TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Survivor: Philippines - 11/14/12

Good for Skupin. I'm really tired of Abi and hope they can pull Lisa in next week and split the vote 3-3 for Abi and Pete to flush out her idol. If Lisa really can't break from her original tribe that has treated her like crap then it makes sense to vote her out next but i hope it doesn't come to that.
Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
bryhamm
randomize

Yeah, I don't get Lisa STILL voting for Penner after all that. At least Skupin saw the light.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am loving Penner! I hope he stays in it longer than abi, pete, carter or skupin.

And kudos to Artis for a great exit speech. That is the most I have liked him since the game started, but it was done well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
getreal
postcrastinator

Lisa surprised/disappointed me today in voting against Penner. I would like to see Lisa, Penner & Skupin in the final three.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
bleen
Protein from the Sea

But it was great how Abi glared at Lisa and Lisa just looked back at her like she was the one that flipped o_O
bleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #6
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Lisa really is a pansy, and you can't fault the Machiavellian Abi (not too much, anyway, even though I can't stand her) for taking full advantage. Those claws appear to be in deep.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #7
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Lisa really is a pansy, and you can't fault the Machiavellian Abi (not too much, anyway, even though I can't stand her) for taking full advantage. Those claws appear to be in deep.
Calling Abi Machiavellian is way overestimating her. Machiavellians are cool, logical and detached. She is anything but. She is paranoid, over reacts emotionally and discloses strategic information even when she does not need to (admitting she had a HII).
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
She [Abi] is paranoid, over reacts emotionally and discloses strategic information even when she does not need to (admitting she had a HII).
Or like telling Lisa at TC that she's not trusted (i.e. will be voted out as soon as necessary).

I'm guessing that Lisa is trying to play to the jury... so she can later say "I never voted against my alliance". She knew that there were numbers to get rid of Artis so she throw away her vote on Penner in order to appear to be loyal to her alliance.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I liked how Penner set Abi straight, "No, I voted for you". Abi just can't keep her mouth shut. That's her most annoying trait. Even when Lisa said "Can I talk now?" Abi still won't shut up.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
Family

I think it's a play between Lisa & Mike to make it appear Lisa stayed with the alliance. This way have Abi look like the total moron she is which justifies her or Pete going next.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
LifeIsABeach

Why Artis first? He is not a threat and not annoying. They should have blindsided Abi and gotten rid of the idol at the same time. If they were afraid of the idol they should have gone for Pete. No way Abi was giving him the idol.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

There's zero reason for them to vote Abi out at this point. She's not a physical threat and she won't have many friends on the jury. She'd be perfect to take to the end.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #13
newsposter
Poster of News

abi seems so 'off' like she was raised in a bubble then let out for the show...certain 'get it' moments she just doesnt get

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
A pansy? I've never heard that term used other than to call a guy gay or effeminate. Do you mean a patsy?

And I agre that Abi isn't really Machiavellian, just mean and an idiot. She's obviously not a fan of the show and probably didn't go back and watch that much of previous seasons. It's obvious that for some of the contestants, producers go out and "find" them, instead of having them apply. Abi is a great villan and entertaining. You love to hate her.

I think that the other contestants know what a horrible person she is, and are keeping her along because she's not dangerous, and could be good to have to go against at the end. No one picked her to be on their team for the competition. That's both because she sucks, and they don't like her.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
SeanC
ECT

Pansy meaning weak? I've heard it used that way.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

The people at Ponderosa must be really boring... Jeff only got 2 videos and Artis only got 1!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post

Or like telling Lisa at TC that she's not trusted (i.e. will be voted out as soon as necessary).
That was hilarious when she said that and all the people in her alliance cringed, all the other people smiled, and the jury practically cheered. Everyone hates her, and everyone knows how emotional she is which leads to her saying stupid stuff when her buttons are pushed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
Why Artis first? He is not a threat and not annoying. They should have blindsided Abi and gotten rid of the idol at the same time. If they were afraid of the idol they should have gone for Pete. No way Abi was giving him the idol.
They talked about it in the episode. They were afraid that Abi would either use the idol for herself or might possibly give it to Pete. They were certain that she wouldn't give it to Artis. So they did the safest thing and voted for the person that they knew they could get.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
They talked about it in the episode. They were afraid that Abi would either use the idol for herself or might possibly give it to Pete. They were certain that she wouldn't give it to Artis. So they did the safest thing and voted for the person that they knew they could get.
Also, they didn't explicitly talk about this, but they didn't have the numbers to try and split the vote between Abi and Pete, especially when it didn't even look certain that Lisa and/or Skupin would flip.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
pmyers

The idea that Abi would give anything to anybody, let alone an Idol is just silly.

I loved her comment to Lisa "I already understand everything you are ABOUT to say"...LOL

I hate Abi!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
The idea that Abi would give anything to anybody, let alone an Idol is just silly.

I loved her comment to Lisa "I already understand everything you are ABOUT to say"...LOL

I hate Abi!
That's why she's great TV. Jeff Probst and the producers even add to it by pointing out that she sits out challenges. Also in the past, if a person was sitting out because of uneven numbers, they let them go with the winning team. Here, they decided not to let her go. I suspect that if it was someone else sitting out, they would have let them go, but didn't with her because they don't like her either.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
That's why she's great TV. Jeff Probst and the producers even add to it by pointing out that she sits out challenges. Also in the past, if a person was sitting out because of uneven numbers, they let them go with the winning team. Here, they decided not to let her go. I suspect that if it was someone else sitting out, they would have let them go, but didn't with her because they don't like her either.
Agreed. I get the feeling Probst LOVES prodding her.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I think it's been a while since they let someone partake in a reward that wasn't part of the winning team. It's much more common for that person who sat out to not be part of the reward.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
stellie93

I was worried when Jeff read the vote with all the hearts--I knew that had to be Lisa, and I thought Penner was done. Lisa and Skupin did agree to stay together. I think her voting with "her alliance" when they are in the process of being wiped out is stupid. Vote with the winners!
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

The editing on this show is so predictable, right down to the order in which they read the votes. As soon as Jeff got to four votes for Penner with three votes still to read, I said to my wife, "Goodbye, Artis."
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
After seeing RC and Jeff on the jury, I had to go check and see if Jeff Kent is married (he is).
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I was worried when Jeff read the vote with all the hearts--I knew that had to be Lisa, and I thought Penner was done. Lisa and Skupin did agree to stay together. I think her voting with "her alliance" when they are in the process of being wiped out is stupid. Vote with the winners!
I think Skupin and Lisa had worked that out ahead of time to make Lisa look/feel better.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #27
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I think Skupin and Lisa had worked that out ahead of time to make Lisa look/feel better.
I think you're probably right, because even though Lisa didn't vote for Artis, she didn't seem at all surprised when he was voted out. Hopefully this now allows her to break her "loyalty" to Abi and Pete, since not only are they horrible people, but it's now no longer advantageous for her survival chances.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
WhiskeyTango

Abi reminds me of Natalie from Big Brother 11. A small loudmouth who acts like she is running things but does absolutely nothing game-wise.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #29
EscapeGoat
wPod

Quote:
After seeing RC and Jeff on the jury, I had to go check and see if Jeff Kent is married (he is).
Married doesn't count for away games.

I was hoping Jeff would show up at TC wearing a Giants hat.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
Married doesn't count for away games..
well played...