TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Crobinzine

Person of Interest OAD 10/4/12

Another great episode.
Glad to see the plot moving along. This did not drag.
ROOTs quest continues. Nice little plot twist near the end.
Don't know why more people aren't talking about this show?
I try to get people at work to watch it, just to have someone to talk to about it.
No luck.
One guy started in the middle of the season and couldn't get into it.

Last edited by Crobinzine : 10-07-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Crobinzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Did you mean Oct 4? I don't think we know what might happen on Oct 14 :-)

I agree this season has started out well. I'm happy they didn't drag out the kidnapping too long.

I do enjoy this show. I think you don't get much conversation here because there's not much controversial about it. You can't really relate the popularity of a show to the number of threads or posts per thread. Some shows just naturally elicit more commentary than others.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
dylking
I've never farded

I'm also glad the dog was present, but not pivotal
dylking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Crobinzine

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Did you mean Oct 4? I don't think we know what might happen on Oct 14 :-).
Duh, your right. Can the Mod change that?
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

She was going to just shoot a random traincap(?) to make her getaway? Like that wouldn't draw any attention?

The captive CIA guy forgot that he was supposed to full of sodium pentathol. Methinks the writers dropped a plot thread.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
The captive CIA guy forgot that he was supposed to full of sodium pentathol. Methinks the writers dropped a plot thread.
I think she lied about the sodium pentothal. She wanted him to show his true stripes and drugging him (unless it was to give him roid rage) would mask that.

This season PoI has really upped its game. The show started out without any apparent concern over the ethical implication of the machine. Now that question is the core of the series. This is a bait and switch par excellence. Its like if Firefly were a conventional western the first season, then you find out they have spaceships.

Also, the machine now appears to be developing self-awareness. I am so reminded of _The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress_ when Manny first sees Mike straying from his expected output and developing a personality. And the show could do worse than follow that blueprint.

When they give the machine a name, I hope it is a subtle nod to that book's computer character, Mike. They already made reference to Daniel Keyes and Isaac Asimov. So a nod to Heinlein would be great.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'm just not feeling this show this season. This whole Root plot seems preposterous. I was mentally yelling at my tv when the captured guy beat the crap out of Root but then stood around soliloquoying right next to her. Kill her, tie her up or move away from her. Just don't stay right where she can get to you after she's done faking.

One thing I will say, Amy Acker has aged really well. I never paid much attention to her on Angel but she's one fine looking woman on this show.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
newsposter
Poster of News

all part of a master plan...i've never used that one myself (insert whistle while walking away slowly)

i guess if you dont mind being hit it's believable but i dont think id go to that length myself.

what was with the one question thing...been a while since i watch the show but it was something like it the machine remotely accessible? i guess for security he wanted to know no one else can use it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
...what was with the one question thing...been a while since i watch the show but it was something like it the machine remotely accessible? i guess for security he wanted to know no one else can use it
Fitch swore there was no way even he could access it. Watch for a plot point where the machine proves him wrong.

"They" moved the machine on a train headed toward Salt Lake City. With no admin, Fitch musta been really clever. They didn't even have to give it its new IP address?

(I guess an all knowing machine would have figured it out.)
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 10-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
"They" moved the machine on a train headed toward Salt Lake City. With no admin, Fitch musta been really clever. They didn't even have to give it its new IP address?

(I guess an all knowing machine would have figured it out.)
Of course not, that's DHCP is for.

I ignore the technical impossibilities of the machine.
The show is fun enough where I can do that.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
newsposter
Poster of News

b b b but are you saying there arent cameras in every hall and every bathroom?

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Crobinzine

I like the dynamics of the "team". I wonder how long it will be before Carter and/or Fusco will be told about the machine?
So we have people after the machine, Root is after "Finch", and Snow is after Reese.
Snow is still alive right?
BTW thanks Mod for the date correction.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Church AV Guy

I suspect that Finch doesn't want to tell them about the machine becuase everyone who knows about it (besides him and Reese) are in mortal danger, and will try to kill anyone else who finds out about it. It is DANGEROUS to know of the existence of the machine!

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Anybody remember the pilot episode when Harold Finch approached John for the first time? He was being driven in a private limo, meaning he had a staff.

He could have used a couple of bodyguards along the way.
UVerse and OTA

Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #15
Hcour

I thought this show really improved the second half of last season, but imo it appears to have gone completely off the rails so far this second season. The "root" storyline isn't especially interesting and "root" herself is a pretty bland villain (it doesn't help that the actress playing her just doesn't haven't any depth or real menace about her). Hopefully that storyline has been wrapped up for now and the show will get back to the formula that was working so well last season - investigating a new POI each week.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I thought this show really improved the second half of last season, but imo it appears to have gone completely off the rails so far this second season. The "root" storyline isn't especially interesting and "root" herself is a pretty bland villain (it doesn't help that the actress playing her just doesn't haven't any depth or real menace about her).
Couldn't disagree more. And Amy Acker plays a great psycho.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I thought this show really improved the second half of last season, but imo it appears to have gone completely off the rails so far this second season. The "root" storyline isn't especially interesting and "root" herself is a pretty bland villain (it doesn't help that the actress playing her just doesn't haven't any depth or real menace about her). Hopefully that storyline has been wrapped up for now and the show will get back to the formula that was working so well last season - investigating a new POI each week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
Couldn't disagree more. And Amy Acker plays a great psycho.
+1

I also disagree completely.

Quote:
..."root" herself is a pretty bland villain (it doesn't help that the actress playing her just doesn't haven't any depth or real menace about her...
This is is just the opposite of what I think.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote