TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
DPJohnson

Screen black except for Live TV inset

For the second time, I turned on my TiVo Premiere (after upgrading it with a 2TB HD), only to get a mostly black screen except for the Live TV inset in the upper right corner. No listing of my shows, etc., couldn't get the grid to come up. The only fix was to unplug it and plug it back in. Is this a problem with the HD version of the startup screen, and would switching to the SD screen help?
DPJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
bbrown9

I've had this happen before. Press <THUMBS DOWN><THUMBS UP><PLAY><PLAY> and wait a few seconds. This restarts the HD GUI. You will see the screen go completeely back and then the tivo central screen will come up. Faster than unplugginig it.

(note, I might have remembered the thumbs order wrong. If this doesn't work, try reversing the tumbs.)
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote