Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #211
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
But instead of six-guns, they are using rocket launchers or whatever that thing was.
I recall hearing it is the same type of gun Rambo used. But I couldn't give you a make and model...

ETA: Apparently, I can. It's an M60 machine gun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #212
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I've mentioned it before once or twice, but I think the show ends with everyone involved in (i.e. assisting/helping/covering up) the Blue Sky empire getting killed. Quite a few people have died already. (Gus and the cartel people) Mike was the most recent. Walter will die. Skylar dies. Saul. Skinny Pete and Badger. Todd.

Everyone working in the operation in some way dies. Except Jesse. He gets our alive. And in decent shape.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #213
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I was really missing the Gus, the cousins, Hector, and the whole balance of the Mexican Cartel. It did take me a while to sorta get over that. Though I will say I continue to hope they come back.
I totally agree with this.. I liked having that balance of power.

Someone somewhere suggested that Vince Gilligan could do an entire series (prequel) in the same style about Tio and the cartel(s). That would be awesome.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #214
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Someone somewhere suggested that Vince Gilligan could do an entire series (prequel) in the same style about Tio and the cartel(s). That would be awesome.
I saw a very brief article/interview a few months ago with Gilligan and it was mentioned (maybe not by him initially but as I recall he wasn't dismissive) that there could be a Breaking Bad movie and/or that Saul could have a spin-off TV show. I don't know about the movie - unless it's a prequel it doesn't seem that anyone from the current cast would be left to be in the movie - but I would watch "Better Call Saul."
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #215
Hank
AC•FTW

As much as I love Saul's character, it would have to be a comedy or at best, a dramedy. It might be good for a season, but I don't see it being a slam-dunk or lasting more than one season.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #216
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
As much as I love Saul's character, it would have to be a comedy or at best, a dramedy. It might be good for a season, but I don't see it being a slam-dunk or lasting more than one season.
Of course it would be a comedy/dramedy. Is that a bad thing? And I don't know about it only lasting one season. I think it's about as close to a slam dunk as you can get. Look at the crappy shows that last many seasons. You can have an endless supply of clients -- some regulars like Walt and Jesse and some that would just pop up on each episode. Then we get to see Saul's home life. Is there a Mrs. Goodman? What about a Saul Jr? Saul is great and there's so much low-hanging fruit, this thing would practically write itself. You've got the built-in audience from BB, plus a lot of people who wouldn't watch BB (due to violence and how dark the show is) who would watch Saul doing funny stuff.

Last edited by tivoboyjr : 09-04-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: I realized I omitted a word. So I inserted that word.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #217
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

As I've been thinking about it, there's something that bugs me about this episode, and the way this half-season ended: The whole series has been building up to the point where Walt was in control of his own cook and could make the real money he's been looking for without being under someone else's thumb. Yet when they finally got there, they glossed over it in a short montage. I just feel kind of cheated that we've seen 50+ episodes to get to a certain outcome, and then that outcome is just yada yada yada'ed.

I wonder how much things would have been different if Vince Gilligan had been able to get AMC to agree to two final seasons of 10-13 episodes each, rather than one final season of 16 total episodes. I really feel like some of the stuff that previous seasons would have spent a lot of time on were just blown past in this season as if they weren't a big issue at all.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #218
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
As I've been thinking about it, there's something that bugs me about this episode, and the way this half-season ended: The whole series has been building up to the point where Walt was in control of his own cook and could make the real money he's been looking for without being under someone else's thumb. Yet when they finally got there, they glossed over it in a short montage. I just feel kind of cheated that we've seen 50+ episodes to get to a certain outcome, and then that outcome is just yada yada yada'ed.

I wonder how much things would have been different if Vince Gilligan had been able to get AMC to agree to two final seasons of 10-13 episodes each, rather than one final season of 16 total episodes. I really feel like some of the stuff that previous seasons would have spent a lot of time on were just blown past in this season as if they weren't a big issue at all.
I really did expect to see Walt do more cooking. And expected to see complications with the Phoenix crew. I suppose the complications with the Phoenix crew could still happen.. But I guess the cooking is done.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #219
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

Of course it would be a comedy/dramedy. Is that a bad thing? And I don't know about it only lasting one season. I think it's about as close to a slam dunk as you can get. Look at the crappy shows that last many seasons. You can have an endless supply of clients -- some regulars like Walt and Jesse and some that would just pop up on each episode. Then we get to see Saul's home life. Is there a Mrs. Goodman? What about a Saul Jr? Saul is great and there's so much low-hanging fruit, this thing would practically write itself. You've got the built-in audience from BB, plus a lot of people who wouldn't watch BB (due to violence and how dark the show is) who would Saul doing funny stuff.
Each episode could feature Huell opening a door and entering the room in different wacky ways, accompanied by applause and a laugh track. Oh, that Huell!

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #220
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I really did expect to see Walt do more cooking. And expected to see complications with the Phoenix crew. I suppose the complications with the Phoenix crew could still happen.. But I guess the cooking is done.
I can see that. But on the other hand, watching him continue to cook is been there, done that. How many more times do we need to watch Walt mix up a batch of the blue stuff?

To me, it does feel like the Phoenix stuff was glossed over. Even if Walt has fulfilled his obligations to them (not sure if he has, but even if he has), it's hard to imagine that that relationship is over and it's a clean break. Seems like those guys would either want Heisenberg working for them or out of the picture (for the competitive reasons Declan mentioned when they met). He can say he's "out" but they won't believe him.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #221
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Each episode could feature Huell opening a door and entering the room in different wacky ways, accompanied by applause and a laugh track. Oh, that Huell!
Give it a season, and Tyler Perry will create a spin-off for Huell. The misadventures of the only black guy in Albuquerque.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #222
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I can see that. But on the other hand, watching him continue to cook is been there, done that. How many more times do we need to watch Walt mix up a batch of the blue stuff?
I'm not saying we should have just seen him cook over and over again without incident. But it did seem kind of abrupt that when Walt gets 95% of the way to reaching the goal he's been shooting for for over four seasons, they gloss over the final 5% in a montage. That would be like reading almost all of a novel and then having the last 30 pages just summarized in a couple paragraphs.
Quote:
To me, it does feel like the Phoenix stuff was glossed over. Even if Walt has fulfilled his obligations to them (not sure if he has, but even if he has), it's hard to imagine that that relationship is over and it's a clean break. Seems like those guys would either want Heisenberg working for them or out of the picture (for the competitive reasons Declan mentioned when they met). He can say he's "out" but they won't believe him.
I think Walt's obligation to Declan's crew was to provide them meth so they could distribute it. During that showdown, Walt mentioned $130 million, which is 35% of $300 million. If Walt stopped cooking before the 1,000 gallons of methylamine was gone, then he hasn't provided them enough meth for them to make their $130 million. And even if he has cooked through it all, the fact that some of it has been diverted to the Czech Republic means that there's no way Declan's crew will have made their $130 million. However, I don't know if that one sentence said by Walt will be enough for Declan's crew to hold him to it, or if the relationship has been mutually profitable and they'll respect that Walt no longer wants to play.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #223
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:

With Jesse out and Todd in, I suppose there could have been something they could have come with. But really, we don't need to SEE him cook for him to still be cooking.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #224
Hank
AC•FTW

I'd like to have seen a "close-call" with the in-home cooking method. Just seems so risky to me. Maybe a spill that takes extra time to clean up, or some damage they cover up somehow. Or a homeowner visiting the home when they're supposed to be gone.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #225
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
....watching him continue to cook is been there, done that. How many more times do we need to watch Walt mix up a batch of the blue stuff?....
Really....I mean, how many different camera angles and musical numbers do we need?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #226
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Breaking Bad is moving to ABC. (it's funny up to about 1:20, IMO).

Breaking Bad is now on ABC
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Breaking Bad is moving to ABC!
That is pretty darn funny-I never realized Breaking Bad needed a laugh track!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #227
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
I'd like to have seen a "close-call" with the in-home cooking method. Just seems so risky to me. Maybe a spill that takes extra time to clean up, or some damage they cover up somehow. Or a homeowner visiting the home when they're supposed to be gone.
Maybe a guy comes back home to get his stash of blue sky meth, and sees a meth lab in his living room.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #228
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
yeah!!

Quote:
Maybe a guy comes back home to get his stash of blue sky meth, and sees a meth lab in his living room.

lol.

That would be funny.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #229
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
By the way, how funny was it when Jesse was hiding the bong when Walt showed up, as if he should be embarrassed that Walt would know he was smoking weed.
Wow - is that what that was about? I totally read that as more of an "I sure as hell don't want no ricin getting into this somehow" kind of a thing that him being embarrassed about smoking. Seems lately he's been pretty nervous every time Walt is around.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #230
Hank
AC•FTW

Yeah, hiding the bong was strange. And even if Walt put ricin in it, Jesse could just wash it out.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #231
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Wow - is that what that was about? I totally read that as more of an "I sure as hell don't want no ricin getting into this somehow" kind of a thing that him being embarrassed about smoking. Seems lately he's been pretty nervous every time Walt is around.
Quote:
Yeah, hiding the bong was strange. And even if Walt put ricin in it, Jesse could just wash it out.
I took that the way Devdog did: it was that father/son dynamic between Walt and Jesse, and Jesse was embarrassed. He was afraid of Walt, too, but that moment was just an instinctual thing of being "caught" and reacting.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #232
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Or a homeowner visiting the home when they're supposed to be gone.
This was something that I kept expecting to happen during the cook montage.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #233
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
This was something that I kept expecting to happen during the cook montage.
When your house is tented, you stay out. Such a clever idea. I wonder if the writers came up with it or it's really happened before (or something similar).
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #234
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
When your house is tented, you stay out. Such a clever idea. I wonder if the writers came up with it or it's really happened before (or something similar).
Didn't you see it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? They forgot the tickets to the big football game while the apartment was bug bombed, they try to go in and get it, it's not pretty.
Looked for video clip, none to be found.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #235
sgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Not to mention that even in the worst county hospital the maintenance crew would have gotten a round tuit to replace the towel dispenser - or they would have a Dyson hand dryer by now.
And change the wall tile? Brown vs. gray?
sgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #236
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I took that the way Devdog did: it was that father/son dynamic between Walt and Jesse, and Jesse was embarrassed. He was afraid of Walt, too, but that moment was just an instinctual thing of being "caught" and reacting.
I took it to be a reference to the line in last week's episode where Jesse wanted out, and Walt was trying to guilt trip him by making Jesse realize he had no alternative plan and Walt said to him, "How soon will you start using again?"

So three months down the road, Walt shows up at Jesse's house, and yep, there's a bong on the table, and clearly Jesse was a little embarassed that Walt's prediction had partially* come true.

*Yes, I realize weed is not meth.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #237
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
Didn't you see it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? They forgot the tickets to the big football game while the apartment was bug bombed, they try to go in and get it, it's not pretty.
Looked for video clip, none to be found.
Hah! Those guys could never afford the quality services of Vamanos Buggos.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #238
xuxa

Quote:
It was just a reaction to Walt saying you are going to start using again to Jessie earlier in the episode. He is already starting down that path with the bong.
xuxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #239
drumorgan
a "dry" funny

Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #240
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Hmm....good point.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote