TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
SCinTN

N13 error, again

Seems I have had this problem before but have been unable to find previous posts which helped me. Nine days ago, we had a lightning storm which briefly (<24 hours) knocked our cable/internet offline. After they came back, TiVo kept getting N33 and/or N13 errors. I tried the unplugging/replugging, restarting system, etc., but still get the N13 error. I am using an Apple Time Capsule and an RCA Digital Broadband router. I don't think that I had any firewall issues before. Seems I might have also fixed the problem last time by hardwiring the G Wireless adapter. Does any of this ring a bell to any of you?
SCinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
SCinTN

Sorry, I may have meant N wireless adapter instead of G.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
poppagene

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/400

Your previous posts are here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=482937
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
SCinTN

Thanks, poppagene. It was getting worse, because I tried to reset the N adapter to default settings, then tried updating the firmware. Then the TiVo told me I didn't have an adapter. I am going to try what fixed this last time, which is hooking the TiVo up with an Ethernet cable directly to my router.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
SCinTN

Meh. Was able to connect to network by hardwiring TiVo to router, but that requires a 50' Ethernet cable going from one room to another. N adapter still out. It was showing blue with a weak signal before the reset; now it shows green and no bars. Pretty seriously considering abandoning TiVo after six years. The only reason I kept them is because Comcast's DVR was such a joke.

Last edited by SCinTN : 09-14-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: updated to note connecting to network w/Ethernet cable