Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #31
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I watched the first episode and immediately decided that it would not be watched again, which is a shame considering I like most of the actors in it.
and i'm the opposite sometimes..will watch capt kirks thing on BIO even though it's pretty lame just to see him in action

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #32
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I like it enough to watch it in real time.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #33
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I wonder if Dennis Quaid had some words for them on the "planes landing over my ranch" thing. He's an actual pilot who flies bizjets. Not only, as the airport guy explained, do planes land into the wind, they TAKE OFF into the wind, meaning that when they did land in other direction like demanded, they would be TAKING OFF over his ranch, and that would make even more noise.

----

This is another world from cop show 101 where they can blindside hit the cop to knock him out before the commercial break, and when we come back he's just mad becuase the blood evidence he saw was cleaned up.

Bad guy gangster: "You don't come into my house..." Puh-leeeze.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #34
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
I thought Dennis Quaid was terrible, and I like Dennis Quaid.
Agreed. Ouch.

We called him Mr. Scowly. He seemed to have the one expression down well, but few others.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #35
frombhto323

Well, I'm in the minority in that I really like this show. The most recent episode will probably please those wanting more mob activity. I won't spoil it, but believe me, it picks up the pace. I like the juxtiposition between the ranchers and the city slickers invading their turf. Much of what I read about Vegas' early gambling days suggests that it was much like that.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
frombhto323

Apparently based on a real life story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...aid-cbs-371314