TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Castle, OAD 10/8/12 "Your secret's safe with me"

They actually found an actor with a glass eye.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Alfer
WOOSAH!

My wife new the twist the second Castle handed the chief the items she cherished.

I imagine most watchers did as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
My wife new the twist the second Castle handed the chief the items she cherished.

I imagine most watchers did as well.
I saw that coming, but I didn't predict he'd smash the wrong doll first. Then brazenly smash the one he gave her.

Even when trying to hide it, Castle's and Beckette's googly eyes should be fairly obvious to anyone that's looking. And the handshake they did was just as obvious as a full on kiss would have been.

Wonder when the honeymoon will end?
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
SNJpage1

Peter
From the previews looks like maybe next week. There isnt a spoiler tag so cant really say much more.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I saw that coming, but I didn't predict he'd smash the wrong doll first. Then brazenly smash the one he gave her.
He could have at least shaken it first. And once he found it had something, used a dremel tool to cut it open so it could be glued back together (which must be what Wendell did). But Castle can be a dick sometimes.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
bkc56
Designated Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
He could have at least shaken it first. And once he found it had something, used a dremel tool to cut it open so it could be glued back together (which must be what Wendell did). But Castle can be a dick sometimes.
My thought was: if they could get the eye/usb INTO the doll without breaking it, couldn't one also get it OUT?

Breaking the doll(s) had no logic and was only there for the shock value.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc56 View Post
My thought was: if they could get the eye/usb INTO the doll without breaking it, couldn't one also get it OUT?

Breaking the doll(s) had no logic and was only there for the shock value.
Or to show that even when he's being clever Castle can be a complete idiot sometimes, but they clearly weren't going that direction. (I was waiting for somebody to make your point, which could have resulted in Castle spending vast sums on eBay to make his idiocy good.)
Old 10-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Flop

I was thinking about this earlier and wondered why the guy went through all the hassle to break in and steal the glass eye. If he had DNA from the eye from the accident, it should have been simple to get another DNA sample without the break in and glass eye theft. Or was he just comparing the eyes? I think I remember them discussing DNA, but it's been a few days so I could be mistaken.
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Idearat

Castle being a millionaire and all could just buy replacement dolls for the Captain. No real reason to have her back to being angry with him, other than to fit the writer's plans for the series.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
There isnt a spoiler tag so cant really say much more.
It's right here.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (27.9 KB, 142 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Or to show that even when he's being clever Castle can be a complete idiot sometimes, but they clearly weren't going that direction. (I was waiting for somebody to make your point, which could have resulted in Castle spending vast sums on eBay to make his idiocy good.)
Remembering that the A plot and the B plot often mirror one another, it is instructional to remember that Alexis actually asked "how can you be so smart and so clueless at the same time?".

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
markz
Hilarity Ensues

As soon as Castle gave the new boss the doll and then the other cop asked why he couldn't have something free, Castle answered "because you already like me", I know that he would eventually have to break the new boss' doll which would make her mad again.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Remembering that the A plot and the B plot often mirror one another, it is instructional to remember that Alexis actually asked "how can you be so smart and so clueless at the same time?".
Although in this case that seems to have been a coincidence, since they never actually did anything with it or even acknowledged it.

It seems to have been done entirely to piss off the captain again, without any recognition that it was a logically stupid move.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Ereth

I agree. And they completely glossed over the glaring inconsistency of spending the entire episode bemoaning that "nothing of any value" was in the storage unit which lay in stark contrast to the Captains speech upon seeing the Gemini of "do you know how valuable this is.. how hard to find..?"

The one item of value in the entire container, a cop points out it's value to you, and you spend the rest of the hour wondering why you can't find anything of value.

I think the writers were half asleep on this one.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

That doll was worth a $150 bill all day long...