TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
pendragn

Homeland S2E9 "Two Hats" 11/25/12

I knew the bombing plot had something else to it, but I did not see Quinn taking out Brody if the CIA got Abu Nazir. There's 3 episodes left this season. I can't imagine what they're going to have happen.

tk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

It looks like Brody really gave up Nazzir, even though the way we saw it, Nazzir popped out of the car right up front. Maybe it was after he was shown the battery.

BTW, there is NO WAY that an aircraft can fly in the 30nm DC ADIZ without being ID'd and tracked, I don't care how low they fly. The AWACS planes overhead are looking DOWN from above.

So once again, Carrie just pops out of the van for anybody to see. Dumb.

So Estes and the VP et al think that Brody is much of an embarrassment to have to 'splain.

Weren't you waitng for Daan to pop in on Mom and Uncle Mike?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn
I knew the bombing plot had something else to it, but I did not see Quinn taking out Brody if the CIA got Abu Nazzir

tk
It's the other way around. He was going to kill Brody because they didn't have Nazzir (it was a trap/setup), but at the last second, they told Quinn to stand down.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
It's the other way around. He was going to kill Brody because they didn't have Nazzir (it was a trap/setup), but at the last second, they told Quinn to stand down.
I thought it was the opposite of that. They were only going to kill him if they had Nazzir and stopped because Nazzir wasn't caught.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Frash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
I thought it was the opposite of that. They were only going to kill him if they had Nazzir and stopped because Nazzir wasn't caught.
That's how I took it as well.

"Stand down, we still need him. I say again, stand down". - Estes at the end.

And earlier when Saul asks Estes what Quinn's orders are, Estes replies "he's here to kill terrorists, Saul".

His penalty for being an admitted terrorist is death.
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
His penalty for being an admitted terrorist is death.
I would not call it his "penalty". It seems like it would just be a precaution, from the point of view of the people running the black ops. They do not want to risk having a possible terrorist in a position of power (or even out of power but still living in the US), so they will kill Brody as soon as he is no longer useful.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #7
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertWheer View Post
Hi! I'm ABEL I am from Hobe Sound
members isupporttexasmusic com/valtrex] drug interactions soma relafen valtrex Laredo and where i can buy valtrex thewishconnection com/valtrex] valtrex dose Hatboro DoobbyAlato: The efficacy of treatment with VALTREX when initiated more than 24 hours after the onset of signs and symptoms has not been established Another facts: buy valtrex in online drugstore Las Vegas andkminnovation com/valtrex] valtrex and ebv Lexington The same products that you may be currently buying from your local, more expensive outlet!
P S Sorry for selection category to leave a speech for you about shingles medication valtrex pill
Yes, I couldn't believe that happened, either!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #8
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

You look wasted, Saul..

Nah, I'm just old!

Anyone think Mrs. Brody will get pregnant by good ol' Uncle Mike?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Hank
AC•FTW

I watched the end again, and I did have it backwards. I assumed that Quinn could hear the full dialog in the war room ("it's not Nazzir, we don't have sandman", etc), but he could only hear Estes tell him to "stand by" and then "stand down".
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
DeDondeEs

After watching almost two seasons of this show, one thing that finally dawned on me is that it seems weird that Brody's wife actually calls him "Brody." Who calls their own husband by their last name?

That whole scene between Saul and Quinn's wife was funny. Saul was just sitting there awkwardly staring at her, with this horrible cover story that she shot holes through. I was asking myself why is he being so sloppy? But then I realized the whole point was to raise suspicion so she would call Quinn. In that case he did an excellent job.

I am thinking that the whole operation they busted is a decoy, not a decoy to see if Brody would turn Nazzir in, but a decoy for a bigger operation. In the beginning of the episode when Nazzir was dropping Brody off, Nazzir said something like "If this goes according to plan, this will be the last time we see each other". Did that mean last time ever? Or last time before the plan? Also there has to be a reason why we didn't see the entire meeting between Brody and Nazzir.

Last edited by DeDondeEs : 11-26-2012 at 10:25 AM.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
Casual

I just finished watching the original Israeli version of homeland and am super pumped to see how this season of the american version plays out. Brodi seems a bit off still. I think he could still be working for Nazzir, or he could be waiting for his own chance to kill him. Dana is horrible! I hate snotty teenagers. The Israeli version of Dana was older and had a better story line.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
After watching almost two seasons of this show, one thing that finally dawned on me is that it seems weird that Brody's wife actually calls him "Brody." Who calls their own husband by their last name?
I assume it's what she called him before they were married. When you're in the military it's pretty common for your buddies to call you by your last name, since that's what's printed on your uniform. He probably got that nickname and it stuck.
Quote:
That whole scene between Saul and Quinn's wife was funny. Saul was just sitting there awkwardly staring at her, with this horrible cover story that she shot holes through. I was asking myself why is he being so sloppy? But then I realized the whole point was to raise suspicion so she would call Quinn. In that case he did an excellent job.
I thought the same thing, "Saul is better than that." Then I realized he was.
Quote:
I am thinking that the whole operation they busted is a decoy, not a decoy to see if Brody would turn Nazzir in, but a decoy for a bigger operation. In the beginning of the episode when Nazzir was dropping Brody off Nazzir said something like "If this goes according to plan, this will be the last time we see each other". Did that mean last time ever? Or last time before the plan? Also there has to be a reason why we didn't see the entire meeting between Brody and Nazzir.
I agree, there's something more going on.

tk

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
That whole scene between Saul and Quinn's wife was funny.
They're not married.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

IMO, the reason Estes wants Brody killed is so he can cover-up the drone strike that killed a bunch of school children which was then covered up by Estes and the VP.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
So Estes and the VP et al think that Brody is much of an embarrassment to have to 'splain.
I don't think the VP knows about Brody (being a double agent terrorist) yet.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
It looks like Brody really gave up Nazzir, even though the way we saw it, Nazzir popped out of the car right up front. Maybe it was after he was shown the battery.
That wasn't Nazzir. That was the munitions expert "new guy" that they brought in to replace the tailor.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
busyba
The Funcooker

What bugged me is that Nazzir had a codename, "Sandman", but they still went back and forth between using his real name and his code name over the communications channel.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

It made no sense for Carrie to just go running to the SUV. Wouldn't they need men (or women) with armor to do that? These men aren't typically scared to die and anything could happen.

I also had trouble buying the helicopter story.

Otherwise, great episode. Bringing Quinn in to be a hitman is brilliant.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
What bugged me is that Nazzir had a codename, "Sandman", but they still went back and forth between using his real name and his code name over the communications channel.
Yeah it will be interesting to see if they continue to use "Sandman" after Carrie hollered into her radio in the middle of the diner parking lot that "Sandman is not here".

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
They're not married.
OK. Babymama then.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
Azlen

Quote:
My aunt did. Well kinda. My uncle's nickname was a shortened version of his last name and everyone called him by that nickname including his wife.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
Azlen

It wasn't made clear in this episode but by informing the CIA of the attack, has Brody now tipped his hand to Nazzir that he turned on him?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
It wasn't made clear in this episode but by informing the CIA of the attack, has Brody now tipped his hand to Nazzir that he turned on him?
Next week's trailer (I usually try to avoid these, but didn't this time):
Spoiler:
Yes, that was revealed in the trailers for next week. Nazzir tells Brody 'do you think you could betray me and get away with it'

Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post

That wasn't Nazzir. That was the munitions expert "new guy" that they brought in to replace the tailor.
I meant last week when Brody was brought to the warehouse by chopper. We didn't see Brody being threatened before the car drove in with Nazzir.

That's why we were led to believe that Body made up the story of what happened as part of a larger plan for the real attack, but now it would really have to be a stretch that they intended the whole bust and arrest of Roya.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I gotta rewatch but when Estes was briefing the VP did he tell Brody to make the call while the VP was there? That would blow the whole charade that Brody was hearing about it for the first time.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
I meant last week when Brody was brought to the warehouse by chopper. We didn't see Brody being threatened before the car drove in with Nazzir.

That's why we were led to believe that Body made up the story of what happened as part of a larger plan for the real attack, but now it would really have to be a stretch that they intended the whole bust and arrest of Roya.
Oh, ok... I see what you mean now.

I think the essential elements of Brody's story were true and that he was just lying about being threatened and not mentioning that they were cordial because he was trying to make himself look a little better.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #26
tiams

Quote:
It is possible that Brody told the CIA exactly what Nazir wanted him to tell them. Now the event with the soldiers homecoming will go on and Brody will be there. He still has the bomb vest, right? It is possible that the plan from the beginning was to make it look like Nazir's plan had been foiled.

Quote:
I gotta rewatch but when Estes was briefing the VP did he tell Brody to make the call while the VP was there? That would blow the whole charade that Brody was hearing about it for the first time.
No, the VP had walked out.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #27
tiassa
Me --Avatar

I think that "bombing the homecoming" was a real plan and Poya was in on it. By misleading Brody on his presence at the bombing Nazir turned it into a test of Brody's loyalty.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Military wives. I have a friend and she calls her husband by his last name (now also hers) because that is how he was introduced to her when they first met and what all his buddies call him.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #29
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Given that they didn't find Nazir, should we assume this was setup to catch Brody lying? If so, I assume the camera batteries are indeed camera batteries and the CIA is going to have some explaining to do?????
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #30
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Given that they didn't find Nazir, should we assume this was setup to catch Brody lying? If so, I assume the camera batteries are indeed camera batteries and the CIA is going to have some explaining to do?????
Hard to say -- if it was a setup, they gave up a whole cadre of terrorists, including Roya. Without Roya and Brody with easy access to the government, that set them back pretty good. Kinda of a waste just to out Brody. But maybe they didn't send Nazzir there just in case Brody flipped.

I said to my g/f, why would they even expect Nazzir to be in the van in the first place? It's not like Osama Bin Laden was flying one of the 9/11 planes.

Nazzir would be back at Terrorist HQ watching and coordinating the entire thing.