TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Kaphka

Undeletable Show

I have a show stuck in the Deleted Items folder on my Premiere Elite. It has not expired from Deleted Items, even though other shows have expired normally. When I select it and choose "permanently delete", Tivo displays a "Please Wait" for a few seconds, and then returns to the list of shows without deleting anything.

I assume this bug was triggered because I tried to delete the show while it was streaming to a second Tivo (a Tivo Premiere). In other words, the program was on the Premiere Elite, and I started viewing it via streaming on the Premiere. While it was playing on the Premiere, I deleted it on the Premiere Elite, and it moved to the Deleted Items folder as I expected. I then tried to "permanently delete" the show on the Premiere Elite, and nothing happened. That seemed reasonable at the time, because the show was still playing on the Premiere. However, after I stopped the show on the Premiere, I still couldn't delete it on the Premiere Elite.

I've tried recovering the show and deleting it again, on both the Premiere Elite and the Premiere. I've tried streaming it to the Premiere again for a few minutes (which worked fine,) and then stopping it and deleting it. I've tried restarting the Premiere. Nothing worked.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is restarting the Premiere Elite, because I'm waiting for a gap in my scheduled recordings. I'm not very optimistic that that will solve the problem, though.

Any other suggestions?
Kaphka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
bobfrank

Actually a reboot is probably just exactly what you need.

I had the same problem and after rebooting I was able to totally delete the show.

Bob
bobfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

This happens to me when I use the clear button to remove a recording, then use the clear button again before it disappears from the deleted folder. If I am patient the first time it will delete. If I am impatient, the recording remains until I reboot the TiVo and delete it again, patiently.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Kaphka

You're right, rebooting the Premiere Elite did the trick. Thanks!
Kaphka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
sharkster

For some, totally unknown, reason it has happened to me with Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef. Each time I would want to delete those from the deleted folder I would have to restart that Tivo.

Pretty weird because I never did anything different to those shows from the scores of other shows that I never had trouble deleting.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote