TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
siratfus

LCD HDMI Input reselects/flicker question

TIVOHD XL recently replaced with WD20EURS 2TB

Something peculiar I've noticed after I've replaced my hard drive because I know the former drive (wd20eads) did not do this. Every-time I go to the Tivo Menu or go back to live tv, the screen will black out momentarily because the HDMI input is reelecting itself again. I know it's the input because the LCD's info banner will say "HDMI 1" then go away.

This was not happening before. It's bugging me. Does this have anything to do with hard drive model? Does this happen to anybody else? Should it be a concern? Can I get rid of it?

Thank you.

Last edited by siratfus : 09-20-2012 at 11:34 AM.
siratfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
bobbythegeek

There are timing and error reporting differences between the various 2TB WD green drives (EARS, EADS, EURS) that could affect performance. Some drives are faster and some drives approach error reporting and recovery differently. This is appropriate as drives are designed for different purposes, such as A/V.

Also, there could be a renegotiation of the HDMI video signal. If this is the cause, it might help to set the Tivo to a single "Video output format", such as 1080i or 720p.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
siratfus

Bobbythegeek, thank you for the tips! I changed the video output in the tivo settings to 1080i Hybrid and that did the trick! My LCD is capable of all the outputs, so I thought I was supposed to have it on NATIVE. Thanks again!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
siratfus

Correction.. 1080i FIXED did the trick, not hybrid. In case anyone has this same issue.