Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #61
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
My TiVo hasn't been 100% empty since 2005. I even took a picture, because that was the first time it WAS EVER empty since we started with TiVo in 2001. Now we have three TiVos...though the third one is pretty much kid stuff only (repeats of things on the downstairs tv) so technically we could delete all that).
same hard drive all those years? if so thats impressive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #62
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post

same hard drive all those years? if so thats impressive
Nope. I was trying to condense my post since I was on the phone. We've had a few variety of TiVos since then, and none of them have ever been empty since that one in 2005. Technically I guess they were empty when we bought them, but we started recording and they haven't been empty since.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #63
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Wow, was more behind than I thought, I have about 6 or 7 shows I need to catch up on to stay current. But baseball post season starts tonight (or as my son calls it, the month of no sleep). So I expect to be 2-3 episodes behind on most of my stuff until probably Thanksgiving.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #64
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Nope. I was trying to condense my post since I was on the phone. We've had a few variety of TiVos since then, and none of them have ever been empty since that one in 2005. Technically I guess they were empty when we bought them, but we started recording and they haven't been empty since.
ah ok..i still think tivo needs to have a backup system in place..im sure people would pay a buck a month to have an external drive act like a backup drive. much fewer complaints about dead drives too

!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #65
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Wow, was more behind than I thought, I have about 6 or 7 shows I need to catch up on to stay current. But baseball post season starts tonight (or as my son calls it, the month of no sleep). So I expect to be 2-3 episodes behind on most of my stuff until probably Thanksgiving.
Same here. Hopefully a few of the new shows that will pile up will be canned. Unfortunately I am hooked on DIY shows at the moment, so they are starting to add up as well as the sitcom/drama/Discovery type stuff.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #66
Sadara
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post
We're really behind too. I keep hoping that some of what we recorded will get canceled so we can just delete what's on the Tivo.

deb
Same here!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #67
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
There was an S2 of Shark? I thought it got canceled before the end of S1. Either way, why would you save old episodes of a pointless procedural show like that?
Because it wasn't pointless, it was entertaining. (Yeah, even though they're "still" on my Tivo.)

I actually independently thought of basically the same idea as Shark (SO HAVE A MILLION OTHER PEOPLE, I'm not claiming it was clever).. There are tons of shows about people who leave the DA to become private attorneys.. This is the only time I've ever seen it done in reverse.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #68
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Of those you listed, it looks like you never watched any episodes of The Firm or Ringer. They're both now canceled. So those seem like an easy place to start.
SO WHAT if they were cancelled. The Firm is one of the more entertaining shows of the past few years.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #69
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

I'm the opposite. Empty TIVOs throughout the house.

I'm totally over reality shows and now really dislike them. I don't have HBO or Showtime, so don't get some of the best stuff.

I have very little to watch.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #70
rambler

I need to watch:

4 Mad Men episodes
2 full seasons of Dexter (plus the new ep)
All of The Wire
All of 24

Up to date with:
Mentalist
Shark Tank
The Office
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad

This is about all I watch.
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #71
Hcour

I'm always behind this time of year because of trying out new shows but mainly because of sports. College football, pro football, the Olympics this year, and now MLB playoffs coming up. I find sports pretty much have to be watched within a day or two of airing, otherwise too many spoilers all over the place, so a lot of regular tv has to be put off.

I don't mind having lots of shows on "backlog", just means I have plenty of variety and choices to watch whatever I'm in the mood for. I've got Masterpiece Theater's and Nova's from two years ago, a bunch of Mission Impossible's and Columbo's, and all kinds of HBO and Showtime goodies. I also like to have a bunch of eps or even a whole season of my favorite series so I can have a marathon and don't have to wait a week for the next ep. In fact I watch only a few series week to week, I prefer marathons.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #72
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
I need to watch:

4 Mad Men episodes
2 full seasons of Dexter (plus the new ep)
All of The Wire
All of 24

Up to date with:
Mentalist
Shark Tank
The Office
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad

This is about all I watch.
Simple. Stop watching everything else

Watch The Wire straight through

Then resume watching others (well sneak in Break Bad (when back) and SOA)

MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #73
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I finally stopped Glee and deleted this season. It feels good.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #74
allan
I survived the Mayan

I blame the holiday! I was watching old stuff yesterday evening, and I totally forgot about my two Monday night shows becauce it didn't SEEM like Monday. Now I have to avoid the Revolution spoilers until I can get to it.

