TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Starting this thread proactively for photoshopgrl.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sean67854 : 10-04-2012 at 12:19 PM.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
Starting this thread proactively for photoshopgrl. : D
You cruel bastard, stealing one of the little joys of her life...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Hey, I thought I was doing her a favor. Now she can just come in here and type away without the housekeeping of creating a thread.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Son Of A B>>>>>
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Okay since my thunder was stolen and I didn't get to post the very first episode thread of the season that I have been waiting MONTHS to post... I'll just go over here and attempt to type out my thoughts through my tears.

Coming shortly. Might be a book. I have many feelings on this episode!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Okay first and foremost. WTF. Sam didn't even look for Dean? Really? Not even a little? Not even for a day? That's not 100% OOC or anything. Something else is going on here. I don't buy it and neither does Dean.

Dean. Dean. Dean. Didn't we learn with the whole Sam/Ruby thing that hiding your monsters from your brother is not going to end well? Why the big secret anyhow? Like Sam wouldn't understand that Dean did what he had to get out?

I think both our boys have some serious PTSD going on. Just because Dean is the only one that spent a year in purgatory doesn't mean Sam wasn't suffering. I dare say this was just a fresh version of hell for him. He literally had nobody. NOBODY. I mean literally days after dealing with Lucifer 24/7 for months in his head to the point of sending him to a mental ward, and he's standing alone. I'm not surprised he clung to the first person he made a connection with. Speaking of, I was fully expecting to dislike her just because. I found I didn't. She wasn't in it long enough to have a real opinion but so far so good.

"I knew I smelled dog!" Oh Dean.

Sam giving Dean the burger was awesome. I was literally watering at the eyes over a flipping cheeseburger. Seriously?? That was the moment I was emotional?? I'm weird.

Kevin is resourceful as hell. I think he knew his girl's fate was determined the minute he realized she was a demon. The boy is smart. He's going to make a great member of team win.

And Crowley. YAY! Finally he's the bad guy! I was getting tired of them walking the line with him. Smarmy and downright mean. That's what I like. For some reason Dick just never pulled that off for me. Maybe it's because I just adore Mark Sheppard. And because "Moose!" "Pork Chops!" heh.

I'm sure I'll have more to add as you guys comment too. WHICH YOU BETTER DO SO OR I WILL FIND YOU!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

One thing (among many) that makes me suspicious of Sam is that he left his girlfriend and his dog and ran off to a cabin in the woods...where Dean was able to find him...right before Dean got out.

Seems awfully convenient, even for a Hollywood screenplay...

Kevin was awesome, in those 15 minutes before he had the confidence kicked out of him.

Obviously, there's a story with Cas. Is he signed for this season?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
One thing (among many) that makes me suspicious of Sam is that he left his girlfriend and his dog and ran off to a cabin in the woods...where Dean was able to find him...right before Dean got out.

Seems awfully convenient, even for a Hollywood screenplay...

Kevin was awesome, in those 15 minutes before he had the confidence kicked out of him.
Yes! WTF was that. Was that Rufus' cabin? Why did Sam go there? How did Dean know he'd be there? Also who was in the shadows watching as Sam left her house? Lots of questions. Dean was truly broken hearted over Sammy not looking for him. I need that explained.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Yes! WTF was that. Was that Rufus' cabin? Why did Sam go there? How did Dean know he'd be there? Also who was in the shadows watching as Sam left her house? Lots of questions. Dean was truly broken hearted over Sammy not looking for him. I need that explained.
I think that you're right in that the boys are suffering from PTSD and for Sam, that started pretty much after Dean disappeared and except for the vet, he basically shut down emotionally.

I agree that there's more we don't know yet about what Sam was doing and Dean's deal with "Captain Kelly".

Still, it's a promising start to the season.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Still, it's a promising start to the season.
"Still"?

For me, those are some of the reasons it's a promising start! So much to unravel...
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Obviously, there's a story with Cas. Is he signed for this season?
I really hope that Dean didn't kill Cas to get out of Purgatory.

The brothers have made deals with demons before as needed, but they never became all buddy buddy with them. I'm a little wary of all the "be careful brother" business between Dean and the demon that hitched a ride.

Sam and Dean are the worst "rescuers" ever. Kevin survived for a year on his own, then S&D lead the King of Hell straight to him.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
The brothers have made deals with demons before as needed, but they never became all buddy buddy with them. I'm a little wary of all the "be careful brother" business between Dean and the demon that hitched a ride.
Pretty sure it's a vampire, not demon (observe the teeth)...
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #13
ehusen
Geek not Nerd

Okay, I have to ask, "When you kill a monster in Purgatory, where does he go?"
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Pretty sure it's a vampire, not demon (observe the teeth)...
I couldn't quite remember what creature had those teeth in that universe, I just should have said "bad guys" in place of demon.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehusen View Post
Okay, I have to ask, "When you kill a monster in Purgatory, where does he go?"
Another good question.

Everyone is so up in arms about Sam not looking for Dean. I am too because it seems to OOC to me. BUT hello? WTF Dean HUGGED Benny, like REALLY hugged him like he would (and did) hug Sam. They called each other "brother". I AM SO NOT OKAY WITH THAT CRAP.

So yeah, IMO they are both acting way out of character and I have to assume that is not by accident.

Cannot wait for more!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
They called each other "brother".
Did they?

My impression was that Benny kept calling Dean "brother," and that Dean was maybe not entirely okay with it, but wasn't going to make it into a thing.

But yes, very strange, and I agree, very deliberately strange. There seems to be a lot of deliberately strange things going on. Dare I say, a season's worth?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #17
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
First off, it's one thing to see a town you know the name of or have been to before, it's another to see the town you went to high school in, namely Fairfield, IA.

Has Dean ever really had a secret like this before? He's kept stuff from Sam, like what his dad said to him as he was dying, and the fact that he remembered his time in Hell, but I can't remember anything like this. This is obviously going to either blow up in some spectacular way, or Benny will unexpectedly come to their rescue at some point.
Quote:
I agree that there's more we don't know yet about what Sam was doing and Dean's deal with "Captain Kelly".
I was going to call him Deputy Andy #1.

Sam needs a haircut, it's starting to look ridiculous.

I can't wait to see the flashback to what happened with Cas.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #18
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
My impression was that Benny kept calling Dean "brother," and that Dean was maybe not entirely okay with it, but wasn't going to make it into a thing.
Okay maybe it was just Benny saying brother but Dean HUGGED HIM LIKE SAM. Ugh. I just watched it again to see if Dean called him brother and that hug. The genuine smile on Dean's face. Ugh. Do. Not. Like.

Quote:
Has Dean ever really had a secret like this before? He's kept stuff from Sam, like what his dad said to him as he was dying, and the fact that he remembered his time in Hell, but I can't remember anything like this. This is obviously going to either blow up in some spectacular way, or Benny will unexpectedly come to their rescue at some point.
Not that I can think of. And it's so Ruby feeling. Especially him hiding it, dipping off to make a phone call. If Benny comes to their rescue that will be even more like Ruby. She saved their hides quite a few times. Dare I say, she even helped keep Sam from losing his mind when Dean went to hell and he couldn't find a demon to deal.

Quote:
Sam needs a haircut, it's starting to look ridiculous.
YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!
It's fabulous!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
[/quote]

I have no idea why, but when I saw that pic, my first thought was Michael Bolton.

Yes, I do know he never had hair like that, and now he even has short hair. I did say I have no idea why.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Where is that ignore button???

Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Where is that ignore button???

To be fair, it looks good in that picture, but in the first few scenes of this episode, it really looked bad. Unwashed and flat.

BTW, I say this as an essentially bald man, so perhaps I'm just jealous. Although in high school I had hair like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon and pictures to prove it.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
To be fair, it looks good in that picture, but in the first few scenes of this episode, it really looked bad. Unwashed and flat.

BTW, I say this as an essentially bald man, so perhaps I'm just jealous. Although in high school I had hair like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon and pictures to prove it.
Okay I will give you that. There were a few scenes in the beginning that it didn't look fantastic. But look at it here. It's glorious! heee!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Okay I will give you that. There were a few scenes in the beginning that it didn't look fantastic. But look at it here. It's glorious! heee!

Cristina, I don't know if I've said this before, but your obsession with Sam/Jared and his hair really makes me smile.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Did they?

I could have sworn that when they were talking on the phone at the end that Dean used "brother" as well.

Maybe you are forced to watch Lost reruns in purgatory.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #25
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Cristina, I don't know if I've said this before, but your obsession with Sam/Jared and his hair really makes me smile.
You laugh but I do have an obsession with his hair. I have from the beginning of watching this and I don't know why! BUT you're wrong about my obsession with Jared himself. That falls to Jensen. I just don't go on about it in here because all I would say is rantings about his lips and eyes and freckles and perfection and yeah... sigh.... so I don't need to overdo the 15 year old fangirl in me. I save that for my tumblr blog.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I could have sworn that when they were talking on the phone at the end that Dean used "brother" as well.

Maybe you are forced to watch Lost reruns in purgatory.
Nope just Benny again.

And heee! on the Lost reference.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
You laugh but I do have an obsession with his hair. I have from the beginning of watching this and I don't know why! BUT you're wrong about my obsession with Jared himself. That falls to Jensen. I just don't go on about it in here because all I would say is rantings about his lips and eyes and freckles and perfection and yeah... sigh.... so I don't need to overdo the 15 year old fangirl in me. I save that for my tumblr blog.
HAH! I can only imagine your reaction to his OPT moments.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #28
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
HAH! I can only imagine your reaction to his OPT moments.
I really don't think you can.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Oh and I almost forgot!

"The rules are simple, Sam. You don't take a joint from a guy named Don and no dogs in the car!"
Old 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
"Still"?

For me, those are some of the reasons it's a promising start! So much to unravel...
Bad writing on my part.
I thought I was coming across a bit negative and I'm not.
I'm very interested in what's going on here.

Quote:
Another good question.

Everyone is so up in arms about Sam not looking for Dean. I am too because it seems to OOC to me. BUT hello? WTF Dean HUGGED Benny, like REALLY hugged him like he would (and did) hug Sam. They called each other "brother". I AM SO NOT OKAY WITH THAT CRAP.

So yeah, IMO they are both acting way out of character and I have to assume that is not by accident.

Cannot wait for more!!!!
The other thought that I had is that it's a tad hypocritical of Dean to lay into Sam for taking the time off.

After all, Dean took off about the same amount of time to "play house" with Lisa and Ben.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote