TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
trode

Peanut remote to control Westinghouse LCD

Hi all.

I just picked up a Westinghouse lcd tv and realized that my DirectTivo remote does not have Westinghouse listed in the programming codes.

Is anyone familiar with this brand of tv? Perhaps Westinghouse is using codes from another tv brand?

I look forward to any help.

TIA.

-trode
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
Edmund
Remote Czar

There are two white-westinghouse tv codes in the one-for-all 6131. And they match codes 0091 & 0111 in the tivo remote, so give them a try.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
njkmoore

I have the same problem, but those codes don't seem to work. Any other ideas?
Thanks
njkmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #4
Edmund
Remote Czar

Sorry all out of codes to try, have you tried the code search on the remote?
Old 10-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
njkmoore

I tried for a while and got bored. I'll post if I have any success. My Time Warner remote can't control my TV either, so I think it might be a lost cause.
njkmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
ifwagba

I found a code posted on the net

This is from the blog....I had trouble finding a code listed for my TV, a Westinghouse LCD, so I just started at 0000 and stopped at 0067
ifwagba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
Alcatraz
Occasionally Helpful

You guys don't have to manually enter codes. The search function Edmund refers to is much simpler. TiVo's online support article gives the instructions.

http://customersupport.tivo.com/know...ic/tv1035.htm?

You just type in "0999" and press Channel Up until the TV goes off or the red light goes out. Just make sure to wait the two seconds before pressing UP again so you don't skip any codes.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Edmund
Remote Czar

The newest UEI universal remotes, the urc-8820/10820, have over 211 brands of Tv's, including westinghouse. The bad news is no other brand listed uses the same code as the Westinghouse. When using the code search, you're hoping to find another brand that might use the same codeset, but isn't reported yet. I think its hopeless. Get the urc-8820.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #9
mapman

Westinghouse code 0067

I can confirm that 0067 works. It took a few tries, but eventually works for power, volume, and mute control. It seems like pointing the RC at the TiVo and TV helps when entering the code, and you may have to make sure that each button push is registering (the red light flashes). When using the RC for TV control, I seem to have to hold the buttons slightly longer than I did with my previous TV.

Also, It "sort of" works for the TV input control. It opens the interface, but doesn't want to control the menu. Bummer, but I still need the Westinghouse RC on hand for screensize control, so I'm just happy to have the TiVo RC for TV volume control.
mapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #10
Edmund
Remote Czar

Code 0067 is a Sony code, its also listed under philips, Wards. But 0067 works a Sony Tv.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #11
spudly
Isles&Fin Fan

I too picked up the Westinghouse LTV-32w1 LCD TV to be used with my Philips DSR6000 DirecTivo.

I can't get a proper code to control the PWR/VOL setting on the peanut remote. A search of forums seem to indicate success using SONY codes, particularly "0238". But what is odd is that neither of my two units even accept that code! In other words, I hold down the pwr/tivo button on remote (covering the IR) and enter that # but it never gets "accepted" by blinking. I do the exact same thing for other codes and it gets "accepted", but of course they don't work for this TV. With my prior Toshiba TV this wasn't a problem. Any ideas why the remote wont accept a specific code, even though it is listed as one to try- albeit for a different manufactured?

Thanks,
GLenn
spudly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #12
Edmund
Remote Czar

Ok, so your remote doesn't accept code 0238, does it accept code 0067 or 0136? Because they're the same as code 0238. If your remote accepts the other codes, but doesn't control your Tv, then that just proves you model doesn't work with Sony tv code where other models do.

I have two of the newest universal remotes on the market,the URC R5 and OFA urc-10820, each has two codes listed for westinghouse Tv's, not talking about white westinghouse, the 4 codes do not match each other, and they don't control a sony tv. That tells me that there are many manufacturers suppling tv's under the Westinghouse brand.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #13
amaos

Smile CODE FOR TIVO REMOTE & Westinghouse LCD

Hi,

DIRECTV DVR TIVO REMOTE CODE IS 0067 ON WESTINGHOUSE LCD TV. see below

I also, just purchased the Westinghouse 27 LCD TV and did not find the TV brand on my TIVO list, so like many of you, I started to look on the web, and found that many like me, have the same problem. I tried several codes, from the ones listed on this site, to other sites, to even use other brand suggested. but one that worked is 0067. at first it did not work, so i tried another one, and so on. But, on this site was a person that said that code worked for him, so I tried it, and it did not work. so I gave up and left it in that code 0067. minutes later, I had forgotten about it, and wanted to lower the volume on my new LCD TV and unconciously press the lower volume button and it WORKED I don't know if the code had to rest for a while of what.
best of luck... and very happy with my Westinghouse/tivo combination.

It will only do. the following functions... OFF / VOLUME / MUTE... will not turn it on.

amaos
eforeclosed point com

Last edited by amaos : 12-24-2005 at 05:17 PM.
amaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #14
gcdiv

Westinghouse 27'' LCD Model: W32701

I've tried the suggested sony codes for power on and off (especially 0067) but with no luck. Does anyone else have this same model TV and a functioning tivo remote code?

TIVO: Tivo manufactured series2 DVR
TV: Westinghouse 27'' LCD Model W32701
gcdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #15
pldoolittle

I have a model Westinghouse 26" LCD tv and Volume, on/off, channels, mute, etc. works with my old style TIVO peanut remote but very poorly. But power works about 1 in 10 pushes and volume about 1 in 5. It acts like dead/dying batteries and it's very aggravating. These functions work fine with the TV's factory remote.

As for the code, I searched for a very long time so I do not know which one was it. 0067 sounds reasonable based on how long I searched. When I try to get the remote to dump the code, it just says 0000 unless I'm reading it badly.

Final thoughts: It sucks, so don't get real excited about making it work. I came here instead of tossing the peanut through the LCD. I am using two remotes now.
pldoolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #16
tomfly2

Smile Westinghouse 37"lcd remote code

I have the DIRECTV hd-dvr model#hr10-250 and found that 0067 works with my new Westinghouse 37"lcd tv. I hope this help others.
tomfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #17
LostCluster

Just want to add that 0067 also works with a Westinghouse Digital 20 inch LCD TV.
LostCluster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #18
pldoolittle

Still no joy for the Westinghouse 27"...

Old 11-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #19
stantonl

I just purchased this tv and I'm using code 0238 to control the tv
stantonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #20
pldoolittle

FWIW, I just switched from the "old " peanut (smaller, glossy, less buttons) to the new peanut, and all works well now. I still prefer the older, smaller peanut, but at least I have volume control.

I am using control code 0067 for a model Westinghouse 26" LCD TV.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #21
pldoolittle

I just got a Tivo HD and found my self revisiting this issue so I thought I'd update this thread. I'm now using code 0238 to control power/volume, but input has never worked properly.

With the S2 remote (non-gloss, extra buttons) it brought up the menu for input selection but that's where it ended. None of the arrows or select buttons functioned, so you were stuck on the menu but unable to change inputs. Power often required 2-3 presses (tivo flashed to indicate it saw the IT command) to turn the TV on/off

With the premium "glo" remote using code 0238 pressing "input" it changes the TV to the tuner form wherever you are. Pressing it additional times does nothing. At first glance, Power still requires 2-3 presses to turn the TV on/off .

To sum it all up, after 2 years the Westinghouse Digital W2602 BK still requires 2 remotes...
Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pldoolittle View Post
I just got a Tivo HD and found my self revisiting this issue so I thought I'd update this thread. I'm now using code 0238 to control power/volume, but input has never worked properly.

With the S2 remote (non-gloss, extra buttons) it brought up the menu for input selection but that's where it ended. None of the arrows or select buttons functioned, so you were stuck on the menu but unable to change inputs. Power often required 2-3 presses (tivo flashed to indicate it saw the IT command) to turn the TV on/off

With the premium "glo" remote using code 0238 pressing "input" it changes the TV to the tuner form wherever you are. Pressing it additional times does nothing. At first glance, Power still requires 2-3 presses to turn the TV on/off .

To sum it all up, after 2 years the Westinghouse Digital W2602 BK still requires 2 remotes...
The GLO remote is learning remote, teach the proper commands off of the westinghouse remote to the GLO remote. Or try other Sony tv codes in the menu.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
pldoolittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
The GLO remote is learning remote, teach the proper commands off of the westinghouse remote to the GLO remote. Or try other Sony tv codes in the menu.
That's great info! I'll definitely try it tonight, although thinking about it now I may have uncovered part of the problem. The WD remote doesn't have an input select button. It has a separate button for each input. Hence, there may not be a "next" function to be learned.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #24
deacon523

I just purchased a 40" Westinghouse from Target on Black Friday. As mentioned, none of the Westinghouse or Sony codes worked with the tivo remote. However, I was able to train my Glo remote using the remote that came with the tv, took about 5 minutes, and now everything works great.
deacon523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #25
pucku

Big Grin Correct Tivo Code for Westinghouse TV

Hello all. Hopefully this will help others...

I have a Toshiba RS-TX60 Tivo and I just bought a Westinghouse VR-2218 22" TV. I couldn't find a code that would allow me to control my new TV with the Tivo remote.

Knowing that just because the outside of the TV says Westinghouse doesn't mean that the inside components are Westinghouse, so I called them to see who else could have made the TV. They told me to try the Sony or Samsung codes. None of the Sony codes worked for me, but...

I used 0305, which is one of the Samsung codes and it WORKED!!!
pucku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
Bittercreek

0305 Works!

Praise Jeebus!
Bittercreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #27
ComputerLover

I never thought my hdtv 23" westinghouse with tivo premiere problem,
ComputerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #28
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittercreek View Post
Praise Jeebus!
"0305 Works!"

But since it's a Westinghouse, it soon won't when the power supply fails, so go ahead and see if http://lcdalternatives.com/ has a capacitor kit already made up for that model number.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011

Last edited by unitron : 09-25-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: to fix link/mispelled name
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #29
Clem Snide

Westinghouse UW40TC1W code partially works

I have yet to get my 40" Westinghouse TV to work fully with my TiVo remote (the new one with the knurled grip). However: 0238, which is the only code listed for Westinghouse Digital, works-- partially.

I was going a little mad (well, a little madder) trying different codes and not getting the TV POWER button to work. So I started trying the VOL buttons. Whaddayknow, 0238 worked for them!

The VOL, MUTE, and INPUT buttons all do something useful. So I either leave my TV on all the time, or I keep the manufacturer's remote for that one button. Or, as others have mentioned, I get a Glo remote and teach it the code. Seems a little overkill though.
Clem Snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #30
Edmund
Remote Czar

I suggest resetting the tivo remote:

1. press and hold Tivo & TV POWER, until light remains on
2. press Thumbs Down 3 times
3. press ENTER, on the bottom row of the remote

Now retry code 0238