TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Beryl

Walking Dead S03E01 - 10/14/12 - Seed

So psyched about tonight's show. AMC is brilliant in how they play all of the previous episodes in preparation.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

From the rules --

Timing of official threads:
Do not start the official show thread more than one hour before the Eastern time zone airing.

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
So psyched about tonight's show. AMC is brilliant in how they play all of the previous episodes in preparation.
They also last season up on Netflix a few weeks ago giving people plenty of time to get caught up. I wish more shows would do things like this.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
From the rules --

Timing of official threads:
Do not start the official show thread more than one hour before the Eastern time zone airing.
Apologies.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Apologies.
No biggie...just gets a little confusing for some when an official thread starts significantly before air time....and I'm old and easily confused.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Hank
AC•FTW

My DVR caught a 5 minute "preview" of TWD last weekend.. I started watching it, until I realized it was FULL of spoilers. I turned it off about 1 minute into it. Showtime did the same thing with Dexter a few weeks back... and had several MAJOR spoilers of the first couple of episodes. WTF people?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
ebf

Better double check your To Do List. At least two of us are seeing the first recording happening NEXT week. Had to manually set it to grab the first repeat tonight.
ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
JETarpon

Now that I have inspected you for zombie scratches and you are clean, I am going to kiss your zombie blood soaked shoulder.

WTF?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
Deja-vue
Challenge everything

Awesome Show!

[There is only one way to keep you alive!]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Deja-vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
Now that I have inspected you for zombie scratches and you are clean, I am going to kiss your zombie blood soaked shoulder.

WTF?
Lol! Seeking logic? Forgitaboutit
Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
jdfs
Unspecial Member

Quote:

WTF?
Since you can't catch it anyway, it doesn't matter.

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
JETarpon

Why can't he?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #13
jdfs
Unspecial Member

Quote:
Why can't he?
You don't catch it. When you die for any reason you become a zombie. However, deep zombie bites can make you sick and die, like getting your tendons munched on.

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #14
JETarpon

If deep zombie bites are necessary to turn the living, why is he checking for scratches?

If ingestion of zombie blood doesn't turn you into a zombie, why did they need to extract the zombie from the well in one piece?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
If deep zombie bites are necessary to turn the living, why is he checking for scratches?

If ingestion of zombie blood doesn't turn you into a zombie, why did they need to extract the zombie from the well in one piece?
The well was before the sheriff told everyone they were all infected already

I was amused that the kid gets a gun and gets to clear rooms alone and the black guy gets a fireplace poker
Old 10-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #16
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

It's not that you don't catch it. You do catch it. For example, in some episodes, including tonight's episode, we've seen dead bodies that had not been reanimated; they died before becoming infected. However, by now everyone who's alive has already caught the zombie-maker disease. They're all already infected. As soon as they die it will activate and reanimate them.

Apparently the dead have some fast-acting germs that will kill you pretty quickly once you're bitten. Maybe the idea is that those germs live in their mouth/teeth/nails, though, because it doesn't seem like you have to be super-careful about their blood alone.

Maybe if it's a small scratch they can disinfect it and keep it from getting bad, and that's why they were checking each other. They've had a whole winter now of experience to learn how things work.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
It's not that you don't catch it. You do catch it. For example, in some episodes, including tonight's episode, we've seen dead bodies that had not been reanimated; they died before becoming infected. However, by now everyone who's alive has already caught the zombie-maker disease. They're all already infected. As soon as they die it will activate and reanimate them.
Weren't they dead from head injuries though? I know the guard in the control room had blown his head off (thus preventing the turn).

Good start to the season--lots of stuff to play. I wonder what Lori did to Rick to make him hate her... She mentioned the Shane thing but I'm curious what the actual event was...Hershel seems to be responsible for whatever happened as well.

Carol smiling and making jokes!

Lauren Cohan upped her "hottie quotient" by getting dirty and kicking zombie ass. Chicks who kick ass are infinitely hotter than chicks who don't.

The image of Rick driving a hatchet into Hershel's shin bone will haunt me forever.

