TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #31
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
The other thought that I had is that it's a tad hypocritical of Dean to lay into Sam for taking the time off. After all, Dean took off about the same amount of time to "play house" with Lisa and Ben.
For fear of being an unapologetic Dean defender, which I am... Sam begged Dean to quit the life and go to Lisa. Dean didn't want to do it, kept trying to say no but in the end he promised Sam he would. So he did. This was entirely different.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #32
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?
 
DreadPirateRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 16,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Oh and I almost forgot!

"The rules are simple, Sam. You don't take a joint from a guy named Don and no dogs in the car!"
That was my favorite line in the ep.
__________________
“You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just, literally, 20 seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”
DreadPirateRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #33
steve614
what ru lookin at?
 
steve614's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
Hey, I thought I was doing her a favor. Now she can just come in here and type away without the housekeeping of creating a thread.
It's not that hard to create a thread. So what, you saved her a few keystrokes and thought you were doing her a favor?

Do you NOT know how women think?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Son Of A B>>>>>
Somehow I knew this would be your reaction when I saw that you didn't start the thread.
__________________
The Man Prayer: I'm a man ...... I can change ...... If I have to ...... I guess.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #34
sean67854
Why?
 
sean67854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wouldn't you like to know.
Posts: 3,359
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Son Of A B>>>>>
I was hoping she was saying this in the mode of Dean, not because was mad at me.
__________________
Sean <><
"I'm the keeper of the cheese....."

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
I was hoping she was saying this in the mode of Dean, not because was mad at me.
I was saying it in the mode of Dean because I was mad at you.

Just kidding.

But don't let it happen again or else.


__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #36
sean67854
Why?
 
sean67854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wouldn't you like to know.
Posts: 3,359
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
The other thought that I had is that it's a tad hypocritical of Dean to lay into Sam for taking the time off.

After all, Dean took off about the same amount of time to "play house" with Lisa and Ben.
Even if Sam had not begged Dean to quit the life as Cristina pointed out, I still don't think it's the same.

In the first case, Dean knew where Sam was.

In the second case, Dean just disappeared and Sam had no idea where he was, yet didn't look for him. For all he knew, Dean could have been zapped to Hoboken with amnesia.
__________________
Sean <><
"I'm the keeper of the cheese....."

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
sean67854
Why?
 
sean67854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wouldn't you like to know.
Posts: 3,359
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I was saying it in the mode of Dean because I was mad at you.

Just kidding.

But don't let it happen again or else.

wow, this just took a turn I was NOT expecting.....





__________________
Sean <><
"I'm the keeper of the cheese....."

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
Even if Sam had not begged Dean to quit the life as Cristina pointed out, I still don't think it's the same.

In the first case, Dean knew where Sam was.

In the second case, Dean just disappeared and Sam had no idea where he was, yet didn't look for him. For all he knew, Dean could have been zapped to Hoboken with amnesia.
Yes, this. And I feel that's how Dean is seeing it too. And why it feels so OOC for Sam who lives and breathes his brother. I'm just sad over that entire thing.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #39
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
wow, this just took a turn I was NOT expecting.....
How very Supernatural!
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #40
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Sorry guys but get used to my spamming you with spn gifs from tumblr. I just love them. I have about 500 various ones here.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
For fear of being an unapologetic Dean defender, which I am... Sam begged Dean to quit the life and go to Lisa. Dean didn't want to do it, kept trying to say no but in the end he promised Sam he would. So he did. This was entirely different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
Even if Sam had not begged Dean to quit the life as Cristina pointed out, I still don't think it's the same.

In the first case, Dean knew where Sam was.

In the second case, Dean just disappeared and Sam had no idea where he was, yet didn't look for him. For all he knew, Dean could have been zapped to Hoboken with amnesia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Yes, this. And I feel that's how Dean is seeing it too. And why it feels so OOC for Sam who lives and breathes his brother. I'm just sad over that entire thing.
Did you miss the exchange where they both acknowledged that they wouldn't look for each other?

And I'd like to point out that even though Sam begged Dean to do it, Dean wound up being very happy with Lisa and Ben as Sam knew it was Dean's happy ending.
Dean wanted to return to that and thought that he would up until the point Lisa and Ben were threatened.

Sam has painted his situation as similar (although I suspect it's not).
Ideally, Dean should cut him some slack.

That said, it's also Dean's character not to do so.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #42
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Did you miss the exchange where they both acknowledged that they wouldn't look for each other?

And I'd like to point out that even though Sam begged Dean to do it, Dean wound up being very happy with Lisa and Ben as Sam knew it was Dean's happy ending.
Dean wanted to return to that and thought that he would up until the point Lisa and Ben were threatened.

Sam has painted his situation as similar (although I suspect it's not).
Ideally, Dean should cut him some slack.

That said, it's also Dean's character not to do so.
Wow. I feel like we watched two different shows season 6 then. Cuz what I saw was a shell of a man going through the motions with Lisa. Even when Sam came back and he told Dean "You finally had what you wanted, Dean" and he screams "I wanted my brother alive!" and you notice he left Lisa pretty rapidly after that even KNOWING there was something not right with Sam. Yeah he wasn't happy at all.

As for them agreeing they wouldn't look for each other, look at my signature. Dean even said they always ignore that because of how they felt about each other.

I don't blame Dean for being hurt. It wasn't like Sam just gave up looking, he never started. He never even took a step to look for his brother. Not even for a day. Gah. That makes me want to cry. Or smack Sam. Or both.

Don't get me wrong, I totally feel for Sam. He's dealt with more in the last few years than any human should ever be expected to and it nearly broke him completely. But not to even TRY to find Dean? Argh. I dunno. I need more flashbacks because I want to believe there's more to this story.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #43
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Wow. I feel like we watched two different shows season 6 then. Cuz what I saw was a shell of a man going through the motions with Lisa. Even when Sam came back and he told Dean "You finally had what you wanted, Dean" and he screams "I wanted my brother alive!" and you notice he left Lisa pretty rapidly after that even KNOWING there was something not right with Sam. Yeah he wasn't happy at all.
Of course, he wasn't happy that Sam was gone but do you honestly think he'd be happier on the road hunting with Sam or not hunting and living with Lisa (or Jo) and Sam living down the street?
He kept saying how he'd be back with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
As for them agreeing they wouldn't look for each other, look at my signature. Dean even said they always ignore that because of how they felt about each other.
And yet, Dean didn't do anything to try and get Sam out of the cage.
He knew where he was and didn't do anything because Sam asked him to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I don't blame Dean for being hurt. It wasn't like Sam just gave up looking, he never started. He never even took a step to look for his brother. Not even for a day. Gah. That makes me want to cry. Or smack Sam. Or both.
I agree with this though. I understand fully why Dean was hurt.
It may not be totally rational but it's very human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Don't get me wrong, I totally feel for Sam. He's dealt with more in the last few years than any human should ever be expected to and it nearly broke him completely. But not to even TRY to find Dean? Argh. I dunno. I need more flashbacks because I want to believe there's more to this story.
I definitely agree that we don't know the whole story and hopefully we will see this played out.

But to me, Sam seemed totally burned out and depressed after Dean disappeared.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #44
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Of course, he wasn't happy that Sam was gone but do you honestly think he'd be happier on the road hunting with Sam or not hunting and living with Lisa (or Jo) and Sam living down the street?
He kept saying how he'd be back with them.
We'll have to agree to disagree on why Dean didn't try to save Sam from the cage. However, I still disagree with you here. I do not for one second think Dean would be happier not hunting. It's not normal and it's not what he tells himself or everyone else but Dean gets off on hunting. Purgatory was probably his idea of heaven minus Sam. Remember when he was in Hell torturing people, he LIKED IT. And he felt so guilty when he got topside because he liked it. Purgatory was a free for all of hunting things he was already killing up here, not souls of humans like in Hell. I don't believe Dean has it in him not to hunt like Sam does. Sam has always longed for that and Dean tells himself he feels the same because he wants to believe he's normal but he knows deep down he's not.

JMHO
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #45
zordude
WDW Fan
 
zordude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Malden, MA
Posts: 11,226
TC CLUB MEMBER
Dean has been to hell, purgatory and heaven now right? Nowhere left to go?
__________________
Crotch facing, butt facing, or Anubis style if possible. - jsmeeker
zordude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #46
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree on why Dean didn't try to save Sam from the cage. However, I still disagree with you here. I do not for one second think Dean would be happier not hunting. It's not normal and it's not what he tells himself or everyone else but Dean gets off on hunting. Purgatory was probably his idea of heaven minus Sam. Remember when he was in Hell torturing people, he LIKED IT. And he felt so guilty when he got topside because he liked it. Purgatory was a free for all of hunting things he was already killing up here, not souls of humans like in Hell. I don't believe Dean has it in him not to hunt like Sam does. Sam has always longed for that and Dean tells himself he feels the same because he wants to believe he's normal but he knows deep down he's not.

JMHO
I think it's more that deep down, he feels that he doesn't deserve to be normal and live a "happy" life as he's loaded with guilt.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #47
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I think it's more that deep down, he feels that he doesn't deserve to be normal and live a "happy" life as he's loaded with guilt.
Oh yes. Dean's lack of any self worth is always a factor. I wish I could shake some sense into him. For someone that knows they spend their entire lives "saving people" and knowing what he's done to keep his brother alive, I just can't understand why he doesn't think he's worthy of anything at all. Argh!

Okay I won't be responding for awhile. I'm about to drive 7 hours to a SPN convention. Expect awesome pics when I return!
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #48
sean67854
Why?
 
sean67854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wouldn't you like to know.
Posts: 3,359
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Dean has been to hell, purgatory and heaven now right? Nowhere left to go?
What about the "other side"? Where his dad is the President, Bobby doesn't wear a hat and Sam has red hair.
__________________
Sean <><
"I'm the keeper of the cheese....."

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,328

Attached Images
File Type: jpg super.jpg (42.1 KB, 134 views)
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,248
Reminds me of a joke that went something like, "You can watch evil creatures battle for dominion over the world, or you can watch the Season Premiere of Supernatural."
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #51
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Okay I won't be responding for awhile. I'm about to drive 7 hours to a SPN convention. Expect awesome pics when I return!

Have fun!
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #52
Shakhari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Dean has been to hell, purgatory and heaven now right? Nowhere left to go?
He's never been to Disney World
Shakhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:26 AM   #53
Rosincrans
mad north-north-west
 
Rosincrans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakhari View Post
He's never been to Disney World
That would be an awesome episode!


__________________
But one day, you grow up, come into your own
Now geek's not rejection - it's a label I own
Then ignorant haters come to prove me wrong
Tell me I'm not nerdy enough to belong

Last edited by Rosincrans : 10-06-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Rosincrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #54
robojerk
Registered User
 
robojerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 1,941
I moved in with my mother in law to save up to buy a home and totally forgot to set the SP on her FIOS box. No CW on demand on FIOS. It was a very traumatic event until I acquired the episode through magical means.

Loved the premiere, Kevin seemed bad ass. Dean's new friend seems like bad news. I think Sam has been going to that cabin periodically knowing Dean may show up. However something doesn't smell right..
__________________
Verizon FIOS + DVR (Los Angeles)
robojerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #55
crowfan
The Dude abides
 
crowfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,165
Quote:
"The rules are simple, Sam. You don't take a joint from a guy named Don and no dogs in the car!"
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I didn't get this line. Is it a reference to some show or movie?

The line that made me LOL was between Kevin and his girlfriend:

"What's going on?"
"There's a demon in you and you're going to your safety school."
"WHAT?"

Loved the premiere. Reminds me of the season where Dean came back and Sam was hunting with Samuel and the Campbells. The show felt weird and the characters were a little off, but it was eventually for good reason. This had that same "off" feeling. Can't wait to find out why!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #56
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowfan View Post
"What's going on?"
"There's a demon in you and you're going to your safety school."
"WHAT?"
I couldn't tell which one it was that bothered her...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #57
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowfan View Post
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I didn't get this line. Is it a reference to some show or movie?
As far as I know it's not, that's kind of why it was funny because it was just so random. Sam seemed to know just what it meant though!
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #58
steve614
what ru lookin at?
 
steve614's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,722
I was curious about that line too.
I figured it had to be a reference to something that happened in an earlier season, or it was a cultural reference.
It went over my head. Details of past seasons have faded.
I feel better if it was just something random that they made up.

Maybe in a future episode, we'll see a guy named Don offer Sam a joint.
__________________
The Man Prayer: I'm a man ...... I can change ...... If I have to ...... I guess.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #59
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Maybe in a future episode, we'll see a guy named Don offer Sam a joint.
Sam...JUST SAY NO!!
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #60
danterner
Not it!
 
danterner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Greenacres, FL
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post

Okay I won't be responding for awhile. I'm about to drive 7 hours to a SPN convention. Expect awesome pics when I return!
So, how was it? Pics?
__________________
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |