TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I am so behind on so many shows!

I don't know how I did it last season. I'm already behind on so many shows and half the ones I watch haven't started yet. AND Supernatural starts tomorrow. Then I have that convention (shut up) this weekend so I won't be getting any watched then either. I think I need to drop some more. But I don't know what to drop, I really like everything I record!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
You should probably just skip Supernatural and catch up on the others.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
dinglehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I don't know how I did it last season. I'm already behind on so many shows and half the ones I watch haven't started yet. AND Supernatural starts tomorrow. Then I have that convention (shut up) this weekend so I won't be getting any watched then either. I think I need to drop some more. But I don't know what to drop, I really like everything I record!
This is why I have an Elite with 4TB of space. Getting behind and then playing catch up is how I get through the summer season!
Sony 55" LED TV
KEF KHT 2005 Speaker System
XBOX 360
dinglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Cainebj

Me too.

I said to a co-worker last night DAMN these 2 hour reality competition shows are totally screwing with the actual TV I have sitting on my TiVo.

By the time I get through 9 hours of The Voice, X-Factor and DWTS who has time for drama and comedies?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

We're already behind, too. Part of the problem is that by the time we get the kids in bed, we've only got an hour or so each night to watch stuff, but we record more than an hour a night that we like to watch together. And then there is the stuff that I record to watch on my own, which I watch after she goes to bed, and I've been falling asleep pretty early lately, so there's quite a backlog of those shows as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
You should probably just skip Supernatural and catch up on the others.
I shall not even dignify that with a response.
(well not a response other than this non response right here. hee)

I haven't watched any of Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Parks, Office, Fringe, Haven, Mentalist... I could go on. And that isn't even counting things that I haven't finished from summer like White Collar and Weeds! I haven't been able to even add a single new show like Revolution or Animal Practice or whatever else I was considering. I think I have to just skip all new series for now.

Oh and I hate twitter jerks that like to ruin big moments. Now I know something about Sons that I DID NOT want to know. Ugh.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Aniketos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
...9 hours of The Voice, X-Factor and DWTS...
That sounds like an advanced form of torture.
Aniketos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Yeah I didn't make Xfactor again and at this rate there is no way I'll be watching Idol.
Oh and I didn't even watch SYTYCD this season past the initial auditions.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
Church AV Guy

Quote:
You could always drop sleep completely from your schedule. That'll only work for a while though. How about dropping work? Okay, maybe not. I too have your problem with too much to watch and not enough time.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
WhiskeyTango

Before the fall tv season started this year, I had about 30 hours of programming. I'm already up over 50 hours and that doesn't even include the probably 200 hours on my two 'backup' Tivos. I still have a 4 part series called Guests of the Ayatollah about the Iranian hostage crisis that I haven't got to yet...I recorded it on January 1, 2007.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
You could always drop sleep completely from your schedule. That'll only work for a while though. How about dropping work? Okay, maybe not. I too have your problem with too much to watch and not enough time.
Funny thing is, last year at this time I was mad if it was much later than 9:30 when I went to bed since I get up at 3:15am. I cannot tell you the last time I was in bed before 10 and most nights it's more like 11pm. So yeah, sleep is already severely compromised!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
TonyD79

I'm with you. I don't understand what happened. I was all caught up in late August. And now bam!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
brianric

Quote:
Funny thing is, last year at this time I was mad if it was much later than 9:30 when I went to bed since I get up at 3:15am. I cannot tell you the last time I was in bed before 10 and most nights it's more like 11pm. So yeah, sleep is already severely compromised!
Try retirement. I wake up when I feel like it.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Try retirement. I wake up when I feel like it.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
I recorded it on January 1, 2007.
THAT is the perfect example of life with a TiVo.
I actually just deleted some things I had on there from 2008.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

So am I!

I record Amazing Race and here it starts again with season 21. I just finished downloading the 1st episode. Its all on my 2 TB drive on my PC. I haven't even begun to watch season 17 yet. So, that.s 4 seasons I need to catch up on. The only plus side is that I had removed the commercials.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
mattack

Quote:
I said to a co-worker last night DAMN these 2 hour reality competition shows are totally screwing with the actual TV I have sitting on my TiVo.

By the time I get through 9 hours of The Voice, X-Factor and DWTS who has time for drama and comedies?
Once "The Voice" goes into the actual competitions, I start watching JUST the actual singing, and FFing through virtually everything else. (I might watch a BIT of the 'twist' coverage this year, and sometimes a tiny bit of the mentoring, but virtually none..) So I watch a ~2 hour show in like 15-20 minutes and get the entertainment I wanted out of it.

X-Factor and American idol, I watch everything BUT the competition faster than realtime on my other recorder.. so "get through" a 2 hour show in around an hour. (I know, I make it sound like a job.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
mattack

Quote:
You're thumbs downing retirement?!?!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
mattack

Quote:
THAT is the perfect example of life with a TiVo.
I actually just deleted some things I had on there from 2008.
Well, if I hadn't've had a S3 Tivo drive that died (drive + Tivo itself died), I think I'd have shows that old too.. Actually, I think I have some older than that on my S1..

But I actually DO go back and watch things that old sometimes. I know I have at least most of S2 of Shark (yikes, 2007-2008 season) on my S1..
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
You're thumbs downing retirement?!?!
Yes because I have a loooooooooooooong way before that.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I'm behind on so many shows I can't even begin to list them all...

The last (entire) seasons of:
Psych
Eureka
Doctor Who
American Pickers
Mythbusters
Pawn Stars

I just deleted Project Runway unseen because we just don't have time.

And I'm about 40-50 eps behind on Ellen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #22
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

I've stopped watching any show that has 2 hour long episodes. It has really helped clear up the backlog.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #23
Archangel00

Things on HBO and/or SHO you can catch up on anytime with on demand. Just caught up with Weeds myself after re-activating SHO for Dexter and Homeland.

May not want to bother with Revolution either. I think I made it 15 minutes into the pilot and deleted the SP and all 3 eps I had on back log.

Even knowing something about SOA you didn't want to know won't reduce the impact of actually watching it that much. Trust me....
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #24
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Even knowing something about SOA you didn't want to know won't reduce the impact of actually watching it that much. Trust me....
I'm sure it won't. But I haven't even watched the first episode so I'll just be crying into my pillow from the get go here!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I am mostly caught up on the current shows. Maybe only a couple of days behind. I DO have 47 episodes of Breaking Bad which I may or may not get to eventually. But it's October and baseball post season starts, so I will fall WAY behind again, and maybe catch up by Christmas.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
... I DO have 47 episodes of Breaking Bad which I may or may not get to eventually. ...
May not? Not an option, sorry. We just finished through S04 on Netflix. It is an amazing show, just amazing. Certainly one of the best things out there. Of course, I won't tell you not to watch Yankee baseball.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #27
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

It's been difficult for me to keep up with new new shows, plus returning shows. It's only going to get worse when more returning shows come back (when will Gossip Girl come back? It will be the final season!!). All this travel is killing me. I fear I'll run out of space when I'm in Ohio three straight weeks (again!!) starting the last week in October and going through the second week in November.

Maybe I need to pare out some new shows. I'll get a second look at a few this weekend. Maybe I'll be able to drop one or two. Of course, there is still a show that has yet to air.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #28
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:

well unless you have TBs on your tivo, you can d/l all the stuff to your computer and watch 'later' on, ...then in the dead time and summer you can have a blast,

i watched all seasons of boardwalk and lost girl over summer and it really meant more to see them close together vs waiting week after week. i almost prefer to do that but cannot due to time being so short

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Soze View Post
May not? Not an option, sorry. We just finished through S04 on Netflix. It is an amazing show, just amazing. Certainly one of the best things out there. Of course, I won't tell you not to watch Yankee baseball.
As discussed in a couple of threads over the summer, I'm not sold on Breaking Bad. I'm just starting S2, and I have found it kind of boring actually. So this is something I'll give a shot if I have time. Also working my way through Mad Men which I like a bit better because I like the period piece, but that's on Netflix.

To each his own. I can see why some might like it. Just not really my cup of tea.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
well unless you have TBs on your tivo, you can d/l all the stuff to your computer and watch 'later' on, ...then in the dead time and summer you can have a blast,

i watched all seasons of boardwalk and lost girl over summer and it really meant more to see them close together vs waiting week after week. i almost prefer to do that but cannot due to time being so short
Well with FIOS, we can't transfer any HBO shows to the PC for storage via TTG which really sucks. We did that with Boardwalk Empire. (Actually watched the first two seasons this summer.)

Last edited by waynomo : 10-03-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Insert "HBO" oops
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote