TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Shaunnick
Registered User
 
Shaunnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 4,064
Big Brother - 9/13/2012 - The Mist of Dan

Dan should be a puppeteer.

After all the shenanigans the show tried to pull to save Frank that angered me earlier in the season, seeing Dan move everyone in the house like giant chess pieces has brought the fun back.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
gossamer88
HDTV Snob
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Da boogie down Bronx
Posts: 6,847
Man is he rutlhless!! But at the end of the day there is only one winner. And I'm sure that's the bill of goods he's selling to Danielle.

In my opinion, Ian or Shane would have been a toss up. Why not leave things as they are and the jury will favor Dan when any of them go to jury.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
bryhamm
randomize
 
bryhamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis area
Posts: 2,262
So completely stupid by Shane. When Dani was "convincing" him about going up, all Shane had to say was "if Dan wants Ian gone so bad, leave me off the block and I will vote him out".

So completely pointless.

Dan deserves the win, but I'm worried that the jury is gonna be bitter. Frank and Shane sound like sore losers and Frank will convince Ashley to vote however he want. Brittney at least has the balls to say that Dan is playing great.
__________________
I just want bryhamm on top -- dthmj

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
jcondon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Dan deserves the win, but I'm worried that the jury is gonna be bitter. Frank and Shane sound like sore losers and Frank will convince Ashley to vote however he want. Brittney at least has the balls to say that Dan is playing great.
As Britnay said tonight it is a social game too and claims that is why everyone wanted Frank out.

Playing the way Dan does might not be the the smartest for getting votes. It's all part of the game. If it is him and Ian in the final two I think a case could be made for Ian too. Ian has won a fair number of comps and even after sending Boogie home and Frank to the jury house and being against Frank and Boogie from the start Frank still likes him (the social aspect).
__________________
PSNID - jimbo8574
jcondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondon View Post
As Britnay said tonight it is a social game too and claims that is why everyone wanted Frank out.

Playing the way Dan does might not be the the smartest for getting votes. It's all part of the game. If it is him and Ian in the final two I think a case could be made for Ian too. Ian has won a fair number of comps and even after sending Boogie home and Frank to the jury house and being against Frank and Boogie from the start Frank still likes him (the social aspect).
I think a Dan-Ian final 2 is a toss up, as both can make claims that they manipulated the game. The difference here is that Ian was "nicer" and might win on that aspect. A Dan-Danielle final 2 is interesting in that Danielle really was Dan's pawn, but.....she has a LOT of friends on the jury, AND there's bitterness among some jury members. I think Frank, Ashely, Jen, and Shane would vote for Danielle. Plus, factor in that Dan won again, and I think Danielle has a legitimate shot to win, just for the reasons that Dan laid out (which would be ironic, since he told Danielle this to calm her down. I don't think he's thinking that's the way it would happen).

I have to say, I've enjoyed this season a lot more than I have in a long time. I'm not usually for bringing back the old players, but watching Dan play is a LOT of fun.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Dan deserves the win, but I'm worried that the jury is gonna be bitter. Frank and Shane sound like sore losers and Frank will convince Ashley to vote however he want. Brittney at least has the balls to say that Dan is playing great.
Don't worry, it doesn't matter how bitter they are or how much they don't want to vote for Dan. He will just use the jedi mind trick on them and they'll be voting for him to win without even realizing it.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,670
TC CLUB MEMBER
I had to watch this episode online because my TiVo claimed it was a duplicate and didn't record it.

I'm really wondering how Dan can win the jury vote. But he is a master of pulling rabbits out of his hat.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up
 
Jstkiddn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I'm really wondering how Dan can win the jury vote. But he is a master of pulling rabbits out of his hat.
I don't see how either. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he may have burned one too many bridges at this point. Couple that with the fact that he's already won once before and it doesn't seem likely.

And I'm going to be PEEVED if Danielle wins this! UGH! I'd be tickled to death to see Ian win.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
2004raptor
Registered User
 
2004raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,559
Hoping Ian wins. I picked him in the beginning but didn't like hi backstabbing boogie and frank. Now, I'd rather him or Danielle win than Dan.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY
 
martinp13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 10,681
TC CLUB MEMBER
That face Danielle made when Dan voted Shane out? During the chat between her and Dan after that, that's the face I made every time she said anything to Dan that wasn't "f*** you". Every time Dan said "I did <whatever> because I'm your coach..." I was screaming at the TV "but you're NOT... you're another player... f*** you!"
__________________
TCF Cruise 3 ... where will we be sailing to next?

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
plateau10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
That face Danielle made...

You know, it could easily be the beginning of the next meme:



Sort of the anti-mckayla, actually.
plateau10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY
 
martinp13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 10,681
TC CLUB MEMBER
"Wider, honey... wider..."
__________________
TCF Cruise 3 ... where will we be sailing to next?

