This morning we began rolling out the 20.2.2 update for TiVo Premiere (including XL, 4, XL4, and Elite). Many boxes will be authorized for the update today, with more added each day from the priority list. (http://tivo.com/priority
Note: Only boxes purchased directly from TiVo or through a retailer will be updated at this time. TiVo Premiere boxes provided by a cable company will be updated at a later date.
(To all our customers on the East Coast - stay safe and dry. May you be cozy at home with power and your TiVo!)
Here is a list of changes:
Season Pass Manager
The Season Pass Manager screen is now in HD.
* Season Passes that don’t have any episodes scheduled to record appear in gray
* Season Passes that have episodes that won't record due to conflicts display "(conflicts)" in the list
* When a Season Pass is highlighted, information on the right side of the screen tells you:
- If there are conflicts that will prevent some episodes from recording
- How many episodes will and won’t record
- The current Season Pass settings (New only, Keep at Most, Keep Until, and Start & Stop time)
* Season Passes can be re-ordered by entering numbers using the buttons on the remote control
* When you re-order your Season Pass list, it will automatically update to show if there are any conflicts
* SELECT on a Season Pass in the list will take you to a new Season Pass screen that lets you modify recording options and see "Upcoming" and "Conflicts" lists
To Do List
The HD To Do List has four different views (which can be seen by pressing the red C button on the remote)
* “will record & conflicts” – includes all shows that will record in the next two weeks AND any shows that won’t record because all of the tuners are busy recording other shows at that time (indicated by a red X)
* “conflicts” - all shows that can’t be recorded because all of the tuners are busy at that time
* “will record” – only includes shows that will record
* “all” – all individual recordings, WishList matches, and Season Pass shows; including those that won’t record because they are duplicates, not new, or have reached your keep at most setting
There are three different views of the History screen (which can be seen by pressing the red C button on the remote)
* “all” – all shows that weren’t recorded or were deleted
* “conflicts” – only shows that weren’t recorded because all of the tuners were busy at that time
* “deleted” – only shows that were deleted from the DVR
Reason that a show appears in History include:
- "Deleted" (which may appear as "Can Recover" if it is still in the Recently Deleted folder)
- "Canceled" - user canceled the Season Pass or WishList
- "Duplicate" - it has already been recorded
- "Not New" - the Season Pass was set to only record new episodes
- "Limit Reached" - Keep at most limit has been reached, so the oldest episode was deleted
- "Conflict" - couldn't record because all of the tuners were busy
My Shows for Multi-Room Streaming
The "Remote" My Shows screen is now in HD if you are looking at another TiVo Premiere on your home network.
- Press PLAY on a show in the list to immediately start streaming
- Modify the recording options on the remote DVR from the episode screen
- Set up new recordings on the remote DVR using "Explore this show" from the episode screen.
The "KidZone" feature of SD Menus has been removed. It had very low usage (since it only worked in SD Menus) and it was going to be a lot of work to make it compatible with the database technology change we made in this release. We recommend using Parental Controls instead. They work in both SD and HD Menus.
* Grid Guide
- Press LEFT to highlight the channel cell, and then press SELECT for options like "Add to favorites" and "Remove from Channel List"
- Press LEFT from the channel cell to go back in time. The channel cells will move to the right to indicate you are looking at shows that have already aired.
* Mini Guide
- pressing SELECT to bring up the Mini Guide now only works in Live TV (disabled in Recordings)
* Discovery Bar
- Press RECORD on an item to instantly set up a Season Pass
- Press PLAY on an "In My Shows" item to immediately start playing
- THUMBS UP and THUMBS DOWN can be used to rate shows in the Discovery Bar
- The Discovery Bar no longer dims when you transition to another screen. Instead it waits for a period of time to pass before requesting an update.
- "Name this DVR" in Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices (yes, "Man Cave" and "Princess Suite" are a couple of the choices. You can still type in a custom name.)
- "Allow Live TV on Other Devices" is to support TiVo Mini
* Other HD screens
- "Set Up a Manual Recording" is now in HD
- "Help" has been updated and is now in HD
* New Games available in "Showcases & Apps"
- Kaboom - find and destroy enemy mines
- Rockswap - line up rocks of the same type
- Quizzmaster - see who has the best general knowledge
- The "Categories" item was removed from the bottom of the list on the left side in "Browse TV & Movies"
- A new "One Moment" screen appears when launching an App (previously you saw a black screen)
- "Browse by Time" has been renamed "Find by Time" (in 'Manage Recordings & Downloads')
- "Browse by Channel" has been renamed "Find by Channel" (in 'Manage Recordings & Downloads')
- Stability and performance improvements
We hope you enjoy the latest installment in our series of TiVo Premiere updates. If you have feedback about your TiVo experience please email me at email@example.com