TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
JeffreyF

KMTTG Deletion Error

At one point I was able to delete TiVo recordings from KMTTG. When I try to delete files I receive the error message:

No data available for findRecordingId

Any suggestions are appreciated.
JeffreyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
moyekj

I think the only way you can run into that error is when you refreshed the kmttg Now Playing List table the subsequent RPC call failed. So refresh the NPL again and play close attention to the 2nd part (the "Remote" job) that immediately follows. If that is failing then that would explain it.

(There's 2 jobs: 1st one is normal way of getting NPL XML from TiVo http server, 2nd call is the RPC to obtain corresponding id's which allows kmttg needs to delete).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
JeffreyF

A refresh corrected the situation. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I think the only way you can run into that error is when you refreshed the kmttg Now Playing List table the subsequent RPC call failed. So refresh the NPL again and play close attention to the 2nd part (the "Remote" job) that immediately follows. If that is failing then that would explain it.

(There's 2 jobs: 1st one is normal way of getting NPL XML from TiVo http server, 2nd call is the RPC to obtain corresponding id's which allows kmttg needs to delete).

Old 10-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
lrhorer

All RPC calls to my Premier, including from kmttg, are suddenly failing. The SSL handshake is croaking. Both kmttg and orangeboy's YATR TiVo Remote Control suddenly started failing a couple of days ago. They were working fine until then. I've tried the utilities from a couple of different workstations, but they both fail from both machines. Everything but the RPC calls seems to be working.

'Anyone have any ideas for further troubleshooting?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
All RPC calls to my Premier, including from kmttg, are suddenly failing. The SSL handshake is croaking. Both kmttg and orangeboy's YATR TiVo Remote Control suddenly started failing a couple of days ago. They were working fine until then. I've tried the utilities from a couple of different workstations, but they both fail from both machines. Everything but the RPC calls seems to be working.

'Anyone have any ideas for further troubleshooting?
You are using the cable company Premiere, not the consumer version right? What's the software version? If you are not running kmttg v0p8r or later then you should update and that may solve the problem as TiVo tightened authentication in the consumer software in the last update, and maybe the cable company is playing catch up with their software.

(FYI, Yoav's software won't work with the tighter authentication).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-04-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
JeffreyF

I am on a different computer with a new install of KMTTG v0p8u. Despite refreshing several times I am having difficulties deleting recordngs from the TiVo.

One thing to mention, the recordings is a Spanish show and the title has an accent in it. Will this in any way create issues?

With over 400 recording to copy over to another TiVo I am hoping to be able to use the delete feature of KMTTG to save some time.

The error is the same as last time findRecordingId failed to find a match.

Quote:

Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
lrhorer

Quote:
You are using the cable company Premiere, not the consumer version right?
Correct.

Quote:
What's the software version?
20.2.1.2-01-2-746

Quote:
If you are not running kmttg v0p8r or later
v0p8t, which I presume is newer than v0p8r.

Quote:
then you should update and that may solve the problem as TiVo tightened authentication in the consumer software in the last update, and maybe the cable company is playing catch up with their software.
It is entirely possible this is related to a software upgrade, of course. Indeed, it is rather likely. I'm hesitant to call TiVo, however, because they are liable to give me the "supported software" brush-off.

Quote:
(FYI, Yoav's software won't work with the tighter authentication).
Well, I'm using orangeboy's software, not Yoav's. It's quite possible they use the same approach, of course. Orangeboy doesn't credit Yoav, which he should have done if it is derivative of his work.

I've been thinking of modifying orangeboy's code to work with the telnet interface as well as the RPC inerface, so it can be used with S3 TiVos. That may move up in priority, now, but I would rather still use the RPC interface for the Premier, as it does have a few features not in the telnet interface.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
moyekj

Virgin in UK updated their software and apparently changed RPC authentication as well:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...76#post9269276

Could well be there's consumer software update coming that breaks things there as well. Seems like TiVo is obsessively protective of the RPC interface which suggests perhaps there are even bigger and better things that can be done with it that haven't yet been discovered...

Oh and I meant orangeboy not Yoav.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
lrhorer

Quote:
Virgin in UK updated their software and apparently changed RPC authentication as well:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...76#post9269276
Hmm. Yuck. Although it may very well be the same sort of thing, the error seems quite different:

Code:
RAID-Server:/RAID/Server-Main/Downloads/TiVo_Upgrade/TiVo Remote/orangeboy# python2.6 Remote.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Remote.py", line 136, in <module>
    remote = Remote()
  File "Remote.py", line 61, in __init__
    self.ssl_socket.connect((tivo_addr, 1393))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ssl.py", line 295, in connect
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ssl.py", line 279, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:490: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Quote:
Could well be there's consumer software update coming that breaks things there as well.
Double-yuck.

Quote:
Seems like TiVo is obsessively protective of the RPC interface
That's a narrow-minded attitude.

Quote:
which suggests perhaps there are even bigger and better things that can be done with it that haven't yet been discovered...
Howso?

Quote:
Oh and I meant orangeboy not Yoav.
Ah. At first glance that would suggest the leased box software is lagging the purchased box software, but the fact kmttg has also stopped working suggests the opposite, assuming this is related to a softwre release, at all.