BEEP
allan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #75
nyny523
Oy

I am behind, too.

But happily, I have a big external hard drive attached to my Tivo and I can record and store hundreds of shows without a problem.

I feel like I will never catch up, but I always do...it just might take a while! I am not giving up any of the shows I enjoy.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #76
mattack

Well, my local Comcast finally flipped the switch, so analog went away.. I was using analog for a VERY few daily recordings (World News Now, plus one or two other things, plus sometimes "I need more tuners" recordings).. So I think by this weekend at the latest, I'm going to get a Premiere 4.. I have Viggle-earned Best Buy GCs for most of the hardware's price.

That's only vaguely relevant to this thread, because if I have fewer tuners, I have fewer things to record, so it's harder to get "so behind"… but WANTING to record more and not being able to is annoying. (Yes, I do this to have a big backlog that lasts through most of the summer, esp when there are some summer reality shows I do like). I even dumped shows sooner than I might have otherwise this season. There's only a couple of new shows I picked up so far (Revolution and I think one or two sitcoms).
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #77
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
i just FF thru the songs and it goes much quicker that way.

!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #78
Sadara
huh?

I'm actually close to killing the season pass for Survivor and deleting the episodes I have. I keep skipping over it.... I'm totally not interested in this season and neither is my husband, so much other TV we'd rather watch and by the time we might get around to watching it we'll be backed up by 5 or 6 episodes.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #79
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Seriously, in my old age I have trouble keeping up with all of the shows, and since I can't easily horde them from UVerse, I'll go on a video diet.

I also got my new Mac working well and discovered that HDMI carries video AND audio. (I heard rumors to that effect.) I hooked it up to my computer TV and it works great.

I just watched TWIT and I have checked out Hulu and Amazon Instant Video. Nerd Nirvana.

My AVR doesn't support audio over HDMI so I've had TOSlink and other black boxes to hook up audio.

I just ordered several splitter and switch gadgets from Monoprice so I can have the computer with digital on the big screen and the TV on the PC TV. I can do two screens and have all the sources working. I still may be in remote hell but that can be addressed.

So with all of these choices, not to mention what I can get on UVerse VoD, and hours of shows backed up, I'm going to be a lot more critical of what can have my hard drive space. Bye, Revolution.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #80
mattack

Why are you watching Hulu? It's got commercials, wasting ~25% of your time.

(Revolution is good!)
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #81
laria
Librocubicularist

I am already super behind on lots of stuff.

This is also problematic because one of our TiVos, the drive is dying, and needs to be replaced with the new one from Weaknees. But it has like 40 hours of stuff on it already to be watched! And so does the other one... it will take me a long time to transfer it temporarily to the other one so I can install the new drive, then transfer the tv back.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #82
bleagaradu

Started deadwood now, still can catch up on BBT MF SOA The Mentalist Cant help my self
bleagaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #83
allan
I survived the Mayan

Caught up with my major stuff. Still got plenty of minor stuff unwatched, but I never get all of that before it goes poof.

BEEP
allan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #84
lambertman
I'm a man, I'm 40

I'm letting Go On and Vegas go at this point. Which means I'm down to just two new shows, Elementary and Nashville (I was looking for any possible reason to not watch Nashville, but the pilot ended up being really entertaining. Those jerks!).

and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #85
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I am only 1-3 days behind usually except for some shows I was late to the game on. Right now, I am watching Breaking Bad whenever I have free time. I am almost through the 2nd season.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #86
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleagaradu View Post
Started deadwood now, still can catch up on BBT MF SOA The Mentalist Cant help my self
deadwood is mucho fun! watching it all the way thru at once is a delight

im starting S2 of the sopranos tomorrow probly..just a few more seasons to go

!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #87
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Welcome to the light!

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #88
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
i just FF thru the songs and it goes much quicker that way.
Huh. I FF until I get to the songs. It goes even quicker that way.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #89
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Huh. I FF until I get to the songs. It goes even quicker that way.
you must get thru 2 hour american idol in 18 min

!

Old 10-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #90
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
you must get thru 2 hour american idol in 18 min
Stopped watching that in S3 or thereabouts. Don't miss it even a little.