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
JFriday
"Just The Facts"
 
JFriday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,507
I thought Ians reaction was just as funny, I think he he thought he was a goner and he walked around mumbling to himself afterwards.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I thought Ians reaction was just as funny, I think he he thought he was a goner and he walked around mumbling to himself afterwards.
Ian acted like someone in TOTAL shock. Between his reaction and Danielle's it was a Big Brother epic moment.

BTW - Danielle needs different glasses. She's much better looking when she wears (I assume) her contacts.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
andyw715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by plateau10 View Post
You know, it could easily be the beginning of the next meme:



Sort of the anti-mckayla, actually.

How could Shane not pounce on that?
andyw715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
nmiller855
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: East of Houston, Texas, USA
Posts: 5,316
Who would win if it were Danielle vs Ian?
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
2004raptor
Registered User
 
2004raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
Who would win if it were Danielle vs Ian?
Ian
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
stellie93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
In my opinion, Ian or Shane would have been a toss up. Why not leave things as they are and the jury will favor Dan when any of them go to jury.
This. I think this was the first mistake Dan made. Cause I'm sure he's not all about Danielle winning.

I think Shane would be easier to beat because he won't be able to make a coherent speech. All 4 of them have won competitions.

I'm always wrong in trying to predict what the jury will do.... I'm not sure if they will hold it against Dan that he won before or not.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #19
gossamer88
HDTV Snob
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Da boogie down Bronx
Posts: 6,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
How could Shane not pounce on that?
OK that made me LOL!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondon View Post
As Britnay said tonight it is a social game too and claims that is why everyone wanted Frank out.
Frank might have had an argument against Britnay if:

1. If, as Britnay said, he had not nominated he after making a deal with her.
2. If Frank had not planned on nominating Dan the week after forming the Silent Six. He would have done it had Boogie not talked him out of it.
3. If he was not alligned with one of the most dispicable players of all time (Boogie). You can't be alligned with someone like Boogie, and then complain that Dan is not playing a moral game.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
jcondon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,733
Not sure how any of that changes how people feel about Dan. And more importantly how they will vote if Dan makes it to the final 2 vs Ian.

Frank lost. I disagree with him thinking he played a totally honest game. I agree he lied to her.
__________________
PSNID - jimbo8574
jcondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
How could Shane not pounce on that?
I have my theories.....
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 27,563
I posted this in the spoiler thread - no spoilers, just my thoughts on the final 2...

OK, let's analyze the possibilities based on final 2 pairings:

Dan/Danielle Final 2 -

Brittany votes Dan
Joe votes Danielle
Ashley votes Danielle (based on Frank's influence)
Frank votes Danielle
Jen votes Danielle
Shane votes Danielle
Ian votes Dan
Danielle wins

Dan/Ian Final 2 -
Brittany votes Ian
Joe votes Ian
Ashley votes Ian
Frank votes Ian
Jen votes Dan
Shane votes Ian
Danielle votes Dan
Ian wins

Ian/Danielle Final 2 -
Brittany votes Ian
Joe votes Ian
Ashley votes Danielle
Frank votes Danielle
Jen votes Danielle
Shane votes Danielle
Dan votes Danielle
Danielle wins

Conclusions:
Anyone who takes Danielle with them loses
Dan can't win (even though he should)
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I posted this in the spoiler thread - no spoilers, just my thoughts on the final 2...

OK, let's analyze the possibilities based on final 2 pairings:

Dan/Danielle Final 2 -

Brittany votes Dan
Joe votes Danielle
Ashley votes Danielle (based on Frank's influence)
Frank votes Danielle
Jen votes Danielle
Shane votes Danielle
Ian votes Dan
Danielle wins

Dan/Ian Final 2 -
Brittany votes Ian
Joe votes Ian
Ashley votes Ian
Frank votes Ian
Jen votes Dan
Shane votes Ian
Danielle votes Dan
Ian wins

Ian/Danielle Final 2 -
Brittany votes Ian
Joe votes Ian
Ashley votes Danielle
Frank votes Danielle
Jen votes Danielle
Shane votes Danielle
Dan votes Danielle
Danielle wins

Conclusions:
Anyone who takes Danielle with them loses
Dan can't win (even though he should)
What are some of your votes theories based on? In scenario 1, why does Joe or Jen vote for Danielle? In fact, I have no idea how those two floaters will vote in any scenario.

In scenario 2, why does Britnay vote for Ian over Dan? I can see her possibly voting for Ian or Dan because she seems to be voting on pure gameplay. If Jen wouldn't vote for Dan in scenario 1, why would she vote for him in scenario 2? Does she hate Ian that much?

