TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

The Amazing Race 9/30/12 *spoilers*

Meh, no defining opening challenge, but I will say that those Sri Lankan girls are REALLY annoying and can leave my screen at any time.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Meh, no defining opening challenge, but I will say that those Sri Lankan girls are REALLY annoying and can leave my screen at any time.
They are SO annoying.... they can't leave my screen soon enough and I'm only half way through the first episode !!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

OMG! Totally agree-they were all "I love my sister-I am so blessed to be a twin" and two seconds into the race they are at each other's throats-sooooo annoying!

I thought the Monster Truck racers were doomed after they had to do the eating challenge twice. Too bad they were spared-I do not care for the man. BTW how funny was it when the one guy said to his partner "Haven't you ever eaten fallopian tube before?" And she said "I have two-please don't eat them" - Funny, but gross!

I am glad the Chippendales are still there-nice to have some eye candy-but they need to get their act together, they are none too bright.

Glad to see lumberjack man gone. Even more arrogant than Monster Truck Man.

On a side note, soooo glad the football didn't run over by more than a minute or two.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
BrandonRe

Agreed about the twins. Chippendoofuses are pretty annoying as well. Early favorites for me are the rockers and the UT football player/cheerleader. I did like how gracious all of them seemed toward the champion after they were humiliated at the ping pong challenge.
BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
etexlady

Totally agree about the twins...OMG please send them home. I don't like the couple who came in first or were "helped to come in first." The male had the female in an arm lock and was kissing and sucking on her all the time Phil was congratulating them. Jerk. I hope the lady who helped them find the last clue learned the lesson that you cannot help fellow contestants without expecting to be kicked to the curb once they have what they want.
etexlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
Marc

TC CLUB MEMBER
The "goat farmer" team looked familiar to me. Then I realized that I recognized them from a commercial I had seen for The Fabulous Beekman Boys reality program.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
bryhamm
randomize

Why oh why would you tell someone else where to go?

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #8
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

The chances of winning the first and last leg are slim but.. Wow, how tough to come in 2nd after helping the team that came in first. Brutal. At least the guy apologized as he passed them on the run.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

This is the most dysfunctional group of teams I've seen in my 7 or 8 years of watching TAR. I lost track of the teams I was rooting against...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
Azlen

Was it just me or did it seem almost too casual at the end? The final two teams were there at the same time yet it didn't seem like they were really even racing. They all just kinda walked up together.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #11
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
The chances of winning the first and last leg are slim
It happens more often than you'd expect:

In the previous 20 races, 12 of the teams who won the first leg were still around for the final leg, and 6 of them won their races.

In 5 of the last 11 races (and both of last season's races), the team who won the first leg went on to win the entire race.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 AM   #12
GoHalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Was it just me or did it seem almost too casual at the end? The final two teams were there at the same time yet it didn't seem like they were really even racing. They all just kinda walked up together.
I think this was (as usual) because of the editing. It was pretty clear that the Chippendales team was easily going to run past and finish ahead of the Lumberjacks, but they obviously didn't show the specifics on the last run. By the time that the two teams made it to the mat, everyone knew the outcome.
GoHalos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It happens more often than you'd expect:

In the previous 20 races, 12 of the teams who won the first leg were still around for the final leg, and 6 of them won their races.

In 5 of the last 11 races (and both of last season's races), the team who won the first leg went on to win the entire race.
Thanks, I was wondering what the stats were. So there's a decent chance they might have to cough up the $2M.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
And they kept referring to the Chinese ping pong player as a boy.

Granted it would be hard to tell based on her clothes and hair style, but the other teams seemed to realize she was a girl.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
Inundated
Severe Lurker

I mostly liked the opening. I like the $2 million possibility, and having them rappel from the bridge at the start was a refreshing change from "run to your first clue, get in the car and drive to LAX". OK, so it just delayed that last part...

The twins are trying WAY too hard. I don't mean on the race, I mean their personalities. Yes, we get that you're excited twins.

I have a feeling as long as the Chippendales survive, we'll see more and more examples of them getting hopelessly lost for a long time before making it to the pitstop.

Is it just me, or is there a lot of "stunt casting" this year?

No stars of other CBS reality shows, but there are the goat farmers, the Monster Truck people, the professional lumberjack, the college football player from a huge, high profile program, etc. It's like a Who's Who of unique "well known" people who are nationally known in their chosen field.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
SeanC
ECT

I wish the Chippendales were brighter, but I'll take what I can get, and I'll take more of them with less clothes.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
Inundated
Severe Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I wish the Chippendales were brighter, but I'll take what I can get, and I'll take more of them with less clothes.
You're sounding like the straight male viewers who drool over cleavage each time the camera happens to catch a female cast member's chest while viewing the clue.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
You're sounding like the straight male viewers who drool over cleavage each time the camera happens to catch a female cast member's chest while viewing the clue.
...and this is wrong, how?....

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
....those Sri Lankan girls are REALLY annoying and can leave my screen at any time.
This. OMG.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Did any of the teams get a winning shot against the ping pong champ? All I saw was the ping pong champ trying to whiz one by and miss the other end of the table.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
SeanC
ECT

Yeah I remember seeing one person get one past the kid.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Inundated
Severe Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
...and this is wrong, how?....

Just making an observation.

While I certainly appreciate attractive females, some of the guys root for teams solely because of this. The team can be annoying, incompetent, etc. but if at least one female team member has a big chest, they'll root for the team.

As I am a guy myself, I certainly understand the dynamics, but the over-drooling gets a bit annoying itself.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #23
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

From TAR's Facebook page.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg like_chicken.jpg (37.9 KB, 324 views)
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Just making an observation.

While I certainly appreciate attractive females, some of the guys root for teams solely because of this. The team can be annoying, incompetent, etc. but if at least one female team member has a big chest, they'll root for the team.

As I am a guy myself, I certainly understand the dynamics, but the over-drooling gets a bit annoying itself.
I know you are responding to someone else but I just thought I'd pop in to say, I normally don't do the drooling thing, but with those guys...... hooooooooboy, they are all sorts of eye candy.

I promise to keep the drooling to a minimum.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
Inundated
Severe Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I know you are responding to someone else but I just thought I'd pop in to say, I normally don't do the drooling thing, but with those guys...... hooooooooboy, they are all sorts of eye candy.

I promise to keep the drooling to a minimum.
That's OK. I just haven't seen the gay version of eye candy response during TAR's run...it's been there, but mostly limited.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
No stars of other CBS reality shows, but there are the goat farmers, the Monster Truck people, the professional lumberjack, the college football player from a huge, high profile program, etc. It's like a Who's Who of unique "well known" people who are nationally known in their chosen field.
Don't forget the Rock Star, the Amputee Snowboard Champion, the Chippendales, the Exotic Twins, the Hot Blonde College Athletes, the Huge Guy and Little Guy, etc.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
Inundated
Severe Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Don't forget the Rock Star, the Amputee Snowboard Champion, the Chippendales, the Exotic Twins, the Hot Blonde College Athletes, the Huge Guy and Little Guy, etc.
Etc. etc...
Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #28
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I wouldn't exactly classified the Chippendales as stoopid yet. They just had a hard time finding the abacus lady...which a lot of them did. They didn't make any really stupid mistakes--and the one they did, they realized it right away and fixed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #29
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Based on how they mispronounced it, it seemed a number of teams had no clue what an abacus is.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #30
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
Based on how they mispronounced it, it seemed a number of teams had no clue what an abacus is.
Do you mean "a basket?"