TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
tunabeard
Tunabeard

Tivo Transfer to OS Lion/MacBook Pro issue

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, can someone please direct me to the right one. I have Tivo Transfer on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.6 and just recently everytime I auto transfer files to my Tivo Recordings folder Tivo Transfer keeps crashing.

Are there compatibility issues with Transfer & Lion? If so, can anyone recommend any kind of solution. Is this a Roxio problem, I'm using Toast 10 (Vers.10.0.9). Thank you in advance for whatever help anyone can give.
tunabeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
HDR110
HDR110

Is this a Roxio problem,

Yes it is, please view the email I received from Roxio.

You're better off using open source Apps, you can find a few
referenced here. From what I've read, I'm going to try pyTivox, it appears to be a good solution for Lion.

Roxio email,

"A Roxio Agent has responded to your support case! Click the link below to view or update your support case. (Note: the case is automatically closed if no response is received within 5 days).

Agent Response:

Thank you for your reply. Mac OS 10.7 Lion is not compatible to work with Mac2Tivo. We are aware of the issue and it will fix in the future release of Toast.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
The Roxio Support Team"

** Please note this is an automatic email response that cannot be replied to.
HDR110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
javabird

You might want to check out the forum for Tivo Home Media & TivoToGo for more discussions on Tivo Transfers. Some Mac users are using iTivo or KMTTG.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
tunabeard
Tunabeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabird View Post
You might want to check out the forum for Tivo Home Media & TivoToGo for more discussions on Tivo Transfers. Some Mac users are using iTivo or KMTTG.
Thank you...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
tunabeard
Tunabeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDR110 View Post
Is this a Roxio problem,

Yes it is, please view the email I received from Roxio.

You're better off using open source Apps, you can find a few
referenced here. From what I've read, I'm going to try pyTivox, it appears to be a good solution for Lion.

Roxio email,

"A Roxio Agent has responded to your support case! Click the link below to view or update your support case. (Note: the case is automatically closed if no response is received within 5 days).

Agent Response:

Thank you for your reply. Mac OS 10.7 Lion is not compatible to work with Mac2Tivo. We are aware of the issue and it will fix in the future release of Toast.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
The Roxio Support Team"

** Please note this is an automatic email response that cannot be replied to.

I was so spoiled using Tivo Transfer...I have no idea what pyTivox is unfortunately.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
javabird

I just discovered the Tivo Transfer tool is working for me on Mountain Lion. I haven't used it for a long time because it was broken in Lion, but I still had it installed (version 2.0), and I accidentally launched it when trying to access another app. Downloaded some HD shows last night. Pleasantly surprised.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote