TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
twhiting9275
TV Buff!

Partial downloads - Tivo2go or web

For the most part, Tivo2go works great. Every once in a while, however, the box just refuses to transfer a full file.. What I've noticed:

It's not a file size thing, the network can handle much higher files, and tivo 2 go has transferred around 10-15 gig files, easily, many cases just that night.

This happens wither I use tivo2go, or access the box directly via the browser (ie: https://ip). When downloading via web, both mpeg-ts and mpeg-ps fail

It doesn't matter what device is used. Over the course of my time with Tivo, I've had this happen to everything from the S3 to my newer premiere and s4 boxes. I've also had a couple different' PC's built, not that either.

Last night's episode of SHIELD, for example, 1.4 gig and it stops. Last week's Scandal, not the exact same size, but it got to the same size every time, and again, just stops

I CAN transfer from Tivo -> Tivo just fine, this is not an issue. However, trying to transfer from the other Tivo to the PC, same thing. It's like something is blocking the transfer, or prematurely telling the file to end.

Again, this doesn't happen every time, maybe once every couple of weeks, but I'd kind of like to see what can be done to resolve it. Any thoughts?
twhiting9275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Check the original recording is there a glitch around the point it's stopping? In the past that's caused this effect, although it was mostly alleviated by the switch to the TS format.

If that's not it does it line up with a commercial break or any other significant marker in the show?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
twhiting9275
TV Buff!

It does appear that there's a glitch around 19:18.19 , yes. A very slight break in the recording.

So, I guess there's just no way to fix this, to get it to the PC whole?
twhiting9275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

You might be able to get most of it. Set the pause point just after the glitch and then transfer from the pause location to another TiVo. Then transfer from that TiVo to PC. If you're a VideoReDo user you can join the two halves back together using the joiner.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote