TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

The inexperienced writers of Grimm

Poor guys will probably take quite the ribbing next time they hang out with their TV writer buddies. On last night's episode, they showed some cops reviewing security camera footage...and when they zoomed, the footage got grainier and less focused!

Silly writers don't realize yet that on TV shows, security cameras have infinite zoom.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Timbeau

LOL! I thought for sure they would zoom in on the daughter and show her face with crystal clarity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
robojerk

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about the episode plot being so obvious.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

Obviously, the Portland PD doesn't have the money to spend on computer tech as New York, Las Vegas, and Miami does.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Poor guys will probably take quite the ribbing next time they hang out with their TV writer buddies. On last night's episode, they showed some cops reviewing security camera footage...and when they zoomed, the footage got grainier and less focused!

Silly writers don't realize yet that on TV shows, security cameras have infinite zoom.
Add it to the list of dozens if not hundreds of things on every TV show that doesn't follow the rules of the real world. TV has always been this way. It is nothing new. It's entertainment and it's not real.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
It's entertainment and it's not real.
Dammit- you should have spoilered that!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Add it to the list of dozens if not hundreds of things on every TV show that doesn't follow the rules of the real world. TV has always been this way. It is nothing new. It's entertainment and it's not real.
Well, I hope you won't think this is part of a crusade for heightened realism in movies and TV, rather than just an amused observation.

More amusing is the fact that the lack of focus was, in light of years of "training" to expect infinite focus, so jarring it really stood out and took me out of the story for a moment.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. They do have that capability; the writers just forgot to have someone randomly ask "can you enhance that?" like someone invariably seems to do-- like the computer techs don't even know how to work their own equipment.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
No, no, no. You have it all wrong. They do have that capability; the writers just forgot to have someone randomly ask "can you enhance that?" like someone invariably seems to do-- like the computer techs don't even know how to work their own equipment.
Computer techs are very literal-minded people. They only follow the precise directions they're given. If you don't specifically ask them to enhance it, they will not consider enhancement to be within the job-ticket's parameters.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Computer techs are very literal-minded people. They only follow the precise directions they're given. If you don't specifically ask them to enhance it, they will not consider enhancement to be within the job-ticket's parameters.
Computer tech jobs are supposed to come with a ticket?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Computer tech jobs are supposed to come with a ticket?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote