TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Parks and Rec 9/20 "Ms Knope Goes To Washington"

It's back!!! Yay!!! And it wasn't a bad episode.

I am exceedingly glad they got rid of the Ann whatsisname story line. I did not care for it at ALL.

And some really fun cameos, too.
YCantAngieRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I agree, glad the Tom/Ann storyline is going away.

Loved how the pig was named Tom. It wasn't a dig at human Tom, it was just his Christian name. lol
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
wprager

I was sad that this is the beginning of the end.

There won't be any !&^ *@&*@# vegetables!
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post

Beginning of the end? Is it ending?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

There has been no words that P&R is ending. (Unlike, say The Office or 30 Rock, both of which have announced this is their final season).
Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
trainman
Nice to see you

"Oval Redenbacher" -- I bet there are some other funny outtakes from that scene.

What were all those coats doing in the coat closet in Washington, D.C. in the summer (where, as Leslie pointed out, it's often 120 degrees with 200% humidity)? Of course, I can understand McCain needing one, since he's an old man.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
There has been no words that P&R is ending. (Unlike, say The Office or 30 Rock, both of which have announced this is their final season).
I could have sworn I read that somewhere. To the Googlemobile!

NBC Will Reportedly Gently Cancel 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Community

Perhaps I only read the article title, or didn't re-read it when it was updated. Perhaps we will have season 6 (and a movie) after all.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:

"Your work is appreciated - Please eat some corn..."
Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
I could have sworn I read that somewhere. To the Googlemobile!

NBC Will Reportedly Gently Cancel 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Community

Perhaps I only read the article title, or didn't re-read it when it was updated. Perhaps we will have season 6 (and a movie) after all.
That was written before the renewals were announced (which I believe was a day or two later, like 5/11 or 5/12). The NBC pickups for the Thursday night comedies from last year were:

Parks & Rec with a full 22-ep pickup
Community with a 13-ep pickup (and a move to Friday which was announced later)
The Office with either a 13 or 16-ep pickup (can't remember) for a final season
30 Rock with a 13-ep pickup for a final season.

Now, given Community and P&R's dismal ratings over the years, it wouldn't be a surprise if either were cancelled, especially since the NBC head has announced he wants "broader" comedies (i.e. most of the dreck on CBS), but no decisions have been made as to either at this point.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
"Oval Redenbacher" -- I bet there are some other funny outtakes from that scene.

What were all those coats doing in the coat closet in Washington, D.C. in the summer (where, as Leslie pointed out, it's often 120 degrees with 200% humidity)? Of course, I can understand McCain needing one, since he's an old man.
I was wondering that, too.

By the way, it took two watchings to realize Leslie wouldn't have realized it was McCain behind her.

Ron Swanson just rules. The end.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
cherry ghost

Quote:
That was written before the renewals were announced (which I believe was a day or two later, like 5/11 or 5/12). The NBC pickups for the Thursday night comedies from last year were:

Now, given Community and P&R's dismal ratings over the years, it wouldn't be a surprise if either were cancelled, especially since the NBC head has announced he wants "broader" comedies (i.e. most of the dreck on CBS), but no decisions have been made as to either at this point.

The Office got a full 22
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:56 AM   #12
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
The Office got a full 22
Ah, thanks for that. I googled it earlier but could not seem to find the answer.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
billypritchard
Embiggener

I watched this episode, even though I'm only a few episodes into Season 4 on Netflix. I figured I couldn't get too spoiled, and I was right.

I liked the Leslie/DC stuff, but the Ron stuff wasn't too interesting. Except for him driving off with the smoker, that was very funny.

I also laughed at Ann's 'Sparkle Skin', patent pending.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
crowfan
The Dude abides

I read somewhere (TV Line, I think) that one of the show people said that they had a ton more of Chris Pratt going around DC making stuff up and that it would probably end up on the DVDs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
newsposter
Poster of News

are there goodwills in DC? thats where andy could have gotten his pants

i'm assuming those were real senators? hope they were properly compensated..especially the tall staffers

i definitely want a permit like that when i go to do stuff. very well written and no doubt about what is allowed and isnt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

I think that with The Office and 30 Rock ending this season, and Community being very unlikely to get past this season due to being on Friday, and Whitney and Up All Night being kind of surprising renewals from last season, and several of the new comedies getting horrible reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if P&R got another season just to keep some continuity for NBC's comedy lineup. It's very hard for a network to launch too many shows at once, and they're already almost guaranteed to have three spots to fill next fall, and probably much more.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
are there goodwills in DC? thats where andy could have gotten his pants

i'm assuming those were real senators? hope they were properly compensated..especially the tall staffers

i definitely want a permit like that when i go to do stuff. very well written and no doubt about what is allowed and isnt.
Yes. They have goodwill around DC.

Yes. They were real senators. All three. I think that that ha to be pointed out is kinda sad.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post

Yes. They were real senators. All three. I think that that ha to be pointed out is kinda sad.
I knew McCain, of course, but the other two, while I definitely recognized, would have to search for names. They are a little less high profile.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #19
newsposter
Poster of News

who keeps up with what politicians look like..certainly not me...i actually dont wanna know what any of them look like. but we all have our hobbies.

!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #20
GTuck
ClownPrinceofCrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
I watched this episode, even though I'm only a few episodes into Season 4 on Netflix. I figured I couldn't get too spoiled, and I was right.

I liked the Leslie/DC stuff, but the Ron stuff wasn't too interesting. Except for him driving off with the smoker, that was very funny.

I also laughed at Ann's 'Sparkle Skin', patent pending.
The Ron stuff wasn't good?

Jerry: "What do we have to drink?"

Ron: "There's beer in the cooler"

Jerry: "What about for the children?"

Ron: "You can get water from that water fountain and use it to water down the beer"
GTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead View Post
I knew McCain, of course, but the other two, while I definitely recognized, would have to search for names. They are a little less high profile.
They were introduced by name. Olympia Snowe and Barbara Boxer. I would think that their names are far more recognizable than their faces to most people.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker
They were introduced by name. Olympia Snowe and Barbara Boxer. I would think that their names are far more recognizable than their faces to most people.
Barbara Boxer is the one I knew. The other, sadly, I'm not very familiar with at all beyond name.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post

I'm a political junkie so I'd recognize most people people in Congress who make the news but I could see how people wouldn't recognize anyone besides McCain since nationally peeps would remember him from the last presidential campaign.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #24
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Barbara Boxer is the one I knew. The other, sadly, I'm not very familiar with at all beyond name.
it's not sad to not be aware of politicians your health is probably better off without knowing. i know someone that follows stuff like that and they are beyond stress with all that is going on. yet all that is beyond their control..sigh..better not to know

!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
TonyD79

Quote:

Except they were heroes if the main character.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #26
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post

it's not sad to not be aware of politicians your health is probably better off without knowing. i know someone that follows stuff like that and they are beyond stress with all that is going on. yet all that is beyond their control..sigh..better not to know
Yeah. Not sad to not know a couple of the 100 people who make laws in this country but everyone recognizes Kardashians. Yeah. That is a cause to be happy.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
I also recognized Boxer but not Snowe, but then again, Boxer was my county supervisor for six years before running for Congress in 1982. (Trivia: the high school newspaper where I attended had recommendations for the 1980 elections, and included three of the county's supervisor districts, but left out Boxer's, under the impression that nobody in the district went to the school - even though Boxer's son was a freshman there at the time.)

Olympia Snowe is probably best known for being one of the "swing votes" in the Senate; she's a Republican, but has been known to vote with the Democrats on certain issues, which was quite important when the Democrats had 59 seats and needed one more to break a filibuster.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #28
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79

Yeah. Not sad to not know a couple of the 100 people who make laws in this country but everyone recognizes Kardashians. Yeah. That is a cause to be happy.
So we're supposed to know all 100? I wouldn't even want to guess how infantesimile the percentage of people in this county who would do that would be.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
So we're supposed to know all 100? I wouldn't even want to guess how infantesimile the percentage of people in this county who would do that would be.
some people watch pols as a hobby, id rather do something fun for my hobby though if i'm ever curious about a pol, ill ask the guy that knows all 100..thats why we all have differnet skill sets

!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #30
TonyD79

Quote:
1. These are not people who are non-names. They are pretty high profile, actually.

2. They are HEROES of the main character of the show and have been mentioned and showed in pictures before.

3. They were NAMED in the show. If you don't know the faces, at least know the names.

4. These are pretty important people.

Your last statement tells me how sad America is. That was my point. People all over America and play the Kevin Bacon movie name but they have no idea who is in the Senate. That is very sad and should be an indication of how messed up this country actually is. All you are doing is defending ignorance.