he had done it.

Remember at the end he was on his way to "supposedly" pick up the money from Dexter. And of course he had no way to know how that was going to turn out! So it's not entirely illogical for him to make the call, pick up the money, and blow town. And the plot required it; now Hannah is in danger and La Guerta has one more mysterious disappearance of somebody who has attacked Dexter's loved ones to add to her catalog.

So a bit of a lazy plot development, but not a completely insane one.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #18
brebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Perhaps he was just so pissed off at Hannah, he decided to put her away out of spite...with one last payoff from Dexter before anybody knew he had done it.

Remember at the end he was on his way to "supposedly" pick up the money from Dexter. And of course he had no way to know how that was going to turn out! So it's not entirely illogical for him to make the call, pick up the money, and blow town. And the plot required it; now Hannah is in danger and La Guerta has one more mysterious disappearance of somebody who has attacked Dexter's loved ones to add to her catalog.

So a bit of a lazy plot development, but not a completely insane one.
I agree. He was just being the jerk that he was......thinking he'd "have his cake and eat it, too!" i.e. getting Hannah and his money. Get it, blow town and leave Hannah behind, caught.
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Remember at the end he was on his way to "supposedly" pick up the money from Dexter. And of course he had no way to know how that was going to turn out! So it's not entirely illogical for him to make the call, pick up the money, and blow town.
He was going to get paid twice; remember Hannah said that her dad was going to pick up the money from her as well.

Still.

Quote:
And the plot required it
That is unquestionably true!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #20
john4200

Quote:
So it's not entirely illogical for him to make the call, pick up the money, and blow town.
I think it is entirely illogical to do it in that order. Why not pick up the money, blow town, and then make the call? Or pick up the money, make the call, and then blow town?

Any sequence that begins with "make the call" is entirely illogical.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #21
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
But there is no way Deb can ever arrest her because Hannah has the trump card- she can threaten to expose Dexter if Deb doesn't back off.
Interesting. This would increase the divide between Dexter and Debra. This divide has fluctuated this whole season. She seemed to see things Dex's way for an episode or two.

I don't see anyway for Hannah to make it to season 8 unless season 8 is really just a continuation of this season. Most seasons have a climax. I don't see where this one is heading.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
or end up in jail. I would not approve that script.
Agreed. That would be the lamest ending ever.

I think Dexter would find a way to kill himself first before that would happen. That is a possibility for a conclusion. I just don't see him sitting in a coffee shop eating a meal with his family ala Tony Soprano.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #23
tiams

Quote:
Interesting. This would increase the divide between Dexter and Debra. This divide has fluctuated this whole season. She seemed to see things Dex's way for an episode or two.

I don't see anyway for Hannah to make it to season 8 unless season 8 is really just a continuation of this season. Most seasons have a climax. I don't see where this one is heading.
I don't see her making it to the next season either. Either Deb or Dexter will have to kill her. Deb will probably kill her out of jealousy and rage and once she has murdered someone she can't feel very much superior to Dex.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
I don't see her making it to the next season either. Either Deb or Dexter will have to kill her. Deb will probably kill her out of jealousy and rage and once she has murdered someone she can't feel very much superior to Dex.
Or at some point she'll have an easy shot on Hannah she can take, but really shouldn't, but does, and she can still justify it somehow.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
... And the plot required it; now Hannah is in danger and La Guerta has one more mysterious disappearance of somebody who has attacked Dexter's loved ones to add to her catalog.
How would La Guerta know that anyone disappeared if they were never reported as missing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #26
GDG76
Noogler

My dream Dexter ending has him showing up in Russia or some other far flung location where can start all over... probably won't happen with Harrison around.

This season started out so good and has taken a turn into the crapper. They should have done a slow build-up to Isaak as the main bad guy, had him kill Hannah and go after Deb/Harrison. They could have even had him flirt with Dexter or make a pass at him

As it is, the rest of the season is blah after they killed Isaak. I sure hope there isn't a shock ending like Dexter ending up arrested as the cliffhanger (which is where I think they are going).
GDG76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #27
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDG76 View Post
My dream Dexter ending has him ... <snip>
Uhh ... don't quit your day job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #28
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
How would La Guerta know that anyone disappeared if they were never reported as missing?
When they try to follow up with him about the tip he left they will not be able to find him. They know Dexter is dating his daughter and the babysitter saw him with Dexter.
But, with the way the writing on this show is, I bet his disappearance is never noticed. Kinda like the lab guy who nobody has missed.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #29
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Lots of ways for that to happen if they want it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDG76 View Post
My dream Dexter ending has him showing up in Russia or some other far flung location where can start all over... probably won't happen with Harrison around.
I like this! To bad they can't have move in next door to anyone watching. (Oh sh**. Am I next? [Not that I have done anything to qualify me for Dexter's code.])

Quote:
But, with the way the writing on this show is, I bet his disappearance is never noticed. Kinda like the lab guy who nobody has missed.
I have been wondering about this also. Seems like to big of a loose end to just ignore. I wonder if this will come back and haunt Dexter. i.e. another disappearance that he is linked to that isn't his fault.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
VegasVic
Craps Player

The season started out great, I had thought they would prolong the whole "Deb trying to figure out Dex" thing but they did that quickly. But the past few have been not good at all. But if La Guerta gets it in the next 2 weeks I'll be happy. Don't like the character or the actress.