Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
kline

Cablevision missing channel 102 - wrong frequency

Cablevision aka Optimum cable television
Tivo Premiere - Series 4 platform
Cablevision Long Island east end system

Problem: Missing channel 102 Cspan 3

My Tivo Premiere was working flawlessly for two years. About 2 weeks ago I started getting a black screen with the message "This channel is not authorized." when I tried channel 102 - Cspan 3.

Called Cablevision service and the technician showed up near the end of the appointment window. He did not have a replacement cable card to try as he said someone else had taken the last three cable cards in the warehouse. After a new binding of my existing cable card and a long chat with his shop he determined that channel 102 was on the wrong frequency. No solution was offered other than to try a new cable card.

I went to the Cablevision east end Long Island system center and got a new cable card, installed the new card and had Cablevision bind it, rebooted and had the same problem - no channel 102. I put the old card back in to see if any help. It was not. When I put the new card back in I did manage to black screen a couple of channels around 102 that had worked.

Any thoughts?
kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
kline

Second visit from technician and a third cable card fixed the problem.
kline is offline   Reply With Quote