TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
joelw

Tivo Stream at Best Buy?

Does anybody know when Best Buy will start selling the Stream? I've got $75 in Reward Zone coupons I'd like to apply to the unit purchase
joelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
compnurd

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...491467&page=17
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
joelw

Oops. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
NYHeel

It's not on Amazon either.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
compnurd

LOL it just came out what 4 hours ago
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
modnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
LOL it just came out what 4 hours ago
Well, it's not unheard of for retailers (online and brick and mortar) to have items available on release date.
modnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
SugarBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by modnar View Post
Well, it's not unheard of for retailers (online and brick and mortar) to have items available on release date.
it happens every tuesday for movies.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
triftraf

Dropped by my local BB and they did some searching in their system for the Stream and couldn't find it. This guy said probably need to wait 2-4 weeks...
triftraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
innocentfreak

TiVo is probably filling initial orders and then once demand slows they will push it to retailers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Austin Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
TiVo is probably filling initial orders and then once demand slows they will push it to retailers.
I was out in the bay area this week and had time to kill so I stopped at a best buy yesterday. They didn't have it. I could practically see the tivo HQ from the store.

Went back to the hotel and ordered one. When I landed back in austin today it was already waiting for me. It shipped from Dallas.
Austin Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #11
modnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Bike View Post

I was out in the bay area this week and had time to kill so I stopped at a best buy yesterday. They didn't have it. I could practically see the tivo HQ from the store.

Went back to the hotel and ordered one. When I landed back in austin today it was already waiting for me. It shipped from Dallas.
Mine shipped from Dallas area, too. Of course, it's sitting in a warehouse 30 miles away all weekend before Monday's scheduled delivery.
modnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
triftraf

Appeared on Best Buy's website today - as coming soon.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TIVO+INC...ream&cp=1&lp=1
Old 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by triftraf View Post
Appeared on Best Buy's website today - as coming soon.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TIVO+INC...ream&cp=1&lp=1
It shows as being available locally at five of the Best Buy stores in Northern VA. If it already had Android support I would pick one up today.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #14
jfh3

They are also in most Colorado Best Buy stores. They were just being put on the shelf when I walked in earlier this afternoon.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #15
NYHeel

Oh well. I just bought it from Tivo on Friday. UPS has Wednesday set for delivery. Could have just picked it up in a store in Manhattan on Monday and saved on the shipping. Gotta learn to be a little more patient next time.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #16
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHeel View Post
Oh well. I just bought it from Tivo on Friday. UPS has Wednesday set for delivery. Could have just picked it up in a store in Manhattan on Monday and saved on the shipping. Gotta learn to be a little more patient next time.
Early adopters have DNA that prevents brain cells from processing the concept of patience when new toys are involved. Studies in my house have shown it is physically impossible to be patient. Think of the shipping charges as your co-pay.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
triftraf

Picked mine up at BB yesterday. Loving it so far! Very happy with the streaming quality!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
aaronwt
HD Addict

They had one left when I was at the local BB earlier. Common sense prevailed and I didn't pick it up.

I was at the Customer service counter for 55 minutes trying to return my Asus EA-66N Access Point(they never showed it as being shipped three weeks ago even though I received it two days after I ordered it so it took them a long time to figure out how to give me a refund... What a PITA..at least the CS lady was nice about it). And I had a lot of time to think about it while waiting.

If I had a 10% off coupon I would have picked it up, but since I couldn't find a coupon I decided to wait. Plus I need Android support anyway.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #19
compnurd

waiting for it to hit amazon... i have about 70 bucks in credits
Old 09-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
Jackamus

TC CLUB MEMBER
I got mine at Bestbuy.com - I love that you can order online and then go pick it up. No wait, no mess, no hassle.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackamus View Post
I got mine at Bestbuy.com - I love that you can order online and then go pick it up. No wait, no mess, no hassle.
That's the problem, I've had too many hassles doing that this year. Where now I won't order anything for in store pickup any more. I would have been better off walking into the store and getting it from the store shelves than dealing with the people at the pickup counter.

And after this past Sunday I'm beginning to feel the same way about orderi.g online for delivery at home. I had to wait about an hour for things to get straightened out. That is at least the third time this year I spent around an hour at the CS counter. The other two times was because of in store pickup.

Sent from my HTC ReZound using Forum Runner
Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
Jackamus

TC CLUB MEMBER
I have to say, I have had pretty good luck with the store pick up. I am usally in and out within about 5-7 minutes.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
Dan203
Super Moderator

The one time I did it it took them like 40 minutes to find my order. Have never done it since.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
DeWitt

My experience as well. Watched people walk in and buy what I pre ordered while waiting for the pick up to get straightened out. First and last time...
DeWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #25
subVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
That's the problem, I've had too many hassles doing that this year. Where now I won't order anything for in store pickup any more. I would have been better off walking into the store and getting it from the store shelves than dealing with the people at the pickup counter.
My local best buy was notorious for either saying that the item ready for pickup but not actually 'picking' the item or leaving me waiting at the pickup section while the processed length return transactions. I complained over and over on their surveys about the shopping experience and now it's better.

I picked up my Stream from the big 14th St. NYC store today and I was in and out in about a minute.
subVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #26
joelw

I picked one up today at the local Best Buy on Long Island. Haven't yet hooked it up.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #27
NYHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3 View Post
Early adopters have DNA that prevents brain cells from processing the concept of patience when new toys are involved. Studies in my house have shown it is physically impossible to be patient. Think of the shipping charges as your co-pay.
Of course my lack of patience ended up requiring me to be more patient. My UPS shipment isn't coming until Wednesday whereas I could have picked it up from my local Best Buy on Sunday. So not only did I cost myself money on the shipping charge but I have to wait 3 more days. Oh well.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
joelw

Setting up the Stream was quick and painless. I connected the Stream to my network switch, and ran the setup in the Tivo app on my iPad (and later on my iPhone). Couldn't be simpler. This is a great add-on for Premier owners who have an iPad or iPhone. Thanks, Tivo, for another great product!!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #29
MsKTFantastico

I purchased mine from Best Buy yesterday. I did the buy online and in store pickup. It was available in less than 45 minutes. Yay for not having to pay shipping!

Set up did take longer than I anticipated, but I haven't had any issues. I've streamed a couple shows and even downloaded a couple.

It's been flawless. This device rocks! My only wish is that you could stream when not in your home wifi, but I'll take this it's a start!
MsKTFantastico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
wackymann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKTFantastico View Post
It's been flawless. This device rocks! My only wish is that you could stream when not in your home wifi, but I'll take this it's a start!
The only time I EVER want to stream from my TiVo is when I am out of the house. I realize other people have a use for streaming within their home, but I don't. If/when they offer streaming over the internet, I will buy one. My Slingbox is great, but if there is someone home, you have to watch what they are watching (or vice versa). Getting rid of that restriction would definitely be worth way more than $129 to me.
wackymann is offline   Reply With Quote