TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
bmgoodman

TiVo hates new Redskins QB?

So, for the first time in over a decade, my TiVo totally let me down by NOT recording today's Redskins game, featuring the NFL debut of their top draft pick, Robert Griffin III. I checked the To Do list last night, and the game was right there. Imagine my surprise to return home today at nearly 2:30 PM to begin watching the game, only to find NO GAME being recorded!!

So, I missed 1.5 quarters of the debut. Not going to end the world, but still pretty disappointing. TiVo "thought" the Redskins were not playing. I just checked Zap2It, and it shows the 1 PM game being Eagles v. Browns.

I've never had this happen before. It's very odd that the Redskins/Saints game managed to disappear from the schedule since last night. I'm a bit surprised that nobody else was mentioned it here.

Well, life goes on. But the timing was bad! SO glad I didn't stay out longer this afternoon!
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
jay_man2
jay_man-also

I saw mention in another thread that the guide listing was wrong, and didn't list Skins/Saints for this area.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
dwit

Guide changes are not unheard of. If the guide changes and the Tivo connects and downloads the new information, yes the To Do list can/will change.

Tivo merely did what it's programmed to do.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

He had a great game.

he just needs to not do that when he plays against the Cowboys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
waynomo
My One Time

I manually record the games. I set it yesterday or the day before.
Today when I went to watch I was surprised to see it listed as Philly vs. the Browns.

However, it is the Skins vs. the Saints.

Somebody screwed up somewhere in programming land. How could they think that the Skins wouldn't be broadcast in the DC area. My guess is that they had a new guy doing the programming at Tribune and they screwed up.

BTW - I could download using KMMTG and convert to MPG and you could download from my server if you like.

(I am not violating and TCF rules by offering that, am I? If so I apologize.)
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
So, for the first time in over a decade, my TiVo totally let me down by NOT recording today's Redskins game, featuring the NFL debut of their top draft pick, Robert Griffin III. I checked the To Do list last night, and the game was right there. Imagine my surprise to return home today at nearly 2:30 PM to begin watching the game, only to find NO GAME being recorded!!

So, I missed 1.5 quarters of the debut. Not going to end the world, but still pretty disappointing. TiVo "thought" the Redskins were not playing. I just checked Zap2It, and it shows the 1 PM game being Eagles v. Browns.

I've never had this happen before. It's very odd that the Redskins/Saints game managed to disappear from the schedule since last night. I'm a bit surprised that nobody else was mentioned it here.

Well, life goes on. But the timing was bad! SO glad I didn't stay out longer this afternoon!
I noticed this at 1PM. Just in time for kick off. For some reason the guide data was showing a different game being broadcast. I had to manually initiate a recording.

It was certainly a good start for Robert Griffin III!
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
mr.unnatural

My HTPC with WMC recorded it just fine. No scheduling problems here. Great game, BTW. RGIII was awesome.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I noticed this at 1PM. Just in time for kick off. For some reason the guide data was showing a different game being broadcast. I had to manually initiate a recording.

It was certainly a good start for Robert Griffin III!
Same here. I was watching live and had to run out at halftime. When I manually hit the record button, I noticed it said it was the Eagles/Browns.

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
My HTPC with WMC recorded it just fine. No scheduling problems here. Great game, BTW. RGIII was awesome.
Who is the supplier of the guide data you use?

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
with
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
lpwcomp

Serves ya'll right for not recording all of the NFL games regardless of who is playing.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrs View Post
Who is the supplier of the guide data you use?
Zap2It. I thought it was the same supplier that provides guide data to Tivos. Zap2It is owned by Tribune Media, IIRC.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
dwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
Zap2It. I thought it was the same supplier that provides guide data to Tivos. Zap2It is owned by Tribune Media, IIRC.
How could that be(considering this situation)? Does wmc not connect to update as often as Tivo?

Maybe they(MS) contract with Tribune for a custom guide?
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.

Last edited by dwit : 09-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwit View Post
How could that be(considering this situation)? Does wmc not connect to update as often as Tivo?

Maybe they(MS) contract with Tribune for a custom guide?
More likely a timing thing.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I watched the game on my Premier via LiveTV. The guide data was correct before kickoff.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote