TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Rubatoguy

No output on HDMI Premiere XL4

I just purchased a Tivo XL4 to work with Comcast cable and a Panasonic VIERA TC-L42ET5 TV. Initially I thought the tivo was defective because I would get the "starting up" screen - then the tv would report no signal once the hard drive on the Tivo started being accessed (Yellow light.)

On a whim, I connected the tv via the component connections from the Tivo and voila' I got picture.

So the question is: How can I set up the tivo so that the HDMI output works with my TV?
Rubatoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubatoguy View Post
I just purchased a Tivo XL4 to work with Comcast cable and a Panasonic VIERA TC-L42ET5 TV. Initially I thought the tivo was defective because I would get the "starting up" screen - then the tv would report no signal once the hard drive on the Tivo started being accessed (Yellow light.)

On a whim, I connected the tv via the component connections from the Tivo and voila' I got picture.

So the question is: How can I set up the tivo so that the HDMI output works with my TV?
You might want to try a different HDMI cable.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
Rubatoguy

Okay, I am using the HDMI cable that came with the TIVO, I will try another and see if there is any difference.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Rubatoguy

Here is an update: If you go to the SYSTEM INFORMATION screen, you can look to see if the HDMI is enabled. If not, you have a bad cable, or your tv may need a firmware update to 'see' the TIVO. In my case the HDMI cable supplied with the Tivo box was bad. I swapped the cable with another one I had and now everything is copasetic.