TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Archangel00

Thumbs down Sons of Anarchy - "Toad's Wild Ride" - 10/23/12

Oh brother....you gotta be ******* me...

More BS from Clay...(why, why, WHY!, couldn't Unser pop him too!)
Gemma's BS...
now Abel get's effed up(or dead) in the process?

Oh yeah, and at least two more trashed bikes...
What is this, Jax's bike of the week now?

Last edited by Archangel00 : 10-23-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Ment

Hmm...you had to bring in the kids! Time for Gemma 1.0 to go.

So is Pope playing a long game or did the Nomads reach out to a some disaffected Niners to mess things up for everyone on each side. Guess the better question is who is Pope's rival? Wonder if its that mean dude who is Pope's right hand.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Idearat

When they showed the van driving off after the attempted hit on Jax, then panned up from Gemma's hand on the radio, for just a beat I thought Gemma was the one who got away. Why was she weaving all over the road? Was that supposed to be from smoking with Unser hours earlier? Her babysitting privileges are going to take a serious hit.

I'm definitely in the camp that Clay has to go. With a couple runs for the Irish there should be enough trust that Jax is running things OK and Clay would no longer be needed there. Of course the more unlikeable he is and annoying to the audience the more likely he is to stay.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I don't get the ending. Sounds like a desperate way to finally get rid of her.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I don't get the ending. Sounds like a desperate way to finally get rid of her.
Unless Kurt Sutter and Katie Sagel have divorced, I doubt that's what's happening here.

It's Gemma trying desperately to show that she's a good grandmother, but only showing that she's Gemma. In a pretty unforgivable way.

Lot of people doing things in a pretty unforgivable way lately. Almost like they're trying to create drama on the show!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Unless Kurt Sutter and Katie Sagel have divorced, I doubt that's what's happening here.
I'm talking the character not the woman. Who knows maybe Sagal wants to move on.

Spoiler:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2399342/

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Sadara
huh?

I'm ok with Gemma dying off the show. If she's not dead, I bet she never gets to babysit the kids again!

I was confusing by the attack on Jax at the end. We'll see how that pans out, but based on what we've seen so far, I doubt it's Pope, it's someone else. Pope has something to gain with the alliance with Jax right now, I don't get why he's screw that up. If nothing else Pope is a business man and the alliance with Jax makes him money. So, my opinion is that someone else prompted that attack.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
I'm ok with Gemma dying off the show. If she's not dead, I bet she never gets to babysit the kids again!

I was confusing by the attack on Jax at the end. We'll see how that pans out, but based on what we've seen so far, I doubt it's Pope, it's someone else. Pope has something to gain with the alliance with Jax right now, I don't get why he's screw that up. If nothing else Pope is a business man and the alliance with Jax makes him money. So, my opinion is that someone else prompted that attack.
There'll be more drama if she lives and the kid does not. Also, just because you are black doesn't mean you are a Niner. I guess that is the impression the writers wanted us to have.
TiVoXL4 - 2TB (1TB external)
Cablevision Raritan Valley, NJ
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
cheesesteak
Meh.

It's Clay. It has to be Clay. It's always Clay. Clay. Clay. Clay. Clay. Clay. And he'll get away with it. Again. And my head will explode. Again.

Juice. Stop being a coward and talk to Jax.

Where was Gemma going, anyway? I could see Gemma driving erratically if she were drunk but she wasn't or at least they didn't show her getting f'd up. We have to wait a week but they've got some splainin' to do on that one.

Every time the scene switched towards the end, I expected the remaining Nomad to show up and start shooting people. Gemma with the kids. Tara and Tig at the cabin. Jax and Chibs.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Clay logic:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Where was Gemma going, anyway? I could see Gemma driving erratically if she were drunk but she wasn't or at least they didn't show her getting f'd up. We have to wait a week but they've got some splainin' to do on that one.
She and Unser were passing a joint back and forth for, oh, half the show...
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
Ment

Quote:
Yep, Unser for his colon cancer and Gemma for her brain cancer.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
Archangel00

Quote:
Which alone doesn't significantly impair one's ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Certainly not to the extent depicted...

Throw in some fatigue and maybe, but we all saw she got at least some sleep the previous night.

Both this scenario and the van attack on Jax and Bobby were just plain sloppy, lazy, piss poor, writing.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
lodica1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Which alone doesn't significantly impair one's ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Certainly not to the extent depicted...

Throw in some fatigue and maybe, but we all saw she got at least some sleep the previous night.

Both this scenario and the van attack on Jax and Bobby were just plain sloppy, lazy, piss poor, writing.

I wouldn't want someone who had been smoking a joint all day to drive my toddler and baby anywhere. Just sayin'....
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post

Every time I've smoked (pot) I've gotten tired.

Good use of the new Soundgarden song.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #16
cheesesteak
Meh.

Wait a minute... Gemma and Unser were smoking a joint when the police were crime sceneing his trailer ten yards away? What knuckleheads do that? I thought it was a cigarette.

Seemed like it was hours between the time Gemma and Unser smoked and when she ended up in a roadside ditch. Daylight, then pitch black darkness. I'm not a pot smoker. The impairment lasts that long?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #17
fmowry

Quote:
Wait a minute... Gemma and Unser were smoking a joint when the police were crime sceneing his trailer ten yards away? What knuckleheads do that? I thought it was a cigarette.

Seemed like it was hours between the time Gemma and Unser smoked and when she ended up in a roadside ditch. Daylight, then pitch black darkness. I'm not a pot smoker. The impairment lasts that long?
I'm not one either though I have. They don't usually last that long. She was hungover too from hooking up with Joel McHale though if I have my timeline right. Or was that a couple days later?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:

Unser wouldn't worry about smoking in front of the police since he has cancer and is allowed to do it for medicinal purposes. And the show takes place in California where tons of people do it for medicinal purposes so I didn't see that scene as a stretch at all.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
Idearat

Quote:
It's been mentioned before that Unser uses it medically due to his cancer. With her various ailments it's not a stretch to think that Gemma has a card as well.

EDIT: Beat to the punch by dimented.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
Sadara
huh?

I agree .... I think Gemma has brain cancer... even though the writers haven't seen fit to actually write it into the show.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #21
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

One of them actually referenced Wayne's cancer and Gemma's brain cancer in the scene where they were sharing the joint. No secrets or guessing there.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
cheesesteak
Meh.

Gemma has brain cancer? What season did that happen? Please don't say this one. So maybe that's why she drove off the road.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Ment

Its just an euphemism for the way she's been acting lately, thus the desire/need for MJ.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

"Brain cancer" was a joking way to explain A) Gemma's poor decision-making, and B) her pot use. She doesn't have brain cancer; she's just an idiot pot-head.

She has had health issues (heart-related), but I don't think they're the type that would lead to a medical marijuana prescription.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
Archangel00

LOL, yeah Gemma has a cancer on her psyche. Not a physical brain tumor. (that we've been specifically informed of yet anyway)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
Ment

It'd be really coincidental to this thread if Gemma, during the hospital stay from the accident, was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #27
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

So Nero beats the crap out of the con man, anyone here thinks that's the end of that storyline or he's going to comeback and cause problems?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
So Nero beats the crap out of the con man, anyone here thinks that's the end of that storyline or he's going to comeback and cause problems?
As the Sons chased and beat him a little the first time, and another group chased him and beat him a bunch the second time, he could still come back.

He'd have to be pretty stupid to do so. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would move to another town a couple counties away..
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #29
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
I'm not entirely convinced Nero is a friend of the Sons yet.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #30
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Soze View Post
I'm not entirely convinced Nero is a friend of the Sons yet.
Ahh...good point.