TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
AllYourBase

Linux GPL'd sources for recent software

A note to TiVo, I am requesting the 11.2 (DirecTV THR22), 15.3 (Virgin Mobile/Cisco/Gimbal, 19.0 (tivo stream), and 20.x (latest premiere) GPL'd sources.

I'm surmising that tivo is not legally on the hook to release the source for the the 3rd party boxes (DirecTV and Virgin), though would appreciate a confirmation of that.

For the 19.x software, I can understand that you may wish to wait for the 90 days for the dust to settle. For the 20.x software, that's been out for a while now.

Finally, a question about the tivo software running on the stream, why is it an LSB system? This is the first mips cpu I've seen tivo run in LSB, was it because of the transcoder hardware?

Thanks
AllYourBase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBase View Post
A note to TiVo, I am requesting the 11.2 (DirecTV THR22), 15.3 (Virgin Mobile/Cisco/Gimbal, 19.0 (tivo stream), and 20.x (latest premiere) GPL'd sources.

I'm surmising that tivo is not legally on the hook to release the source for the the 3rd party boxes (DirecTV and Virgin), though would appreciate a confirmation of that.

For the 19.x software, I can understand that you may wish to wait for the 90 days for the dust to settle. For the 20.x software, that's been out for a while now.

Finally, a question about the tivo software running on the stream, why is it an LSB system? This is the first mips cpu I've seen tivo run in LSB, was it because of the transcoder hardware?

Thanks
Are you just cc'ing us, with the original actually going to TiVo, Inc, at tivo.com?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
stahta01
Simple Member

Before complaining verify it is NOT listed here.

http://www.tivo.com/opensource/linux/

Tim S.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
SullyND
L:27-31

Margret has posted on twitter that they should be posted soon - OP, TiVo isn't as active on here as they once were - you'd be better off going to them directly (But then maybe you are sockpuppet on twitter and that's what you did).
SullyND is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
AllYourBase

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahta01 View Post
Before complaining verify it is NOT listed here.

http://www.tivo.com/opensource/linux/

Tim S.
Ironic that had you taken your own, unsolicited, advice before posting, you would have found absent the software versions I requested and perhaps saved us from a needless post.
AllYourBase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
stahta01
Simple Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBase View Post
Ironic that had you taken your own, unsolicited, advice before posting, you would have found absent the software versions I requested and perhaps saved us from a needless post.
I think you can go away.

Tim S.