Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #121
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I will never, ever, catch up. This list is just the shows that I'm behind on. The shows that I'm current on don't appear on the list until a new episode airs. I'm spoilerizing just due to length.

Spoiler:

I didn't know the BBC did a Dirk Gently series. I love Douglas Adams sense of humor and really enjoyed the books. I see that it wasn't renewed. (Not surprised, but disappointed.) I have already started downloading the a torrent of the season. Thanks!

This will of course bump a bunch of shows further down the queue now!
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #122
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
8 days now of no TV. Piggy back that onto what I was trying to catch up on because of baseball and it's going to be almost impossible catching up on stuff.

How long do the network sites (or Hulu) keep shows for? I'm concerned that by the time I catch up on what I have on the DVR I won't be able to access the other episodes I missed online.
Torrents are your friend. Given your watching patterns, you really should already be using this method for storing the shows you're behind on.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #123
laria
Librocubicularist

Most of them only keep the previous 5 episodes online.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #124
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Season 6 sucked. You should just skip it. There was a very thorough "Previously On" segment before the beginning of S7E1 that summarized all of S6. I'd recommend just skipping 6 and starting with 7.
I like Dexter too much to skip a season. Even if it is a bad one.

Still haven't started watching it though.

Have started watching Arrested Development off Netflix again. Third time through the series. Actually, I'm already well into season 3. Doing this and my DVR is half filled with shows I need to watch.

Calgon, take me away!!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #125
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Torrents are your friend. Given your watching patterns, you really should already be using this method for storing the shows you're behind on.
and a REALLY BIG hard drive..years ago when i got my laptop i never thought i'd use up 320..now i'm constantly against the top

have to use my PC to d/l now and store on that massive drive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #126
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
My TiVo hasn't been 100% empty since 2005. I even took a picture, because that was the first time it WAS EVER empty since we started with TiVo in 2001. Now we have three TiVos...though the third one is pretty much kid stuff only (repeats of things on the downstairs tv) so technically we could delete all that).
I kinda cheat though. If I get more than like 10 episodes of a show on my DVR, I delete them and download the shows to my PC off usenet. I can stream stuff off my PC to my Blu-ray player. So, it really doesn't look any different. Plus, someone was nice enough to remove the commercials.

I've got multiple seasons of shows sitting on my PC that I don't know if I'll ever get to.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #127
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Nope, as stated in numerous threads, I don't trust them, and the legality of them is dubious at best. Seen more of my share of virii (viruses?) coming from torrent downloads.

DirecTV has some on demand from the networks, Hulu, network websites, I'll find what I need, or, and maybe this is even better, it will force me to cut out shows that I am just watching for the sake of watching at this point, like Nikita and a couple of others.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #128
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Most of them only keep the previous 5 episodes online.
Five would do. If I have power soon (maybe tonight...trucks working on my street as we speak) I could start catching up with whats on the DVR and then watch the rest online. I'm glad I bought the HDMI adapter for my iPad and my phone does HDMI as well, so it shouldn't' be too much of a hassle watching stuff. I'll just have to go through the history of shows missed on my DVR and then figure out when to watch them.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #129
mattack

It's not dubious, it's CLEARLY illegal.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #130
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Power back, now the task of catching up on my shows. Should be fun
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #131
allan
I survived the Mayan

I'm behind again. I've been doing non-TV stuff the last few evenings, recorded a couple extra shows, and totally forgot about a show that's back from a hiatus. I've got at least 4 shows that I intend to watch, and haven't yet.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #132
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
It's not dubious, it's CLEARLY illegal.
i'm betting every person does one thing a day that is clearly illegal....on average

!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #133
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

I don't think you are missing anything in any of them. I tried them all and said 'bleh'.

I think if mine were to die I would be sad for the shows that I have saved for a couple years on it. Including the TiVo that I bought from you that you got from Allie that still had shows on it that neither of you remembered.
You still have shows from when we had it?! I have to know what they are!

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #134
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
You still have shows from when we had it?! I have to know what they are!
if they are 4 hour PPV blocks we may not want to know

!

Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #135
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i'm betting every person does one thing a day that is clearly illegal....on average
This is true. But, if there are legal (and free or inexpensive) alternatives to doing something illegal, why bother? If it's because there's no commercials, well, I've dealt with commercials most of my adult life, I can deal with them and help support the fact they are giving me an alternative when I just can't watch or record a show using my DVR.

It's not that difficult to watch. It's more difficult to just figure out what I missed. I'm going to go through the history on my DVR and try and figure it out tonight.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #136
astrohip
Stuart F

I am caught up now, but tonight is gonna be challenging...

Six hours of shows I regularly watch, plus the Firefly special. AND... the Texans play Chicago on Sunday Night Football, two 7-1 teams. I'm not a big football fan, but even I gotta keep an eye on this game.

Time to get to work!
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #137
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
plus the Firefly special.
This is why Firefly episodes were being played all day today. Glad I have that wishlist setup as I am set to record it without even knowing!

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #138
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I give up. I'm never catching up. My TV hasn't even been turned on since I watched SPN last Wed night. I want to watch but I just can't seem to get to it!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #139
allan
I survived the Mayan

I'm about as caught up as I get on a Tuesday. Which means I have one major show and several miscellaneous ones that I plan to watch, a number of shows that I might see, and a whole bleep-load of shows that I know I won't get to before they go poof.

BEEP
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #140
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I give up. I'm never catching up. My TV hasn't even been turned on since I watched SPN last Wed night. I want to watch but I just can't seem to get to it!!
you need to take a week off work to catch up

!

Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #141
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
you need to take a week off work to catch up
I do have a long weekend next week for Thanksgiving and only a few hours required at my parents. I might be able to make a dent in it!!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #142
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
I do have a long weekend next week for Thanksgiving and only a few hours required at my parents. I might be able to make a dent in it!!
before i expanded my old hdtivo years ago i would have tv watching days where i took off just for tv..thats when i had tons of time saved lol

!

Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #143
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
before i expanded my old hdtivo years ago i would have tv watching days where i took off just for tv..thats when i had tons of time saved lol
Haha! I would totally do that too! Unfortunately I like to nickle and dime myself out of my vacation time. Day here, two days there. Next thing you know I owe them hours!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #144
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Haha! I would totally do that too! Unfortunately I like to nickle and dime myself out of my vacation time. Day here, two days there. Next thing you know I owe them hours!
Been there, done still doing that!

BEEP
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #145
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
Been there, done still doing that!
Retired. No longer have to do that.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #146
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
long time ago they gave us all our vacation in january..some idiots used it all up very quickly so they switched back to per period accrual..idiots!

!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #147
mattack

One of my "goals" for my week off next week (we get the whole Thanksgiving week off) is to watch a ton of stuff on my Tivo. Heck, my P4 is only a few weeks old and in the high 80s of percent full.. There are a COUPLE of things in HD on there, so they took up a lot of space. (I was playing with recording in HD since I had some space..) Some things (talk show bits) I can transfer off to computer when I have some time/free up some space on the computer drive.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #148
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
One of my "goals" for my week off next week (we get the whole Thanksgiving week off) is to watch a ton of stuff on my Tivo. Heck, my P4 is only a few weeks old and in the high 80s of percent full.. There are a COUPLE of things in HD on there, so they took up a lot of space. (I was playing with recording in HD since I had some space..) Some things (talk show bits) I can transfer off to computer when I have some time/free up some space on the computer drive.
Thanksgiving to New Years is traditionally my chance to catch up on everything that got backed up during baseball postseason (and usually the odd hockey game). This year with 8 days of no power thanks to Sandy, I'm DOUBLY backed up. I also have a ton of movies and documentaries that I enjoy watching saved up as well. I'd love to get caught up so I can turn in this DVR since it has a wonky ethernet port.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #149
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

A yay for me---666 Park Place was canceled. DELETE GROUP!

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #150
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I hate that all the Competition shows are two hours now. They simply can't hold my attention for that long. We've taken to simply watching one hour of each one and then catching the last hour the next night. Unfortunately, this has created quite a huge backlog.

We are still about 4 episodes (that'd be about 8 HOURS) behind on "The Voice" and "Dancing with the Stars". I guess we must like X Factor the most because it's the only one we are current with.

I told my wife, we'll be glad we have this backlog when the Holidays hit.