There is another thread about this but it's also five years old, so I am going ask some questions I have that need to ask to get current information on.
The background: Live north of Tampa and have FiOS with a FiOS DVR. It's okay but periodically drops series from the recording schedule for no apparent reason. We had a TiVO powered DVR through Direct TV and my since my wife manages the recording schedules, etc I am immediately informed of the malfunction and how much the TiVO is missed.
So the questions I have are as follow that relate specifically to TiVO Primiere 4 tuner models on FiOS.
1) Which cable cards should I insist that verizon provide? We are HBO subscribers too if that matters.
2) Do the TiVo Premiere DVR have something along the line of an "app store" where specific apps can be downloaded?
3) Since we have a multi room DVR we will require one of the multi room devices. Is there a specific model/firmware version that works best or a minimum or these devices?
4) Can a TiVO see a Serviio media server? (We are a linux house)
5) What are the other caveats I need to know about with TiVo's on FiOS?