Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
thebigmo
Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Breaking Bad S05E08 "Gliding Over All" OAD 09/02/12

Oh Snap!
Spoiler:
Hanks light bulb just went on
and we have to wait ten months again? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
thebigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Breaking Bad S05E08 "Gliding Over All" OAD 9/2/12

Holy crap. I never thought Hank figuring it out would come so soon or come in one fell swoop, rather than piecing things together with growing suspicion over time.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Holy crap.
Yes it was.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
maltese

Maybe it will take a few episodes for Hank to gather a case against W.W.?

Why was the book signed G.B. and not G.F.?
maltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese View Post
Maybe it will take a few episodes for Hank to gather a case against W.W.?

Why was the book signed G.B. and not G.F.?

Gale Boetticher.

Last edited by Hank : 09-02-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
Hank
AC•FTW

To all those people in the previous thread who thought that Hank did not have any possible clue that Walter White was Heisenberg... Called it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I don't have time to find the clip, but when Hank found the "W.W." in Gale's notebook and asked Walt about it, I could swear that Hank was asking Walt in a very tentative but still incredulous way "...and who has the initials 'WW'??" and looking right at Walt. Now maybe Hank was only joking/teasing Walt, but it really seemed to be more than that. It was a tense moment until Walt thumbed through the notebook to find the Walt Whitman quote. I'm sure that Hank has already linked the WW in the notebook to Walter White, but instantly dismissed it because of who he thinks Walt is (or isn't). I think this will be one of the major clues that Hank hits on right as he finally figures out Walt is Heisenberg.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
maltese

Quote:
Gale Boettinger.
Oh yes! I need go back and review the book gift.
maltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Hank
AC•FTW

By the way, the song playing during the last scene, in the background very softly, even muffled, was Squeeze's "Up the Junction". Pretty telling.

Squeeze - Up The Junction
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Up The Junction

Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
To all those people in the previous thread who thought that Hank did not have any possible clue that Walter White was Heisenberg... Called it:
I called it, too.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...97#post9260497

The music choices were a hoot,

"Crystal Blue Persuasion," indeed.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
goMO

Yeah i caught that too. I thought the little girl was going to drown.

Quote:
By the way, the song playing during the last scene, in the background very softly, even muffled, was Squeeze's "Up the Junction". Pretty telling.

Squeeze - Up The Junction
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Up The Junction

goMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

The scene at the pool was so serene, I just knew there was going to be something major. So well done!
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Heh. I was counting on the replay they had of the two minutes on breakingbadstorysync. I wondered why there seemed to be too many.

It was 10 guys that had to go with the lawyer. http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...e-breaking-bad
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
The scene at the pool was so serene, I just knew there was going to be something major. So well done!
You were waiting for Walt Jr. to roll Holly into the water.

You were also waiting like Jesse was, for the bags to explode.
UVerse and OTA

Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
robojerk

Quote:
To all those people in the previous thread who thought that Hank did not have any possible clue that Walter White was Heisenberg.
Called it
Called what? He had no clue.. He found Gale's book, which was pretty damning evidence. His face at the end was pure shock. I always thought Hank finding out would be the ending cliff hanger, but he had no idea.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
Hank
AC•FTW

I'm not in the mood for another huge battle this week. My previous quote explains it all.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
danterner
Not it!

This might have been the best episode yet, in my opinion. I loved every moment of it. The directing and the cinematography were phenomenal. Everything about it was awesome.

So the cancer is back. Not a surprise, but I love the punch-dented metal paper towel dispenser's use as the reveal.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
mrdazzo7

Quote:
I'm not in the mood for another huge battle this week. My previous quote explains it all.
exactly... I dropped out of these threads because it became "let's just argue with everything Hank says"... Just leave it alone...

Great ending! Given that this was the last episode of the year, the last few minutes were tense... first it was "is Walt about to kill Jessie" (which apparently even Jessie was ready for), then it was "is Walt about to kill Skylar", only because it was teh closing minutes and there had to be some kind of shocker, but then he's all "I'm out."... Once they cut to the family having a normal dinner and everything was right again, I figured Hank would go in the house and stumble on something.

We always knew he'd find out, but I didn't expect Walt to actually quit first. I always thought it would be him getting more and more psychotic leading up to the final confrontation between the two of them. I didn't expect Walt to actually quit and start living a normal life again (that's probably the biggest shocker of the episode). He was thisclose to getting away with it too.

Now I'm especially intrigued to see where it goes. They took it in a direction I didn't expect and now I'm pissed we have an entire year to wait.

Quote:
So the cancer is back. Not a surprise, but I love the punch-dented metal paper towel dispenser's use as the reveal.
Hmmm, I didn't get that. I thought the paper towel thing was something that he did previously and they just never fixed it (lol). I thought I remembered a scene of him punching it, but you're saying that just happened as a way of letting us know he got bad news? Interesting
Old 09-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I didn't expect Walt to actually quit and start living a normal life again
I was actually shocked by that too considering his hubris has been so front and center this season. I guess the months cooking without Jesse, not having his kids really mad him unhappy.

Maybe the cancer is back and he wants to patch up things..???
Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #19
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I was actually shocked by that too considering his hubris has been so front and center this season. I guess the months cooking without Jesse, not having his kids really mad him unhappy.

it actually makes me feel bad for him again! lol... I"ve said in prior threads that with the path he was going down (and with the path he's already followed until now), I was whole-heartedly rooting against him. But then he went all "normal" on us and now I'm conflicted again. Not fully conflicted, mind you, because he still has a ton of stuff to answer for, but it's different now in that in the end he did chose his family...

so now it's gonna be about a normal guy who turned bad, then eventually went back to his normal life but now has to answer for what he's done. Kharma, course correction, whatever it's called... it always comes back.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post

I also think seeing all that cash in one pile made him realize he really didn't need to continue to makes adove amounts of money. It's become something that's more of a pain to deal with than its worth.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #21
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
I also think seeing all that cash in one pile made him realize he really didn't need to continue to makes adove amounts of money. It's become something that's more of a pain to deal with than its worth.
I thought that was brilliant from a writing perspective... he was obsessed with money and power and kind of blind by it but when she took the blanket off that pile of money, I think he (as well as us) just said "holy s*** I went to far"... especially when she said there was absolutely nothing she could do with it--it's just too much. I thought that was a great way to convince him that it has to end. Plus during the montage you could tell he was getting tired of it. The fact that they flat-out can't handle the amount of money it's bringing in was great.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
john4200

Was Walter really "out", or did he just say that to Skylar?

If he is really out, then what about that gang that he made the distribution deal with, they would not be happy. Unless Walt gave the cooking to someone else. Maybe Todd and the gang's cook could do it.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #23
mrdazzo7

I thought about that too, but I don't think there's anyway he could pretend to be out and not actually be out...he doesn't have a job and the only reason he was able to lie to other people was because he had the car wash as an excuse, but he can't use that lie on Skylar. I think he was genuinely out.

As for what that meant/means for the business, I don't know. I'm guessing there were some implications... It looked like there was at least a small amount of time between the kitchen scene and the last scene on the patio, but there was no indication of what happened on the business side.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
JETarpon

Quote:
Hmmm, I didn't get that. I thought the paper towel thing was something that he did previously and they just never fixed it (lol). I thought I remembered a scene of him punching it....
I agree with this. I think that is old damage.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #25
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
From when he punched it well over a year ago? At the doctor's office? Then what's the point showing it to us?

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #26
TheMerk
Always Bid First

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #27
SeanC
ECT

So anyone here have any idea of the ball park that pile of money was in?

My best wag with the given information is extremely general:

8 digits? Absolutely
9? I would say most likely, probably lower 9.
10? Could it possibly have been a billion dollars? I don't think so but this ballpark is so damn vague, like Skylar, I just have no real idea.
SeanC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #28
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
So anyone here have any idea of the ball park that pile of money was in?

My best wag with the given information is extremely general:

8 digits? Absolutely
9? I would say most likely, probably lower 9.
10? Could it possibly have been a billion dollars? I don't think so but this ballpark is so damn vague, like Skylar, I just have no real idea.
On the next episode of Storage Wars:

Darrel: That's a billion dollar bill all day long!

/
/
/

Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #29
BitbyBlit

Quote:
exactly... I dropped out of these threads because it became "let's just argue with everything Hank says"... Just leave it alone...
I didn't like people piling on TCF Hank either, but if he's going to target all people who hold a specific viewpoint like this...

Quote:
...he should be at least willing to discuss it with them.

He definitely got this part right:

Quote:
I think this will be one of the major clues that Hank hits on right as he finally figures out Walt is Heisenberg.
But I still don't see how that means BB Hank had a clue before that moment. In fact, the final scene seemed just the opposite to me, as if his ribbing of Walt about the initials was taking on a whole new meaning to him.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #30
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
That would be neat, but...

Quote:
Hmmm, I didn't get that. I thought the paper towel thing was something that he did previously and they just never fixed it (lol). I thought I remembered a scene of him punching it, but you're saying that just happened as a way of letting us know he got bad news? Interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
Correct. Walt punched it in S02E09.

/
/
/