I think there are almost no gauranteed votes for any of the final three except Shane voting for Danielle. Even as pissed as Frank seems toward Dan, it will all depend on how much they cool off by finale night and how much they can put bitterness aside and vote for who played the best game (and what their definition of "best game" is).
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #25
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 27,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
What are some of your votes theories based on? In scenario 1, why does Joe or Jen vote for Danielle? In fact, I have no idea how those two floaters will vote in any scenario.

In scenario 2, why does Britnay vote for Ian over Dan? I can see her possibly voting for Ian or Dan because she seems to be voting on pure gameplay. If Jen wouldn't vote for Dan in scenario 1, why would she vote for him in scenario 2? Does she hate Ian that much?

I think there are almost no gauranteed votes for any of the final three except Shane voting for Danielle. Even as pissed as Frank seems toward Dan, it will all depend on how much they cool off by finale night and how much they can put bitterness aside and vote for who played the best game (and what their definition of "best game" is).
Your Pt 1 - Jen and Danielle were good friends. Danielle would certainly get her vote. Joe hates Dan - he is mad at him for swearing on the bible and lying.

Your Pt 2 - Brittany and Ian were very close friends and allies throughout the game. She would vote him over Dan. Jen had more of a relationship with Dan than Ian. She would vote for him over Ian.

As for Frank, he will NEVER, EVER cast a vote for Dan. EVER. Not gonna happen - he HATES him after the blindside.

You need to remember the social aspect of this game. Relationships were forged. People felt betrayed. Often votes are cast with the heart over the head...that is why your social game is as important, if not more so, than any other part of your game.

Dan won his season with his social game - he did not win a single competition. I think he will lose this season because he is disliked for his gameplay - his social game will not save him this time, regardless of who he sits with if he makes final 2.
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #26
EscapeGoat
wPod
 
EscapeGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Dan won his season with his social game - he did not win a single competition. I think he will lose this season because he is disliked for his gameplay - his social game will not save him this time, regardless of who he sits with if he makes final 2.
The link below might have spoilers to the final HOH comps so far.

Dan won an HOH and a POV (according to Wikipedia). It's his social game that might make him lose if he gets to the final. He didn't spread the blame around to his fellow players enough, and that might cost him in the end.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
gossamer88
HDTV Snob
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Da boogie down Bronx
Posts: 6,847
Even today I feel Dan took it too far. Ian can be seen as more dangerous than Shane. In fact anyone sitting next to Ian will lose.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #28
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Your Pt 1 - Jen and Danielle were good friends. Danielle would certainly get her vote. Joe hates Dan - he is mad at him for swearing on the bible and lying.

Your Pt 2 - Brittany and Ian were very close friends and allies throughout the game. She would vote him over Dan. Jen had more of a relationship with Dan than Ian. She would vote for him over Ian.

As for Frank, he will NEVER, EVER cast a vote for Dan. EVER. Not gonna happen - he HATES him after the blindside.

You need to remember the social aspect of this game. Relationships were forged. People felt betrayed. Often votes are cast with the heart over the head...that is why your social game is as important, if not more so, than any other part of your game.

Dan won his season with his social game - he did not win a single competition. I think he will lose this season because he is disliked for his gameplay - his social game will not save him this time, regardless of who he sits with if he makes final 2.
As I said before, if Boogie won his season even though the person sitting next to him was much more likeable (I forget her name)...then anything can happen. We see people often win these shows (BB or Survivor) even though they played the deceiving/backstabing role while sitting next to the likeable person who played it safe.

As for Frank NEVER voting for Dan...I've seen people cast votes I never expected. Plus, Frank was not happy with Ian blindsiding him and Boogie either.

To me this game is about strategy. Can it be done by getting less blood on your hands than Dan did? Yes. But, if this game is just about sitting in a house and being nice to people for three months, then I could win this thing easy.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,670
TC CLUB MEMBER
One thing I've learned from watching previous seasons of this show is how far off predictions of the jury vote usually are. That said, I don't see how Dan can win.

Although,
Spoiler:
he did mention in Sunday's episode about making a comment to Shane as he was going out the door to try to win some jury votes.

__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
2004raptor
Registered User
 
2004raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
One thing I've learned from watching previous seasons of this show is how far off predictions of the jury vote usually are. That said, I don't see how Dan can win.

Although,
Spoiler:
he did mention in Sunday's episode about making a comment to Shane as he was going out the door to try to win some jury votes.
I forgot about that. I know people will disagree with me but I hope Dan loses. I hope he goes out next and gets nothing, although that's probably a very slim chance.

I know it's just a game and "lying" is part of it but he's a very cruel person to say/do some of the things he's done.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |