TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
VegasVic
Craps Player

Survivor - 9/26/12

Hmmm, seems as if the new season isn't grabbing much attention here. I can see why. It takes time to get to know everyone but so far this season is boring as hell.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
InterMurph

I disagree; I think there are some good players this year, and some interesting players.

I thought Malcolm was going to be a good player, but in last night's episode, he seemed like a useless bro.

His tribe was foolish to vote off Roxy before Miss Utah. They are equally weak, but only one is snuggling with another tribe member.

Russell is simply not good at this game.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Donbadabon
Geocacher

You know what would make this season better? Cookies.
Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

This episode had a couple of "off camera magic" moments that jumped out at me.

I thought it was interesting that Penner used the excuse about a missing contact lens when covering up that he was looking for the immunity idol. For a group of people who sometimes have don't enough water to drink, how could their hands possibly be clean enough to put in contacts? How come they never show the competitors dealing with that?

Also, I noticed that Jeff Kent mysteriously had a neoprene knee brace on during the challenge. If he really messed up his MCL one would think that the assessment and treatment of the injury was significant enough to be shown on camera.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I thought it was interesting Penner ran off jumping up and down in celebration after finding the idol and as he's doing it he's going down a path with someone walking towards him. How'd he explain that ne?

I'd much rather look at Mrs. Fields, glad they kept her, the other girl must have been really useless or annoying for them to vote her off.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
VegasVic
Craps Player

I don't find the beauty queen all that attractive. At least from the neck up. And I don't know how people that dumb make it through life. I guess you use the assets you do have.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
Best line ever! Probst face when she said that was priceless. I found both women equally annoying and both useless in the challenge. Whatshername boobie girl hiding during the puzzle part of the challenge after she wore herself out was just sad, but the other girl was complaining too.

Come on - it has been said a lot, but don't you know what you are getting into and get yourself in shape a bit before the game starts? Learn to light a fire, do some physical exercises to build up strength and stamina...you know you are going to need these things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I loved that Jeff called her out on it in tribal, I know TC lasts a lot longer than we see, but that was very entertaining in my book.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
ireland967

I think Jeff may have been the only one to realize MUtah understood the question and was absolutely dead serious in her answer. Malcolm's attempt to explain it off, and Jeff calling him on it was hilarious.
ireland967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post

His tribe was foolish to vote off Roxy before Miss Utah. They are equally weak, but only one is snuggling with another tribe member.
Utah and her snuggle buddy may be allied, but no more so than Roxy and Russel would have been if she stayed.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
ireland967

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Utah and her snuggle buddy may be allied, but no more so than Roxy and Russel would have been if she stayed.
I think it was a bad move for Russel and Denise with a tribe of 4 left. You have to expect the snugglers to vote together next time, so at best R&D can tie the vote.
ireland967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
dfergie

Quote:
And Miss Utah did participate where Roxy "didn't drink enough water" to participate in the challenge.
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
pmyers

If somebody doesn't bring cookies to the live finale, I will be extremely dissapointed!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
InterMurph

Quote:
No way. These two are attracted to each other, and have a bond that won't be broken until one of them is voted out.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
VegasVic
Craps Player

But she's just a little sister to him
Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
brianric

Dalton Ross comments:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...pisode-2-roxy/
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
VegasVic
Craps Player

Another week where reading his recap is more entertaining than the show itself.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Best quote of the article - dalton is talking about the tribal vote -

Quote:
So now the selection will come down to either Boobs McGee or Speaking in Tongues getting the boot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
kettledrum

Quote:
I agree with this. Denise was in a hard spot. No matter what she voted, she would still be up against a pair of voters. So she went with her original alliance she had with Malcolm.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Come on - it has been said a lot, but don't you know what you are getting into and get yourself in shape a bit before the game starts? Learn to light a fire, do some physical exercises to build up strength and stamina...you know you are going to need these things.
The weird thing is that didn't Boobs say last week that she was a runner, and not good at puzzles, and that was why Russell mismanaged the challenge? Then this week she doesn't think she can run twice (although she ended up doing so)? Granted, this wasn't just running, it also involved pulling a sled through sand, but still.

Even so, Roxy was super-annoying so I'm glad she's gone.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Maybe blondie answered cookies because she really wasn't into giving up any info at TC so she came up with a totally lame answer? She had that I know something you don't know look on her face the whole TC... and the vote ended up 4-1.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
dirtypacman
MASS Zombie Hunter

I have been pleasantly surprised with the cast and dynamics that have already played out. I was hoping Roxy could have been a stronger player but she did not have a very good personality mixed with the rest of the group.

I don't blame Malcom for sticking close to Boobies, almost any guy would do the same thing. Its just natural, and she may be a bit dumb but I think she seems very sweet to me.

Blair (for better of not knowing her name) is either going to be the first voted from her tribe or as I have seen in years past become a lot stronger after being out there for a couple weeks. You know the kind - almost ready to give up week 1-2 but by 4-5 are in the midst of the game and playing it hard.

I really dislike Jeff Probst - just saying. I have never enjoyed him as the host, not year 1 not now. I am very happy his talk show is failing miserably. I know others really enjoy his interviews and his personality but I have always found him to be less then likable.

Going back in the episode, who did not know the Immunity Idol was hiding exactly where we all expected it to be. I am sorry but I would have had that day 1 moments after seeing the rice.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
dirtypacman
MASS Zombie Hunter

Oh and I would not be surprised to see the tribes mixed up by next week or the following. That is Survivor and they never really do a very good job at surprising the viewers anymore. I don't expect any of the 3 tribes to stay at 4 players very long.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland967 View Post
I think it was a bad move for Russel and Denise with a tribe of 4 left. You have to expect the snugglers to vote together next time, so at best R&D can tie the vote.
Except that Denise is in an alliance with Malcolm, so if they go to TC again before any kind of switch or merge, Denise will vote with Malcolm and Angie and Russell will be gone. I think that's a much better position for Denise to be in than for her to align with Russell. She'll have a much better chance manipulating Malcolm and having a say in that alliance. With Russell and Roxy, she'd just be along for the ride.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #25
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Going back in the episode, who did not know the Immunity Idol was hiding exactly where we all expected it to be. I am sorry but I would have had that day 1 moments after seeing the rice.
They've had rice every season, you would have been wrong every other season they had an immunity idol.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
WO312

I don't get Jeff going ape**** over the cookie comment. I thought Roxy's comment was just as bad - something about wishing everybody didn't work so hard when they got back from a challenge.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
I don't get Jeff going ape**** over the cookie comment. I thought Roxy's comment was just as bad - something about wishing everybody didn't work so hard when they got back from a challenge.
I didn't think her answer was all that bad either. Jeff is trying to stir things up at TC and get people to say more than they should, and her answer, IMO, was, "I'm not going to play your game, Jeff".
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #28
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Her answer was the second dumbest answer ever given by a beauty contestant.

Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
I didn't think her answer was all that bad either. Jeff is trying to stir things up at TC and get people to say more than they should, and her answer, IMO, was, "I'm not going to play your game, Jeff".
wow are you giving her a lot of credit.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

She's playing a game for $1 million, and her tribe has lost the first two challenges, putting herself and everyone else on her team at a huge disadvantage in winning that $1 million. They're tired and hungry and cold. She's made the tactical mistake of pairing up with someone else in the tribe. And the only thing she could come up with about what she wished was different about her tribe is that she wished they had cookies?

If Angie intended the cookie comment as "I'm just going to give a silly answer because I'm playing things close to the vest" then more power to her. But the way they edited it just made her look stupid. And I find it hard to believe she was being strategic with that answer.