TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
24k Kate

MRV Premeire to HD issue

I just upgraded to a TiVo Premiere and moved my HD box upstairs and I'm experiencing the following issues...any help would be appreciated!

Issue number one: When I attempt to transfer a program recorded on an MPEG-4 channel (Plus Pack channels, for those "lucky" enough to have Cox Hampton Roads, just went to MPEG-4.) from the Premiere to the HD, I get an audio only recording on the HD. My MAK is the same on both units. I have rebooted multiple times. The HD has the most current software update. The Premiere has 20.2.1...does it matter that it's not 20.2.2?

Ready to throw the damned things through the window, I thought I would get around this issue by transferring from the Premiere to TiVo Desktop Plus to the HD. So, I transferred a MPEG-4 recording from my Premiere to TiVo Desktop. So far, so good. But, when looking at recordings on my computer via the HD box, I see the red circle w/slash and receive the following message: "This recording cannot transfer because its format is HD which is incompatible with this DVR." Which doesn't even make sense, as it's a bloody HD DVR!

A search of this forum led me to download the K-Lite Codec Pack and uncheck the use fastest method available box in TiVo Desktop. This seemed to work at first, but now, every time I try to transfer a file from the Premiere to the PC, it loads less than 100MB and stops..and I get audio only!

Is there something I'm missing? I've searched and searched, and can't find any reference to the inability to view transferred MPEG-4 files on a TiVo HD. I'm not sure what to do next: a little guidance in the right direction would be most helpful.
24k Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
atmuscarella

I only have OTA so no MPEG 4, have you tried MPEG 2 recordings? This might actually be a time where calling TiVo support helps.

Good Luck,
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
24k Kate

I should have mentioned, MPEG-2 recordings transfer fine. It's just the MPEG-4 that won't work.
24k Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
compnurd

Does the HD support MPEG 4? That might be the problem
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Tico
Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Don;t have one anymore. But when I got rid of mine Tivo still had not turned Mpeg4 support in the TivoHD software.

I bet it still isn;t on....
Series3 OLED STA1520 TA Activated 9/21/06
Tico is offline   Reply With Quote