The whole "Carl and Maggie's sister" thing was weird, right? What was that?

I guess this will be explained at some point, but what reason does Ninja Chick have for dragging around two armless walkers? It seems like a gigantic chore with very little reward.

I know it's a TV show but the idea that they decided to keep the baby when they had what is technically an easy way out is just so incomprehensible that it makes all the story lines related to it seem annoying. I bet watching his son getting ready to eat a can of dog food made him reconsider his earlier position.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
JETarpon

I suppose the walkers without arms or bottom jaws can't do much damage. Maybe they are her early warning system or something.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
GameGuru

The zombies must mask their scent.
Roku 3
GameGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #20
Barmat

Quote:
I suppose the walkers without arms or bottom jaws can't do much damage. Maybe they are her early warning system or something.
Their smell camouflages the living. Remember when Ric and company covered themselves in guts to do the same thing.
Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #21
wprager

So they almost completely skipped over the whole winter thing. Late in S2 they were talking about how winter would affect the walkers. Seriously, whether they are alive or dead, they need energy to move. Sure, some of them just stand around in a dark corridoor -- that doesn't take much energy. But the herds roaming the countryside -- what's keeping them, umm, alive? There's only so many small rodents they can catch. So when the winter hits, I would expect massive death counts, at least in the colder areas.

Like, for example, why don't they head north to Canada?

As for the whole "we are all infected" yet they worry about scratches, but are covered from head to toes in blood, but deep bites require field amputation -- I don't get any of that. I wonder if the writers do.

The prisoners they end up meeting, something tells me those survivors were probably the ones in solitary. Probably not the nicest folk to be around women and children. Good thing they saw what Rick did to Hershel -- that'll keem them honest.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #22
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

WTF?
That was my first thought. It's okay to lick the blood off of you?

Great first episode. As said, lot's of stuff to dig in deeper about.

I did like the way they secured the prison yard and then the cell block.

I think sending the boy in with the men, with a gun was great because it also showed us how far they have come (and lori has come to let that happen).

Lori just looks like she has a basketball strapped to her.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
They were acting like 'mules'. They both had bckpacks strapped to them.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #24
Hank
AC•FTW

Also, from the original comics, those two zombies are (were) her boyfriend and his ******bag best friend.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
The image of Rick driving a hatchet into Hershel's shin bone will haunt me forever.
That was just realy bad FX... I mean come on -- you hack a guys leg off with a hatchet, and it's a totally clean cut all the way through, like you just cut hot dog in half? Where was his bones and tendons?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
...I was amused that the kid gets a gun and gets to clear rooms alone and the black guy gets a fireplace poker
Thank you! I thought the same thing.

I loved that they have "hardened up" over the winter. My only gripe was the opening battle scene and then the 2nd battle scene....there was NO need for that hand to hand combat. Just let the zombies keeping coming up to the fence and then continue to kill them at the fence. No chance of you getting hurt. THEN once those are all dead then you go hand to hand.

There was no need for that total waste of ammunition and potential harm.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #27
pmyers

spoilerizing Hank's post

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Also, from the original comics, those two zombies are (were) her boyfriend and his ******bag best friend.

c'mon now...you know that's going to upset people.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
spoilerizing Hank's post

Why is that a spoiler? It's from the comics before the timeframe for the show started from the original "infection" event. The TV show skipped over that part.

We even talked about it in previous TCF threads.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #29
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
spoilerizing Hank's post

Yup, I'm a bit P'O'd at that. He knows better.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
My only gripe was the opening battle scene and then the 2nd battle scene....there was NO need for that hand to hand combat. Just let the zombies keeping coming up to the fence and then continue to kill them at the fence. No chance of you getting hurt. THEN once those are all dead then you go hand to hand.
Plus throughout the prison there are great choke points where they can force the zombies to come at them one or a few at a time (gates, doorways). Instead, they go out into open spaces where they can be swarmed.

(And there should have been some acknowledgment of how much that prison must STINK.)

Still, great set-up for the season, with two potentially interesting scenarios playing out (the prison, and Michonne).