TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Finalrinse

Series 2 TiVo TCD540080 with Lifetime - Excellent!

I have an excellent condition TiVo TCD540080 with lifetime for sale. I'm the original owner. I'm a TiVo fan, also have an HD, Premier and new Premier 4. The hard drive has been upgraded to a 300Gb. I build computers so this was an easy chore for me. Included is the remote, USB to Ethernet adapter, IR cable, Power cord, manual, quick start guide. I've had it in storage for a few years so brought it out and fired it up a few days ago, works great. No dust inside, no bulging caps, everything looks like new. I can take good pictures of inside and out plus screen shots of system information showing lifetime, hours, etc... If no one is interested I'll put on ebay in the near future. PayPal works for me. $110 and I pay UPS shipping in lower 48. Pictures added below in another post. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Sincerely,
Tom

Last edited by Finalrinse : 09-15-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Lowered price
Finalrinse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
susheelss

Tivo for Sale

Tom,

I'm interested in the TIVO as I am looking to move and just get basic cable at my new location. A few quick questions:

- I'm assuming that the lifetime subscription comes with the unit
- Can the unit work use a cable card as I'm thinking of just getting basic cable w/o a digital cable box (which requires digital cable + box rental fees and is much more expensive)?

Thanks,
Susheel
susheelss

Last edited by susheelss : 09-05-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Mistake
susheelss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Finalrinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheelss View Post
Tom,

I'm interested in the TIVO as I am looking to move and just get basic cable at my new location. A few quick questions:

- Can the unit work use a cable card as I'm thinking of just getting basic cable w/o a digital cable box (which requires digital cable + box rental fees and is much more expensive)?

Thanks,
Susheel
susheelss
Hi Susheel, This vintage of TiVo do not accept cable cards, this is not an HD TiVo, SD only. What is unique though is it comes with an IR cable that you can use with just about any cable box. This is how I currently have it hooked up to my digital comcast box. When you change channels it sends the remote signal. Now, if you do not have a cable box and put the cable directly into the TiVo this works great as long as your cable company does not require a box? Where I live here in S.E. Michigan a bare cable without a digital converter box does not work any more. Please check this out. And yes the lifetime comes with the box.
Tom
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Finalrinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalrinse View Post
I have an excellent condition TiVo TCD540080 with lifetime for sale. I'm the original owner. I'm a TiVo fan, also have an HD, Premier and new Premier 4. The hard drive has been upgraded to a 300Gb. I build computers so this was an easy chore for me. Included is the remote, USB to Ethernet adapter, IR cable, Power cord, manual, quick start guide. I've had it in storage for a few years so brought it out and fired it up a few days ago, works great. No dust inside, no bulging caps, everything looks like new. I can take good pictures of inside and out plus screen shots of system information showing lifetime, hours, etc... If no one is interested I'll put on ebay in the near future. PayPal works for me. $110 and I pay UPS shipping in lower 48. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Sincerely,
Tom
Pictures.....

Last edited by Finalrinse : 09-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
Finalrinse

Quote:
Tom,

A few quick questions:

Thanks,
Susheel
susheelss
Here's the procedure from TiVo on transferring the Lifetime Subscription to a new owner.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Finalrinse

Quote:
Tom,

Thanks,
Susheel
susheelss
Susheel,

I haven't heard back from you, I assume this will not work for you?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #7
Finalrinse

Quote:
I have an excellent condition TiVo TCD540080 with lifetime for sale. I'm the original owner. I'm a TiVo fan, also have an HD, Premier and new Premier 4. The hard drive has been upgraded to a 300Gb. I build computers so this was an easy chore for me. Included is the remote, USB to Ethernet adapter, IR cable, Power cord, manual, quick start guide. I've had it in storage for a few years so brought it out and fired it up a few days ago, works great. No dust inside, no bulging caps, everything looks like new. I can take good pictures of inside and out plus screen shots of system information showing lifetime, hours, etc... If no one is interested I'll put on ebay in the near future. PayPal works for me. $110 and I pay UPS shipping in lower 48. Pictures added below in another post. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Sincerely,
Tom
Price lowered to $110 shipped.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
ustasmom

Still have this?
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Finalrinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
Still have this?
Yes still have it, I haven't put it on eBay yet.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
ustasmom

I am interested but I am really not up to speed with this whole thing.

I just dumped satellite and we have a digital antenna. We never had HD with satellite, but now we do with the antenna and my husband wants to keep the HD so I will be picking up a Premiere with lifetime for the main TV.

We have 2 other TVs. Can I mix and match and will they then talk to each other if I have an adapter?
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Finalrinse

Quote:
I am interested but I am really not up to speed with this whole thing.

I just dumped satellite and we have a digital antenna. We never had HD with satellite, but now we do with the antenna and my husband wants to keep the HD so I will be picking up a Premiere with lifetime for the main TV.

We have 2 other TVs. Can I mix and match and will they then talk to each other if I have an adapter?
Okay, I just hooked my Series 2 TiVo up and transferred a show from my Premier, and then transferred from my Series 2 to the Premier. So yes they talk to each other and can transfer from each other. What you cannot do is transfer a High Definition (HD) program from a Premier to the Series 2 because the Series 2 is not HD. As long as the programs are in standard definition (SD) you can transfer back and forth. You do not need an adapter, they just need to be on the same network.

Last edited by Finalrinse : 09-18-2012 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Found the answer
Old 09-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
Finalrinse

Quote:
Yes they talk to each other and can transfer from each other. What you cannot do is transfer a High Definition (HD) program from a Premier to the Series 2 because the Series 2 is not HD. As long as the programs are in standard definition (SD) you can transfer back and forth. You do not need an adapter, they just need to be on the same network.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
transponder7600

I'm interested but live in Canada. My series 2 has a black box. Any difference?
Costs to K1V 1H5 (Ottawa Canada)
transponder7600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
Finalrinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by transponder7600 View Post
I'm interested but live in Canada. My series 2 has a black box. Any difference?
Costs to K1V 1H5 (Ottawa Canada)
I really have no idea?? I'm thinking this is set for US.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
deanbrew

Is it still available?
deanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #16
Finalrinse

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrew View Post
Is it still available?
Hi deanbrew, yes still available.

Tom
Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #17
deanbrew

Quote:
Hi deanbrew, yes still available.

Tom
Private message sent.
deanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
Finalrinse

Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrew View Post
Private message sent.
Sold to deanbrew, great transaction....
Thanks!

Last edited by Finalrinse : 10-07-2012 at 07:17 PM.